Author Topic: Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch/Wii U)  (Read 366825 times)

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch/Wii U) Out now!
« Reply #900 on: May 18, 2017, 10:29:38 AM »
... Also after 190+ hours I run into a freaking BEAR? We had this little "The Revenant" moment. There are still moments to be had in this game it would seem.

Regarding bears, wait until the first time you mount and tame a bear, accidentally, and then proudly ride it around Hyrule.  This game does not lack in moments.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: May 18, 2017, 12:14:56 PM »
Have you guys even played a Xenoblade title...?

Haven't played the first XC despite owning the Wii and 3DS versions. Have played XCX but stopped in Chapter 4. I was starting to read through the manual online to try and learn more of the mechanics and get a better understanding of the game and then started playing other stuff and haven't gotten back to it despite always wanting to. I never even got a SKELL yet.  :'(

That said, the most I've put into a game might be Animal Crossing New Leaf. I was over 500 hours with that and probably higher. Of course, if I had a way to add up all the games of Civilization 3 over the years that might still be the highest time spent with a game.

As I mentioned before in this thread, it's a lot easier to rack up time in BotW because it's a bit simpler than XC. The battle system has some advanced moves but you don't need to really learn them to succeed and it's just on you to explore what you want and you can beat Ganon whenever you feel up to it and end the game as it were. I just like the simplicity making it very easy to jump back in after a break and still know what I'm doing and have done and need to do.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: May 21, 2017, 01:14:37 AM »
I did it.

Full Map of Hyrule.
All Memories.
120 Shrines.
4 Divine Beasts.
92 Korok Seeds(ha!)
Tarrey Town united.
Calamity Ganon defeated.

Final thoughts on the endgame: I didn't know what to expect coming into the last fight with Calamity Ganon. Most people on Twitter thought it was a bit underwhelming, and when the cutscene for the Divine Beasts played out I thought it was either going to take Ganon down to something like 50% health or defeat him entirely. The former played out and after that the battle played out well. I do have to say it is a bit underwhelming overall. I came in a bit unprepared. I had no cooked food (but plenty of raw meat and fruit) and I didn't have much in terms of weapons, arrows or armor. I got knocked around a few times but it was mostly because I was rushing to the Sactum and didn't really care about the Guardians or really wasn't looking to parry or avoid the punishment Ganon was hitting me. I had enough heart containers that I could stand taking 1 or 2 hits before needing to eat 30 apples to get my health back.

The fight felt great as a bookend to the entire experience. The variety in shrines and dungeon design made the experience worth it, although I am someone who probably wants more dungeons. Being given a vast open world in the Zelda franchise was fun, but I think at the point I am with gaming I need a little bit more structure. At least more than 4 main dungeons.

Hyrule Castle design was fantastic. The "true" ending was actually a lot better than what I expected out of the paper-thin narrative the game had set up. It made getting the memories worth it.

I don't know where this fits in with the other Zelda games. The ending is too fresh in my mind to really start to compare it with other games in the series. That might be a question for another day.

29.36 Completion %. That's some Kojima MGS **** right there.

Also, I spent the entire game not using horses so of course the final battle uses one pretty liberally. The capture of my gameplay was fun with me fumbling around my shitty spotted 2 gallop horse while getting knocked around by Dark Ganon.

I love this game. Now on to Horizon Zero Dawn. No pressure Guerrilla Games.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: May 21, 2017, 06:41:05 AM »
I think it's the fact that healing is so imbalanced in the game that it trivializes any major fights you have past 30 or so Shrines. You shouldn't be able to eat 30 apples in mid-air before returning to the fight. I understand Nintendo's intentions to not demand that players learn to cook, but I honestly think that inventory limitations and only cooked foods being able to heal the player would have gone a long way towards improving the balance.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #904 on: May 21, 2017, 10:05:34 AM »
True. I guess it felt odd because I am of the mind that you prepare for the final boss battle. There's a whole ritual I've been doing since Link to the Past of stocking up on potions and equipment and that has been with me throughout all the mainline console Zelda games. This time I just felt like "eh, let's give it a shot". And I wasn't totally unprepared (Mipha's Grace and 3 fairies meant I could survive up to 4 killing blows) but I felt like I couldn't linger in a specific spot. I couldn't go take down many Guardians because my arrows were low across all types. I nearly panicked when the the first gatehouse locked up and I was stuck with a Lynel. I was sure not survive it so I climbed out like a coward

I think part of me was just ready to move on to other games. I definitely want to explore Hyrule Castle more in depth because I loved what I saw from it. Also I never got to the Hylian Shield, so there's that.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #905 on: May 21, 2017, 10:14:21 AM »
The first thing I did upon returning to the game was turn off Mipha's grace.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: May 22, 2017, 04:25:20 PM »
I've played some pretty big RPGs before so I'm not so sure this is the most time I have for a strictly single-player game, if we're not counting replaying a game. It would probably be approaching it, though.

