Author Topic: Futur-mafa-rama Day 4: When will it end??!  (Read 16998 times)

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Futur-mafa-rama Day 4: EDIT: Today, it seems.
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2007, 02:18:32 PM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
Wait, what? Vote Sir_Stabbalot

We've already voted. Everyone voted for me. Even myself.
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

Offline Patchkid15

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
RE: Futur-mafa-rama Day 4: EDIT: Today, it seems.
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2007, 02:21:49 PM »
Yay we killed the brains

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2007, 02:32:51 PM »
So the game isn't perfect. You don't wanna end up old and lonely like ZOIDBERG!
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2007, 02:33:46 PM »
Well, I learned my lesson:  Never read anything Sir_Stabbalot writes.

I think it should make things work pretty well.

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2007, 04:14:51 PM »
wow, I was just about to get on and change my vote to stabby, seems it was not necessary.

Originally posted by: Sir_Stabbalot

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
Wait, what? Vote Sir_Stabbalot

We've already voted. Everyone voted for me. Even myself.
I did it before you!
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2007, 04:30:54 PM »
Yeah, but you weren't in the mafia then...

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2007, 04:31:06 PM »

Originally posted by: Sir_Stabbalot
Also, Leela and Fry really hurt me. Not so much because of their abilities, but because they were named roles. That way there were less townies to hide among.

ha ha, glad I contributed, even if it was not through any specific action I took. I was leela, and I was extremely careful to keep my role a secret, I knew you would never attempt a hit on me if you knew, and as long as the brains did not know who leela was, they would have to be extra cautious with their hits.

You can ask khush, I think I was probably the most difficult person to get to give up my role, I wanted to be %100 sure that khush was legit, if the mafia found out my role would be useless (Even though it would have protected me).    

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2007, 04:34:09 PM »
Yeah, you definitely gave us the most trouble.  You wouldn't even talk to me, really, but it really worked out that you told us who you were when you did, so we were able to finish up the count and narrow things down to the last two potential criminals.

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2007, 04:36:47 PM »
Oh, its not that I didnt talk to you, I always had a good feeling about the alliance (just wanted to be sure).  I just didnt have anything to contribute, i was basically a townie unless the mafia attempted a hit.

If I had known the size of your list, I might have given in earlier, I didnt realize that giving up my role helped out that much since I didnt know you could basically figure everything out by process of elimination at that point.  

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2007, 04:45:22 PM »
It was tough, though, since Khush and I basically knew what was going on, and Khush absolutely needed the Dr's protection, it meant that I had to be careful not to reveal that I knew too much to any one player at any time, until the end, when things had to be Stabby.  Of course, it's funny, because he ended up jammed in his own bluff:  He knew just enough to place hits on the critical players, but if he did, we'd know it was him, effectively forcing him to do nothing about anything he learned except for today's failed final standoff, where he tried to make Patchkid look like the Big Brain.

However, today turned into a "The Big Brain am winning!" type of day at the end, where, impressed by the high moral fiber that Khush and I grew in these past three days, Nixon decided to confess, and his heart grew to be eight times to large on the NWR-mafia-Grinch-Futurama mash-up, How the Nibbler Stole Our Hearts.

Offline NuclearSpeed

• Cocaine is a hell of a drug
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2007, 05:02:11 PM »
Like I said in the Dead Thread bandwagons only get townies killed and if I would have gone with any of the bandwagons going when I voted I would have been voting for a townie, so I took a shot in the dark which had some background, that being the fact that two prior Mafia's 18 Days has kept me from winning at the end of the game, so I thought I would throw a vote there early since the odds have been that we haven't been on the same side, and again we were not.

