Author Topic: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff  (Read 934182 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff
« Reply #2000 on: November 27, 2014, 01:10:38 AM »
I have to agree with him though.
Some weapon you didn't even know about is locked behind a figure you don't want.  You're no worse off by not buying the figure than you were the day before you found out about the weapon.

Be an adult and realize that not everyone caters to your every whim.  If enough customers reject the amiibo model, Nintendo will change or die.  Don't be an entitled jerk.

*didn't buy Hyrule Warriors due to the DLC model.
I'd be much more likely to take that argument seriously if it weren't coming from the guy who's probably on ebay bidding on 18 dual cannon Samus misprints.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff
« Reply #2001 on: November 27, 2014, 08:33:31 AM »
Sure - I buy amiibo.  But I didn't buy Hyrule Warriors - the first Zelda game I haven't purchased and the first Zelda game I haven't bought at launch since Majora's Mask.  I think that's pretty telling.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: November 27, 2014, 10:35:47 AM »
TJ Spyke is not going to be unbanned out of sheer curiosity, even if it were just to see if he came back and then when he does immediately ban him again.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: November 27, 2014, 01:08:50 PM »
That would be cruel. I'm all for giving people second, third, and fourth chances. Though if someone is perma banned I think them starting a new account and "turning a new leaf" is acceptable. Gives them a chance to start a new identity and prove they have changed. So long as they don't dive back into their negative ways.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: November 27, 2014, 01:45:33 PM »
He had second, third, and fourth chances, and well beyond that. It's not like we banned him for nothing, it took many repeated violations to get to that point.

J.P. Corbran

« Reply #2005 on: November 27, 2014, 02:51:30 PM »
That would be cruel. I'm all for giving people second, third, and fourth chances. Though if someone is perma banned I think them starting a new account and "turning a new leaf" is acceptable. Gives them a chance to start a new identity and prove they have changed. So long as they don't dive back into their negative ways.

I kind of agree with this sentiment myself. To be fair, my first return to the forums was not under an alt name it was a glitch in the system when they shifted from PGC to NWR. I had already been back under a new name for over a year at that point though. I met this TJ Spyke once in the copyright thread or a thread that had nothing to do with copyright but was derailed either way that was my only experience with him, that I know of.

My second return to the forums I was invited back by a former member who created an alt account just for me and gave me the log in credentials in a PM on Myspace, person was banned themselves shortly after so I reverted to my old ways out of protest.

If you read the depression thread, you will see why I had my meltdown the last time which was the end of my old ways. Now I am more stable and generally much happier with my life.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2006 on: November 28, 2014, 12:28:44 AM »
I dunno.  I think some people bullied Spyke, even if he was kind of an ass at first and subsequently acted poorly.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ObbyDent

• Too reasonable for this forum
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: November 28, 2014, 12:56:44 AM »
I dunno.  I think some people bullied Spyke, even if he was kind of an ass at first and subsequently acted poorly.

Oh, yeah, I fully agree with this. Some people like ohhhboy definitely have attacked him on various occasions without being blamed for it. That's personally why I think he does deserve another chance sometime in the future, even if it just him making another account and we letting him do that without complaining or reference to his old account.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: November 28, 2014, 01:10:27 AM »
Let's be real.  If TJSpyke came back under a different name and was less... you know...

No one here would really know/care.  It's not like we generally go around pruning the member list, looking for folks to ban.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: November 28, 2014, 02:04:40 AM »
He didn't need any help. He made plenty of rope to hang himself with. Anything I did or perceived to have done to him paled to his own insanity on the road to suicide by mod.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline ObbyDent

• Too reasonable for this forum
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2010 on: November 28, 2014, 02:30:46 AM »
He didn't need any help. He made plenty of rope to hang himself with. Anything I did or perceived to have done to him paled to his own insanity on the road to suicide by mod.

I distinctly remember many a situation where if you hadn't opened your mouth with some snide comment he wouldn't have done his typical freak out. Sure, he needs a bigger skin (kettle = black) but you know what he is like. There's no reason to continue it.

Regardless, I can't believe how we are still talking about him and he's been gone for like a year at this point. He must be loving that.

« Reply #2011 on: November 28, 2014, 11:54:00 AM »
I know you guys forgot about me days after my first ban. well maybe it was a couple of weeks I don't remember. It didn't help that there was a user whose name was therat and people confused us because of that.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2012 on: November 28, 2014, 12:49:38 PM »
I'm sorry, who are you again?

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: November 28, 2014, 01:31:02 PM »
I know you guys forgot about me days after my first ban. well maybe it was a couple of weeks I don't remember. It didn't help that there was a user whose name was therat and people confused us because of that.

I don't even talk about you when you're here. Ha ha ha! Zing!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: November 28, 2014, 01:43:28 PM »
I'm sorry, who are you again?

I'm curious as well. Who gave you a new login and got banned? Mario?

My Game Collection

« Reply #2015 on: November 29, 2014, 12:17:46 AM »
You mean the first time, I think it was Wondering but I could be wrong, Mario hated me as much as Hostile Creation and Vudu, those guys formed some anti-rat posse back in the day. Oh and a certain someone whose name I will not speak. He was the only one whose hatred of me paled compared to my hatred of him.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 12:20:01 AM by marvel_moviefan_2012 »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: November 29, 2014, 12:39:28 AM »
You know, I think some folks "picked" on you, but I never got the impression it was meant to be mean.  At least, no more mean than most of the joking around here.  I really never got the impression there was some kind of anti-rat pack (come on man, "posse"?) out to get you.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: November 29, 2014, 12:55:57 PM »
I don't get why people would hold such a grudge against an 'anonymous' person on a niche forum dedicated to the enjoyment of a niche hobby. Life is too short to hold a grudge like that. I also never understood the people who made posts about leaving to make a statement on forum "politics".

I just want as many of us as possible to have fun and enjoy discussing our thoughts together.
My Game Collection

« Reply #2018 on: November 29, 2014, 09:17:40 PM »
Hmm since this is all off-topic BS anyways maybe we can talk about how awesome Super NES was, its like the only thing damn near everyone ever truly agrees on.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 09:20:25 PM by marvel_moviefan_2012 »

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: November 29, 2014, 10:37:29 PM »
The Super NES sucks!

J.P. Corbran

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2020 on: November 29, 2014, 10:50:52 PM »
You've become what you despise, Corbran.

You are the L.A. Galaxy.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: November 29, 2014, 11:40:45 PM »
I guess right now that may be true, but most of the time I despise the Timbers a lot more than the Galaxy, and the Penguins and Steelers even more.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: November 29, 2014, 11:46:42 PM »
You mean the first time, I think it was Wondering but I could be wrong, Mario hated me as much as Hostile Creation and Vudu, those guys formed some anti-rat posse back in the day. Oh and a certain someone whose name I will not speak. He was the only one whose hatred of me paled compared to my hatred of him.

Infernal Monkey? I miss that guy.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2023 on: November 30, 2014, 01:56:01 AM »
Wait, wait, wait. The Rat is back?

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: November 30, 2014, 02:32:49 AM »
I despise the Penguins and Steelers even more.

Ha ha ha. No wonder we get along so well.  :rolleyes:

The Hurricanes could pass the Flyers in a game or two which will be awesome. Didn't happen today since the Penguins beat the Hurricanes but that's what happens when you play the Division leaders and one of the top teams in the league.

As for the Steelers, they are somehow tied with the Browns but facing the Bengals twice could get them the division lead. Plus, with a few other weak opponents in the final weeks, there is a good chance that the Steelers will end up division leaders and head off to the playoffs thereby denying the Browns. We can only hope.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.