92 Korok Seeds(ha!)
Why so few? Hated collecting them? Didn't care about inventory slots?

Took on my first Lynel the other day, a blue one as I believe those are the weakest.
Red is the weakest, then blue. Though I don't know if blue is much of a step up from red.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: May 25, 2017, 01:56:01 PM »
Over 240 hours in and I am on a Korok Quest. I still have 2 memories to go as well as 13 more shrines and I am still completely engrossed. I keep thinking to myself just turn on the beacon for Shrines but if I'm looking for Korok's I'll stumble upon the Shrines eventually and thats exactly whats been happening. They are so rare now that when I do find one I'm like woah!

I've got about 450ish Korok Seeds found. Just a little over halfway there! I absolutely adore just exploring and getting lost. I feel like I do in real life when I'm on a nature hike. I just like to see whats over that hill, whats under this rock, or whats at the top of that mountain. This game lets me be me in real life, but to the extreme!

Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #908 on: May 25, 2017, 02:26:55 PM »
92 Korok Seeds(ha!)
Why so few? Hated collecting them? Didn't care about inventory slots?

Eh, never really was my focus. Once I felt like I had enough inventory slots I just stopped actively looking for them.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: May 25, 2017, 11:29:24 PM »
145+ hours later, Ganon is dead.

It was a ride like nothing else. The Castle was awesome, and the final battle was enjoyable.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: May 26, 2017, 10:56:57 PM »
Checked my current playtime before shutting down my Wii U last night. 198:36 over 36 times loaded/played.

Currently at:

74 Shrines
410 Korok Seeds
2 Divine Beasts defeated

Almost at the halfway mark of Korok seeds. I just need 2 more shield inventory slots and then I'll have maxed all my weapon inventory slots.

Awhile back, I posted a map of my progress in searching for Korok seeds and covering the land of Hyrule. Here's an update on how that is going. Warning: Potential spoilers on location for things but considering that most people are finishing the game and I seem to be further behind, I doubt I have huge spoilers at this point.

http://i.imgur.com/VbMRpdS.jpg

The red areas indicate places I feel I have thoroughly searched through. The yellow area is one that I had marked as red on my previous map but it was a mistake. Don't know what I was thinking when I colored it in as red. It's been searched now since that first map but just wanted to be fully honest about it because I know the trust you all have in me and readily believe everything I post. The pink areas are spots I covered early on in my first few days and week playing the game but have since come up with better Korok search methods and understanding of where to look for them so I'm thinking I may have to retrace those areas like I did the Great Plateau. I've already found one Korok I missed in Hateno Village after my Great Plateau double check.

When I look at the map, it does seem like I've searched about half of Hyrule at this point. There's a chunk of the top cut off because the whole map can't fit on one Miiverse screenshot. So, I'm feeling good about my Korok count. It seems to be close to the area covered. That said, I still have this fear that I'm going to have searched the whole map and end up with something like 892 or 893. Or even worse 899. Then I'll be wondering what I missed and where. The scariest type of Korok I've found is the one that only appears when you climb up to a certain spot. Potential Korok spoilers ahead. It's something I really noticed when I was searching and conquering all of Hyrule Castle. Basically, you almost had to climb every tall spire to see if the mysterious ball of swirling green leaves and glitter would appear. You couldn't zoom in on any of them to see if a Korok was there. Only be actually reaching the top would you find out if one was there or not when it suddenly appeared. Later on, in paranoia of missing one, I would climb trees even if there was no rock in them or little acorn thing to shoot just in case the mystery ball would suddenly appear. And sure enough, sometimes they did appear. As much as we sometimes say the game wants us to search under every rock, it almost seems to want us to climb every tree as well. Now, it just seems that this only happens with a single tree all alone by itself in an area or a tree at the top of a height of some sort so it is still a landmark sort of feature but the fear is still there that by not climbing everything I might miss one. It's just like some of the rocks on the side of a mountain. The searching up and down of vertical heights also adds to my Korok paranoia to make sure I don't miss one a tiny ledge because I was at a lower height or didn't look down from a higher height.

