Author Topic: Atlus Brings Baroque to the Wii  (Read 9577 times)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Re: Atlus Brings Baroque to the Wii
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2008, 05:12:02 PM »
Bejeweled is free.  Anyone who pays for more it is an idiot.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2008, 01:35:29 PM »
Bejeweled is free.  Anyone who pays for more it is an idiot.

I gotcha.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2008, 01:51:28 PM »
I hang my head in shame.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2008, 06:19:25 PM »
I'm very disappointed to hear that this is probably a stinker.  To be honest, I was thinking about picking this up.
Not just flowers,I love them all like weeds and     veget
able.

I want to do garden forever.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2008, 02:41:59 AM »
It's a dungeon crawler, why did you even get your hopes up? There's craptons of those and most are just crappy games made because the developer couldn't be arsed to make proper dungeons for their RPG so they resorted to randomness. Unlike western developers it seems to me that japanese devs rarely attempt to optimize their algorithms for quality resulting in bad pathfinding, bad random levels, etc. Freaking Doom has better pathfinding than even RTSes made by japanese devs.

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2008, 05:27:23 PM »
Because there aren't tons of these on the Wii, I've enjoyed every Atlus game I've owned, and the concept was interesting.  Seemed like a sure thing to me.

As someone that never owned the PS2, I was screened from most of Japan's low-quality RPGs; for a Japanese RPG to make it all the way to the West, it usually had to be quite good.  The last time I owned a console that was a haven for RPGs, it was the SNES, and back then even the bad RPGs were pretty good.
able.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2008, 06:58:44 AM »
Some RPG site gave it a review saying it's decent, take that as you will.

Offline Kenology

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2008, 08:58:26 PM »
The game is actually quite good.  Don't expect anything technically impressive as it doesn't do anything with the hardware even by PS2 standards.  But the gameplay is pretty interesting even if I'm a bit lost as to what to do right now.  More impressions soon come.
Wii Friend Code: 6761 9883 7072 2526 - PM me your Wii Friend code and I'll add you. 
BWii: 429 612 278 949
MOH:H2 EA Nation username: Kenology
Endless Ocean: 1667-3301-0310
SSBB: 2964-8266-3925 - profile name = Ken

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2008, 12:13:59 AM »
Is it a cheapie port?  Those are great!  30 bucks is just a small enough sum of cash for me to not get TOO frazzled about losing it.
able.