Guess I should have gotten back sooner to the message Khush sent me then I did.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2007, 05:51:33 PM »
hopping on! Vote Sir_Stabbalot

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2007, 05:57:27 PM »
Well, Mafia 6 was the first mafia I played. This is Mafia 16 and makes my tenth anniversay. Although, I have hosted 3 games but still, I'm glad my hope to win my tenth anniversary came to fruition. I'm also glad I was able to finally get my first townie. I've done a lot of things in this game but I've never got a townie win before. Never came close because I was always killed too early. This also makes my 3rd win. Not much. I know quite a few who have four or more. But considering the odds I often have to overcome just to live for a few days, I do alright. Still, it seems I can only win in short game spans now. Mafia 11 took five days. This took four. I need to work faster.

Anyways, it's been a record setting mafia. I think this is the first time someone has started a runaway bandwagon only to personally stop it and start another successful bandwagon while still be targetted by a rival bandwagon.

It's the first time there have been two back to back winners in the same game, Thatguy and S-U-P-E-R. 3 if you count Spak's last day resurrection. I will.

It's the shortest regular rules mafia game ever.

And I'd say it's the fastest all the roles in a game where discovered. I thought I had that record down when I finalized my list at the end of Day2/start of Day 3. But Stabby fooled me and it took the start of Day 4.

I'd say it's also the worst I've done in a mafia game voting wise. It took the last day to correctly vote out a mafia member.

It's also the second time now the mad scientist role has been used to bring someone back to just share in a win.

I'm glad to have this win with the townies though. It was nice to be ablt ot give so many people a win with me. A lot of people I've screwed over in the past too. So, hopefully this makes it up to them. Obviously, I still have to do something for Athrun Zala and Dasmos and Vudu but I'm sure that time will come. I won't get around to it tonight but most likely tomorrow, I'll post what my strategy was and field any questions people may have about how I was able to locate someone or any other things they may be curious about. If you're interested. I know Vudu asked how I got all this information so quickly after one day. I'll give some brief details on that.

Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2007, 06:10:39 PM »
And put it in the books.

Here's the official winners:
Thatguy - (Maybe now you'll change that message to whatever the deal is, trust Khushrenada

Khushrenada (Maybe now the doctor will finally take a chance on me.)

Stevey (Hope my saving you from early day one death and helping get you a win will help end the whole back-stabbing doctor issue we had.)

Shyguy (How long has it been since you've won a game? I'm guessing this is a big game for you. Congrats.)

Zach (You know this is to make up for StarFox mafia and my royaly screwing you over. Looks like I got to make it up to you after all.)

S-U-P-E-R (Back to back wins for the Ty. Will he notice or is he too busy playing Japanese dating sims. At least I made it up to him and the two early deaths I caused of his im my first two games.)

Patchkid15 (Won your first game. And all you had to do was give away what your role was. They won't always be so easy.)

Spak-Spang (And my first win with the Spak. Glad I was able to accomplish that. I've wanted to work with you for sometime and enjoyed the few consultations we had. But, you killed me when you were a godfather and I had to mention to stevey that I'd like you brought back to share in the win. I think you owe me and stevey.)

Winners in our hearts:

Athrun Zala (Sorry about that. I just thought you were do for a big game and might be mafia again. I was wrong)

Dasmos (Sorry. The vote for me seemed suspicious and we had nothing else on you to think you might be a townie. Let's do luch next time.)

Nuclearspeed (Oh man, I can't believe I let Stabby dupe me with his words of praise. Then, thinking you were mafia, I didn't want to give you any info. I really owe you one.)

Blackfootsteps (Man, you got screwed. After all the careful preperation and time it took to get you to reveal yourself, we find out there's a mole. I'd say you get a half win. You kept the townie alliance going at just the right time)

And the Next Time, Gadget crowd:

Vudu (I really shouldn't have called you out as mafia. I hated the time it was done to me. But it did help draw out the last townies.)

oohhboy (Haven't got much to say. Learned you were mafia. You were killed.)

18 Days (Really? You couldn't just log in once even if the game was being played to see what your role was? Sorry you got caught by the rules.)