At the moment, I've been exploring the Faron region to connect the two large areas I've explored in Gerudo land with those of the Necluda/Lanayru/Zora's Domain region. There's just a small chunk left from the roadway to Dueling Peaks from the Great Plateau straight south that I want to finish exploring to connect that all up. Once that is done, my plan is to then double check my work on Tuft Mountain between Lurelin Village and Faron jungle. Another double check on Eventide and that will take care of much of the southern part of Hyrule. I'll just work my way on the eastern edge of what I haven't explored from the south on up to the north in Akkala. Really curious to see what the Tingle Islands might be like.

Exploring the Faron region though has shown me that I've kind of gone about it the wrong way. After reaching Hateno village and then Eventide Island in my first few days playing, I then went East to West to find towers to fill my map in. This took me to Lurelin Village and then into the Faron jungle where I saw my first dragon and then eventually to Lake Hylia. Yet, I notice with the NPC's I meet, their dialogue gives the impression that the game seems to expect you to head West to East from the road on Lake Hylia to Lurelin village as the true way to experience the region. I also ran into Kass and he played me a song for a shrine. However, after he was done singing, he said I had already found it and it was like I could see the future. The quest was for the Shrine of Courage which I had gleaned from another NPC awhile ago was most likely in the Faron region based on the dragon's home there. Thus, I just searched around on my own and came across it because it was an interesting looking area on the map. It was neat and disappointing at the same time. I've got no Shrine quests currently open so I was excited to look for something new and disappointed it didn't happen but glad that the game still let me encounter Kass and learn about the quest in the first place.

Even my side quests are pretty much depleted. I've got 3 open ones and two are mainly because I haven't gone into the Eldin/Goron City region yet. At this point, pretty sure that I need to go to Goron city to advance the TarreyTown sidequest since every other town I've now met people with "son" at the end of their name all looking for and wishing to find something to fulfill their potential. Most likely the Gorons I need to advance this sidequest are there also. I'll get there and get it down eventually.

I did manage to finish off the Weapon Connoisseur side quest though. I had been stuck waiting to find a frostspear. As mentioned before in a previous update post, I bought all the pictures I could to fill in my compendium (and was disappointed to find out I'd be stuck with some of the crappy pictures I took in comparison to the game's pristine pics I could have had). I decided to look for the Frostspear in the weapons portion to see what it looked like and where it could be found. It listed Hebra mountains/region as a local which annoyed me because I didn't want to go there yet to keep some areas of Hyrule still fresh. However, it also listed Hyrule Field as another location. Since you can select anything in your compendium to your sensor, I decided to change it from shrines to seeking a Frostspear since I went by Hyrule Field on occasion and I seemed to find and come across any shrine just fine in my thorough search of the land.

Despite that change, I hadn't encountered any signal for it in my last 3 or so play sessions. I remembered Evan_B mentioning how it could be in a shrine and I may have already acquired it at some point and lost it. Thus, last night, I took a look at some of the shrines I beat and went to a couple that didn't have a chest next to their name indicating a treasure was still there to be found in the shrine. I don't know how I missed some of those chests the first time but after 3 tries no such luck. At this point, it was night time in the game and there was an area I had encountered in Faron with Stalnox bones so I hurried off to that spot to fight it. As I was gliding to the area, my sensor suddenly went off which surprised me since I hadn't heard that beep in some time having turned it off from shrine searching. As it got more frequent as I got closer to the Stalnox, I immediately realized it must be that the Frostspear is one of the weapons this Stalnox must have embedded in it. Sure enough, after the battle, I finally had that needed Frostspear. I met up with the kid, got 300 rupees and then he requested an Ancient Sword which I gathered came from the Akkala Tech Lab based on the picture and compendium. Off to the Tech Lab to buy it for 1,000 rupees. Went back to see the kid and show him. That got me a diamond (worth 500) and the end of the side quest. So, the darn kid put me out 200 rupees in the end. I was surprised I was so close to the end of that sidequest. I thought he might want to see some Lynel gear and other stuff before the end. Here I was saving it for nothing. Now I can go back to using my weapons willy-nilly and not have to worry about possibly needing to save one to show that kid.

