Author Topic: Bleach on Wii  (Read 2274 times)

Offline theRPGFreak

• OVERLORD
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Bleach on Wii
« on: June 06, 2006, 08:25:00 PM »
"I can't read...im not a loser."~Master Shake

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Bleach on Wii
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 08:32:55 PM »
Sega has no ability to handle that series. If they don't let treasure do it there's no chance of anything good coming from it. Sega also needs to remember that Bleach has lots of something that starts with B and the lack of which was the beginning of Nintendo's fall in the SNES generation.

Let's see how they implement the sword fighting... I don't have high hopes for anything from Sega. Probably "gesture + button = attack".

Offline 31 Flavas

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 09:05:47 PM »
What is wrong with "gesture + button = attack"? You want something like the Konami code for attacks? Sure, I really liked Street Fighter / Mortal Kombat back in the day. But I'd at least like to give the Wii-mote a chance before dismissing it for Fighting games.
"Once 6 A.M roles around on Friday it's like a human tsunami and everything will be taken within minutes." -- Luigi Dude

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 05:49:34 AM »
No, I want more direct sword control, not just fighting game controls disguised as gestures.

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 07:34:44 AM »
as a japan only, they will continue to be budget games
only way i can see bleach stong is if they licence a engine

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 09:27:58 AM »
Well the anime has been licensed and will air in America in the future so if it becomes popular here as well then maybe Sega will put alittle more money into the Bleach games.

The one for the Gamecube was just an average fighter, but it could have been so much better if they had just worked out the fighting engine more.  With a bigger budget I'm sure they actually could make a good solid fighting game.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 10:28:01 AM »
DeadlyD: What the hell are you trying to say? Budget games? Licensing an engine? WTF?

Luigi Dude: Well, Treasure made a solid fighter with Bleach DS. They've even included online multiplayer. Treasure knows how to handle that, Sega doesn't.

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Bleach on Wii
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 04:11:25 AM »
KDR_11k iv played bleach for gamecube and ds, they are BUDGET games with bad engines, and the reviews of the psp ones iv seen online seem bad
whatelse am I saying?  

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 09:52:39 AM »
You played Bleach DS and call it a budget game? WTF? What's budget about it other than it appearing on the DS? The GC version was a mediocre license cash-in (wouldn't really call it budget, just mediocre. Budget implies that the company sold it at a low price and didn't expect it to sell, Bleach GC clearly wasn't made with a small budget and had several promotions related to it so Sega did expect it to sell) but the DS game is pure Treasure fighting glory. Edge gave it an 8/10 if you don't trust my judgement.