And

Sir_Stabbalot (Good for you. Most Improved Player. Although you really become to tied into the alliance to act. Still, you got on the investigator's good side. Too bad you couldn't influence his investigations. Fortunate you changed your vote when you did on the first day. Spak, thatguy and myself were all about to vote for you. I even sent Stevey a message saying that we should make a peace treaty and vote for you instead of each other. Then you sent that message saying I made such a logical arguement that you were changing your vote. I figured I finally reached through to you and then had to scramble to find a new target. Saved yourself and got to be a founding member of the townie alliance.)  
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2007, 06:49:58 PM »
Nah, Khush, I still don't trust you.  I do have faith in you trying to maintain as much integrity as possible, though.  But I think what got to me about Sir_Stabbalot was that he was so convicted in who he thought was mafia last time, and he was able to turn a few heads, and people listened.

Anyways, partway through day 2, I began to suspect Sir_Stabbalot a little.  You see, as a 'townie' I decided he was more dispensable than I was.  So, I came up with the idea that he could reveal himself with a small clip from my private messages that showed TVman telling me who Vudu was, in hopes of finding out more of who was who without risking revealing myself to any brain (yah, I know now, too late |-K), but his first target to find this bit out from was ShyGuy, someone who said he had a role, but had not yet let anyone know what it was.  His suggestion was that I investigate him, so that way, he would know we were telling the truth, and I saw that as a waste of a night for me.  Anyways, Sir_Stabbalot made absolutely no progress, whereas Khush kept telling me that he could tell ShyGuy was getting closer and closer to revealing himself.

In a final act, I told ShyGuy that I thought he shouldn't vote Patchkid from what I had seen earlier that day.  He listened to me, and said that if the Vigilante got caught through the night, we should vote Khush, another sign that he was listening to Khush, a good thing.  Now, at this point, we reached night, and I asked him to pass along a message to the vigilante, to go for oohhboy.  He said he would, and basically, using hypothetical speak, ShyGuy and I revealed ourselves to each other about the same time ShyGuy revealed himself to Khush, maybe a minute later, but anyways, it was before I got the message from Khush about him being certain he was Zap.

At this point, I realized that ShyGuy was dying to learn who the Investigator was, and that the fake evidence we had worked for Sir_Stabbalot must not have been used, or SS had not reported the results back to me.  Then, day 3 came, where NuclearSpeed told me he was a townie, so I began telling a few people the back-up plan to use, in case we had been lied to all along, though I figured it wasn't too important, because at that point, there was only the Big Brain un-accounted for, and only two people it could be.

All-in-all, I think what Sir_Stabbalot should have tried to do was tell Kushrenada who he was, and try convince him to join their side, killing me the first night.  In this case, Stevey would be the only player to have any sort of idea about this, since I contacted him in time to save him from the first day's vote.

I do have to apologize to all the players who died from votes.  We got all the votes wrong, all the time, except for the last.  Our plan, or my plan specifically, was to shift as many votes as possible as soon as I knew if a player being voted for is innocent.  Through this, we saved Khushrenada and Stevey on day one, then saved Patchkid on day 2.  Patchkid himself was crucial to our save, solely because of that mistake he made.  If it wasn't for that, Dasmos wouldn't have been revealed as a townie, and I would have used my chance to investigate on him.  In the end, since there were so few townies left, I would have put voting pressure towards Dasmos on day 3, and waited to check out oohhboy until the day later.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2007, 09:07:57 PM »
I think this may be the first game I survived. At least the first game where I survived and was an active participant in the win. In my favorite role too! the Vigilante.

Khush played the game very well.

Too bad 18days was AFK, I think it would have been more of a challenge with him playing.

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2007, 09:11:34 PM »

Originally posted by: Khushrenada
Blackfootsteps (Man, you got screwed. After all the careful preperation and time it took to get you to reveal yourself, we find out there's a mole. I'd say you get a half win. You kept the townie alliance going at just the right time)

Nah don't worry Khush, really Stabby had no choice but to go after me. He couldn't hit Fry or Leela, the investigator was no threat because of his Big Brain immunity and he would have hoped that Zap would kill the a townie by mistake. So that only left you and me, and Stabby had to kill me to get to you. Good game all around.