I also ended the Mei side quest. I went back to Lake Hylia because I was bugged about how there was a section of the lake where I hadn't found a single Korok and it just felt weird to me. Sure enough, I found a Korok (further adding to my paranoia that I'll still have missed a few in the end despite my best efforts). Then I just did a double check on treasure chests (and found another one I either missed or didn't have room for the first time I was there). However, I also suddenly came upon Mei which absolutely stunned me because she was pretty much close to the very first place I checked when I first started this side quest. After all, Fronk says she could have ended up in Lake Hylia with it being in red letters so I figured this was the spot to just go to. I don't know I didn't see her or missed her before. Does her position change on the time of day? Did I get my timeline of when I did first search this area and learn about the Mei sidequest mixed up? And then I found a second Korok seed I missed in the Lake Hylia region but wanted to double check based on how I read my map for potential Korok locations now so this game is really making me question my sanity.

With the dearth of ongoing sidequests and shrine quests, I decided to take a break from all this exploring to get on with my main quest and went to the Rito Village to finally meet up with the Rito and get new sidequests, a new ability and take down another Divine Beast for a break. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of sidequests. I've already got two solved and just have one other one open. Maybe more will come when I conquer Vah Medoh or whatever it is called.

One final other thing that just occurred to me. I've typed this much so why stop now? I've encountered a few horse minigames which I though was neat because there haven't been that many minigames I've encountered in this game. I know there was a pointless one in Lurelin village of choosing treasure chests but otherwise when I think of a game I think more of some of the Korok challenges like shooting moving targets or racing to get to a spot before time runs out. Yet, since I haven't used a horse much this game, I found the minigames soon wore out their welcome. The first had me jumping over 10 gates within a certain period of time over a course to win some saddle gear. That was frustrating. Took me 25 - 30 tries to get that one done. There were a couple times I could have beat it earlier but choked and made a dumb mistake at the last gate or racing back to the start so that my time was over the requirement. The other game was an archery game. You have to ride your horse out along a path and shoot at 20 balloons in a certain amount of time. I don't know what the prize is because I haven't completed it yet. I've done about 6 tries and the best I may have got to was 8 balloons. It turns out I'm terrible at archery while riding a horse. But the unforgiveable part of this minigame is that you don't have unlimited arrows. The arrows come out of your own stock. So, you could potentially use up all your arrows in this game and have nothing left at the end. It's hard enough without depleting your own stock. Can't say I like that decision. Went from probably 240 down to 160 and decided I'd better walk away. Guess I'll have to save up and hoard on arrows and try it again another time. So much for the fun of finding minigames.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: May 27, 2017, 03:56:16 AM »
Make that 3 Divine Beasts conquered and 423 Korok seeds found.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: May 28, 2017, 02:19:19 AM »
Searching for all the seeds seems like madness.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: May 28, 2017, 03:50:39 AM »
That Horse Archery minigame is no picnic either.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #914 on: May 28, 2017, 10:32:31 AM »
I find that there's a number of options available that can make archery on horseback easier. While vaulting is the ideal solution, there are a few bows with the long range and spread shot options. While long range might be a bit jarring for some, it allows for highly precise shots, and the spread shot bows are great because they only use one arrow per draw, even though they fire two, three, or five shots.

They're my go-to weapon for killing rare and luminous Talus.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: May 28, 2017, 03:08:21 PM »
I had trouble with the horse archery game as well, but I think I also had a bad horse for it. I forgot to go back to it after getting better bows and horses. Is the prize anything else than rupees?

I felt the same way as I was going for them, so I left it at a little over half for my sanity. If I get the DLC then I may go back for them.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: May 28, 2017, 03:11:18 PM »
I had trouble with the horse archery game as well, but I think I also had a bad horse for it. I forgot to go back to it after getting better bows and horses. Is the prize anything else than rupees?

I haven't done it, but I think you get Horse saddle/bridle set

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: May 28, 2017, 03:18:29 PM »

Madness? THIS. IS. ZELDAAAAAAAAAA! (People still doin' this?)

I find that there's a number of options available that can make archery on horseback easier. While vaulting is the ideal solution, there are a few bows with the long range and spread shot options. While long range might be a bit jarring for some, it allows for highly precise shots, and the spread shot bows are great because they only use one arrow per draw, even though they fire two, three, or five shots.

