Author Topic: New GameCube demo disc, in stores NOW! (free to try, NO YOU CAN NOT BUY)  (Read 2176 times)

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
*GASPU*
I hurled myself into EB today, and , they've got a brand new GameCube thingy set up in there. Fancy 'GameCube' TV, with a Mario Golf cardboard thing on top. A Final Fantasy trailer was playing away. It ends and zoooom, it's a demo disc featuring playable demos of Mario Golf, 1080 and for some demented reason, Metroid Prime. I've forgotten what all the videos were, one was FF:CC.. and um. Yeah.

The idiots didn't have a controller plugged into the GC, though. THAT'S GRAND.  

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
    • View Profile
Horay for new demo disc and signage!  Unfortunately it is up to the Nintendo reps to plug in controllers and change the discs, so its all Nintendo's fault in the end anyway!
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
Hmm, usually its the staffers who set up the systems in EB because I recall playing a round of Mario Golf with one of the staff at my local EB a while ago (side note -  I found a N64 demo system in a bank today - very nearly missed my bus to play it ) so yeah, someone dropped the ball in the idiot sequence (or is it picked up?)

Another grand highlight for the bumbling fools of NAL!
NOW ZOIDBERG IS THE POPULAR ONE! WOOP WOOP WOOP!  

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Leave to NAL or the store staff to stuff it up.

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
let's blame NAL anyway
OUT OF DATE.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
Even if there Is a new demo disc, no one lets you play it!
Kmart has all but taken away their GC pods; Big W and Target's GC pods are never on; and EB only has the disc showing on the TV hangin on the roof.
So while it's great to see a new demo disc, no one will be able to play it.
Good work NAL  
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
huh...well the same can be said here...gcn is only ever playable at target
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
that's the joy in it, you want to play it, but can't.  There is something funny about that.  Like wanting a rootbeer float on monday, but waiting until later in the week, because it will taste better.  So you can't play the demo, because if you played the demo game now, you wouldn't enjoy the whole game in three years when it comes out.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
Did i ever tell you guys about the tiem I met some kid who looked about 8 playing the metroid prime demo? He was pretty darm good at it and i said "hey mate have you played this before?" And he's like "yeah this is my 17th time" (or some other number)
So i go "well, I OWN it! you should get it it's really good"
"I dont have a gamecube"
"Ask for it for your birthday"
"Yeah i want one"
"Hey i didn't know you could use the ice beam in the demo!"
"Do you really own this game?"
"Yeah! It's erm, really good!"
about then his tiem ran out so i played Zelda.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.