“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2007, 09:35:54 PM »
I do have to say, this game definitely shows it's good to hold off on killing the good players right away.  All I ever hear about is how Khush is killed right away, but fortunately, BFS, you helped save the game trusting him on day 2.

It also worked out that Khush was just waiting for a game he could use as a trust-builder.  One where he wouldn't have to resort to trickery or backstabbing to win, and luckily, I think most of us realized this pretty quickly.  We all knew Khush was sick of being hit with the first or second kill, but boy, when I agreed to trade roles with him, I have to say, I know he had the right role for this type of game to happen, as Wornstrom.  As the investigator, though, it's definitely felt like a punch in the gut to know that whatever I learned could be turned around in one night, but it was a necessary risk for this game.

Also, in this particular game, every bandwagon vote had a real purpose, and happened for a reason, rather than the "I don't like/trust this person" bandwagons I've seen.  I hate that they all of you who were voted ended up as townies, but let it be said that on days 1 and 2, it was done specifically to save the people who were confirmed townies.

Oh, and for the record:  Mafia, don't just vote for new/inactive players for the sake of a cover.  It doesn't work very well, IMO.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2007, 02:48:32 AM »
Khush:  Thanks for the kind words, but truth is you were the one most instrumental in the alliance.

Early on you taught me how to play Mafia...and therefore I took a risk to follow your lead and trust you.  
I was just one voice that you knew you could count on in day one.  And you knew I was 100% townie because I was confused about not getting a role.

I still don't know how you do...finding so much information out about everyone in a day or two.  Specially since I hardly talk to anyone if I have a role, I would assume most people do that as well...so I don't know what your secret is but it can be scary.

Offline Patchkid15

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2007, 02:52:09 AM »

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
And you knew I was 100% townie because I was confused about not getting a role.

Same as me i posted I didnt get a role and thatguy and khush saw it. So they knew my role on day 2.

Overall the game was fun for my first mafia game and Khush were there really 16 mafia games on these forums

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2007, 08:36:22 AM »

Zach (You know this is to make up for StarFox mafia and my royaly screwing you over. Looks like I got to make it up to you after all.)
Heh, thanks I guess.  Dont relax though, if the opportunity for a splendid revenge arises, I still might be tempted .

Patchkid15 (Won your first game. And all you had to do was give away what your role was. They won't always be so easy.
Be careful Patchkid, this wont always work.  It worked out for you this time, but I found out the hard way in my first game that you cannot be too careful who you trust. Especially Khushrenada

Vudu (I really shouldn't have called you out as mafia. I hated the time it was done to me. But it did help draw out the last townies.)
I hope your not talking about me here.  You seemed to enjoy it very much when I called you out (or at least you managed to turn it around very skillfully.)

Anyway, congrats khush, You are a mafia GOD!  The next host might think twice before creating a doctor role, so as to not allow somebody to be so blatantly creating an alliance.  In which case you would be royally screwed.  You may have obliterated the mafia in this game, but now you are a priority hit for the mafia in future games (If I am ever a godfather again, my first move would definately involve you)  

Offline Patchkid15

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2007, 08:48:33 AM »

Originally posted by: Zach

Patchkid15 (Won your first game. And all you had to do was give away what your role was. They won't always be so easy.
Be careful Patchkid, this wont always work.  It worked out for you this time, but I found out the hard way in my first game that you cannot be too careful who you trust. Especially Khushrenada

Words of Advice:
-If u are with the mafia with Khush trust Khush
-If you are with the townspeople with khush trust Khush

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2007, 11:23:57 AM »

Originally posted by: Patchkid15

Originally posted by: Zach

Words of Advice:
-If u are with the mafia with Khush trust Khush
-If you are with the townspeople with khush trust Khush
-If you are with the townspeople with khush, first assume that khush is lieing to you.  That really goes for anybody who tries to give you their role or any other information.  This was a very unique game, but in the future Never assume you are being told the truth!!!!!  

Edit: a little quote cleanup  

Offline Patchkid15

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2007, 11:45:01 AM »
lol