They're my go-to weapon for killing rare and luminous Talus.

The problem with the Archery Minigame is that you can't get off your horse. I haven't tried practicing launching off and getting back on it but I know I don't have the skills for it right now. I've found the longshot helped a bit but then my bow broke. I went to a Savage Lynel bow in the hopes the spread might help but if you aren't getting the distance right then the extra arrows will still overshoot or fall short of the goal. I'm contemplating a stop/start plan in which I race the horse to a spot then stop and twist around to get the targets I can with a long range bow then race off to another spot and repeat. However, I want to fill up my arrow count and get another bow before doing it so that minigame is on hold for now.

I felt the same way as I was going for them, so I left it at a little over half for my sanity. If I get the DLC then I may go back for them.

I have no idea what the prize is for the archery game. I thought it might just be more horse gear. If it is just rupees then by the time I get good at it the prize probably won't cover the costs put into it.

Yeah, maybe there is a bit of madness to searching for all the Korok seeds but it really helps give me a purpose to thoroughly search and wander around Hyrule. At the same time, I'll stop and take on a shrine as I discover one or a miniboss Talus/Hinox. I get to find all manner of treasure chests and neat little secret locations and fill in my map names. I take on villain nests/camps and claim their treasures. I've become the conquerer of Hyrule now that I'm pretty superpowered with gear and armor. All enemies fall before me. I'm a force of nature that cannot be contained in the land as I expose the Deku Tree and his Korok cartel.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: June 30, 2017, 10:18:02 AM »
The DLC is sucking me back in! It's amazing how many acres I missed in the first 145 hours. I got Midna's helmet!

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: June 30, 2017, 01:29:01 PM »
I put the game down for like 2 months, and have easily put another 20 hours in it the last 3 times I played. It's so good...just wanted to play Mario Kart for a while. And now the DLC.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: June 30, 2017, 06:36:44 PM »
I'm not planning on getting the DLC right now. Waiting on the content of the 2nd pack and most likely I may buy this game again for Switch and get the DLC then to have it on that system instead of Wii U as I've mentioned in the past.

I have been trying to play through the game a bit to finish it up and my quest to fully explore this world of Hyrule. Here's my latest map progress for those interested in what I've been up to: http://i.imgur.com/Oa12jz9.jpg

The red area I've fully explored and believe I've found all Shrines, minibosses, Korok seeds, whatnot. The green represent areas I'm about to explore or finish up. Right now I'm at what I call the Tingle Islands in the Akkala region. I've wanted to check them out since seeing their name on the map. So far, they're not as interesting as I'd hyped in my mind. They're basically tall skyscrapers with a little bit to explore on the top of each one. After I finish up there, I'm going over to Hyrule Castle to finish up exploring some stuff around and then to face Ganon.

I've decided I want to just beat him already and see what happens when I do it without finishing all Divine Beasts first. Later, after I've finished everything else in the game, I'll play him again then and see what changes. Plus, beating him now should allow me to finish getting all the pictures for my compendium so that I can wrap that up. After beating him, my plan is to get the map for Death Mountain and visit Goron City finally to see what it looks like and see if I can't get the Tarrey Town side quest going and wrapped up. Aside from the visit to Goron for the Tarrey quest and any clothes it may have, I'm going to leave the area basically unexplored.

Instead, I'm going to the 2 on the map in purple to explore Satori mountain. With that area explored, I'm then going to the Tabintha region and am going to work clockwise along the edge into the Hebra region on past the surrounding Hyrule Forest back to Goron City and then the north Akkala region in my Korok seed and exploration quest. Then it will just be mostly the center of the map I'll have left to finish with as I storm Hyrule Castle to take on Ganon a second time. Hours and hours of gaming still remain for me and hopefully more fun surprises.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: July 03, 2017, 11:53:38 PM »
I have not completed a Zelda title 100% since Link's Awakening. I just never felt compelled enough to play after beating the final boss. With Botw that has finally changed and I have all Side/Shrine/Story quests done, 120 Shrines, and 900 Korok seeds... I've got over 335 hours logged in and that's even with 2 young kids and my own small business. I can't believe I put that much time in a single player game.

Now with all that said I am at 99.75% so someone please tell me what is it that I need to find for that full 100% ?
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: July 04, 2017, 01:51:14 AM »
Did you upgrade all your outfits to the max? Did you get the DLC?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: July 04, 2017, 03:18:10 AM »
Congrats on the achievement. That is quite impressive. According to the IGN wiki: "the percentage only applies to what is seen on the Sheikah Slate's Map". DLC has no factor.

The only thing that counts to the 100% completion are Divine Beasts clear (because their icons warp points will then show the map), Korok seeds (because their locations will then show up when zoomed in), Shrine Discovery (their warp points show up on the map) and Location Discovery (the name of a place on the map).

Most likely it is the Location Discovery that is holding you back. When you fill in your map from a Tower, you will see names of places on the map. However, there are still other names that will be filled in but only once you visit them. For example, a lot of bridges in Central Hyrule don't appear until you visit or cross them. Fairy Fountains don't appear until you visit/unlock them. It's unclear how many location discoveries there are to make in the game but the math seems to point to about 226. I'd have thought that discovering all the Korok seeds would have lead to you discovering all the places on your map but maybe you didn't stand in the right spot or trigger the location name to come up. You'll probably have to compare your map to one online to figure out which places you need to get added to the map.

Main Quests/Side Quests/Shrines Quests don't count to the 100% nor does finding all the memories, the Compendium, Armor and upgrades, horse gear, Medals of Honor and oddly, Shrine Towers. The last one doesn't make sense considering it appears on the map but that's what the guide says.

Considering you are at 99.75% and everything you can add to your map counts at about .08% or sometimes .09%, that would suggest that you have 3 locations you just need to find. I'm not really sure how best to guide you to find those last locations but hopefully that gets you pointed in the right direction. I'd also suggest Hyrule Castle as a starting point. I'm not sure how you may have handled that area but I was surprised after the time I thoroughly explored all these place names that now showed up on my map when zooming in on it. There are 2 places that you may have avoided which are something like Gatehouse One and Gatehouse Two because entering those meant fighting a Lynel and perhaps you tried to avoid that? Anyways, that should hopefully lead to your lofty 100% finish.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: July 04, 2017, 03:38:30 AM »
For myself, I am at a 70.05% currently with 598 Korok Seeds, 84 shrines complete (with 11 on the map still to beat) and 3 Divine Beasts down. Once I fill in the map for the Hebra region (thus adding all towers to my map), I expect that percentage will jump close to 5% considering that's what happened when I added the Eldin region to my map today.

I've followed through on my plan outlined earlier. I've beat Ganon and then gone to Goron City. I could have probably gone right on to the Divine Beast I got caught up in exploring Death Mountain and progressing that quest. I was also trying to find the needed Goron for the Tarrey Town sidequest which is why I started exploring more when I couldn't find him. Of course, it was my desire not to go along the shown path of the game that led me to miss him for so long. Only by going along the main route on my way down the mountain did I finally find him.

Advanced the Tarrey Town sidequest until I got to the point where I needed 30 bundles of wood so now it is stalled until I slowly acquire that. Went off to the Satori mountain to start searching that area thoroughly as I now make way from there along the west edge of the map to the Tabintha region and on to Hebra. I'm beginning to see the end of the game coming for me now too considering how much of the map I've been through now and what's left to still see. That said, it's still going to take a lot of time.

I've got about 8 Shrine Quests to go, 6 Side Quests to go. I got the Molduga Medal from Kilton and have 12 Stone Talus still to take down and I think 16 Hinox. I went and bought the last pictures needed to complete my Compendium after defeating Ganon as well so that is done. Most of my armor is upgraded to the max although I'd love to get 10 bloody ancient cores so that I can max out a couple pieces of my Ancient set. That is the only thing holding me back there. I've beat up so many Guardians over time but they just don't want to give me those cores. I need 1 Lynel Gut to complete my Armor set although I know I'll need more Guts for whenever I found the other two pieces of the Barbarian set I don't have. I need some butterflies for the Fireproof set I just acquired in Goron City. Still need to find the missing piece of my Rubber set as well and I know there is a set for when all the Shrines are completed so we'll see what is required there when those are obtained. Still, the quest goes on as I finish some of these last loose ends.

Also, it seems like every Lynel I encounter now is a Silver Lynel. I still fight them every time I come across them now but I really dislike the Silver enemies. They aren't tougher. They just take longer to finish off and maybe cost me a weapon in the process. Might as well just stay normal colored so it can be a quick demise.