Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Brawl  (Read 22738 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
RE:Super Smash Bros. Brawl
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2006, 10:09:34 PM »
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2006, 10:14:03 PM »
Really though Snake should only be the start of the floodgates. You can just have one sole 3rd party character. Need 20 more now. Sonic, Lara Croft, Sam Fisher, Mega Man, Jill Valentine, Crash, Spyro etc. all need to be in there now.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2006, 10:22:12 PM »

Really though Snake should only be the start of the floodgates. You can just have one sole 3rd party character. Need 20 more now. Sonic, Lara Croft, Sam Fisher, Mega Man, Jill Valentine, Crash, Spyro etc. all need to be in there now.

Yes indeedy...this should be like the videogame equivalent of 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit?'
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline denjet78

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2006, 10:25:29 PM »
This is really... umm... interesting.

Could this be the beginning of a thaw between Konami and Nintendo? I'm not a fan of the series myself but an exclusive Metal Gear Wii would take a lot of wind out of Sony's sails, even if it's just a spin-off. A new Castlevania would be great too. Think of controlling Simon's whip with the Wii remote.

Of course we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves but I think this announcement shows some signs of doors that used to be closed finally openning again.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2006, 10:25:53 PM »
Man, I was at IGN and I see this little icon that says Smash Bros. I click it on it and takes me to a pic of Mario and Snake and I think to myself, this can't be it but to my surprise it is. I wonder if this has to do with the fact that the first Metal Gear Solid appeared on the NES. But if its true Hideo Kojima himself practically "begged" to include Snake in the last Smash Bros. game, I wonder if Nintendo made some type of deal to do this that involves more support from Kojima.

Now Wario was pretty much a lock considering he has plenty of unique moves and adventures of his own. He definitely deserved to be included.

Pit, I also expected because he's been mentioned about so much lately. Nintendo Power mentioned him as someone they'd like to see in the next game and recently ran a flashback on the game Kid Icarus. But, I expected him to be a real hidden character like Mr. Game and Watch and really surprise us.

Meta-Knight is another charcter I've been hoping for. Frankly, the Kirby universe is full of great characters and should be represented by more. I just hope they also add King Dedede as well. I'd love to battle with him.

Zero-suit Samus is the one I find most surprising. I felt if they did another Samus it would be Dark Samus or the SA-X Samus. Zero-suit just had a weak ray hun and ran around a lot. Still, she is one of the finest looking Nintendo characters. I'll choose her over Candy Kong any day.

Quick list of other characters I want to see in the game:

King K. Rool - (He's got plenty of moves)
Dixie Kong - (People always list Diddy but Dixie has more unique moves)
Ridley - (forget size issues, I want to swoop down on Samus and rumble in Norfair)
Captain Olimar - (I like him and think he could be interesting)
King Dedede - (I mentioned him already and I want to mention him again)
Star Wolf - (Give Falco his own set of moves and make Wolf a clone if necessary. I don't like clones but I really think they should include more villians)

Quick list of others that would be nice - Toad, Daisy, Diddy Kong, another F-zero character, Pokemon to replace Pichu (Squirtle), another zelda character (Ganon), Starman, Mario RPG character (Smithy or Geno), Banjo-Kazooie (seems more likely now), Marx and Wart.  
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2006, 10:34:42 PM »

Remember that thread... back before I was staff? I think I said i was quitting the forums in it.... =P
Haha, yeah I remember, although I would have liked this game to attempt to use the motion sensing control.

I want Olimar too..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline soracloudtidus

• snes owns and all of you know it
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2006, 10:41:29 PM »
WTB life after this game comes out....
Currently Playing: WoW, New Super Mario Bros,Legend of Zelda: Phanton Hourglass

Offline Shin Gallon

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2006, 10:42:20 PM »
Wart would be awesome...I always wanted him to be in another game after SMB2...
"Friends don't let friends watch dubbed anime."

http://shingallon.com

Offline Hocotate

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2006, 10:50:57 PM »
Nintendo has just entered the auto-win code in the game of the console wars.  
Currently Playing: Twilight Princess(Wii), Castlevania: PoR(DS), Mario vs. Donkey Kong2(DS), Wii sports(Wii)
Anticipating: Mario Galaxy(Wii), Blue Dragon(360), Dragon Quest:Swords(Wii), Dragon Quest IX (DS)

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2006, 11:14:42 PM »
Even though I jumped the gun with my "told you so" thing, it's important to note that the whole "GCN controller onry" thing isn't a hard fact.  We were just told not to throw them away because we may need them... wink wink.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2006, 11:16:27 PM »
"Same controls as GCN? (major minor tweaks) Good, those controls were just about perfect."

But they have different move sets
Mario does a down spike while standing, this is impossable in melee without jumping
but stangely he has the normal down smash (break dancing kick spin), but it seemed weaker as when he did it to link, he only got knocked back a bit
So its very strange

Offline theRPGFreak

• OVERLORD
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2006, 12:25:46 AM »
This thread has accomplished something that we have never seen before! Ian Sane is happy with Nintendo! All is well
"I can't read...im not a loser."~Master Shake

Offline SlayerZero

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2006, 02:59:05 AM »
Dammit! Why, oh why do I have to wait another to get my hands on some Smash Bros. goodness! It is pretty awesome that they finally decided to put Wario in the game, and my favorite Kirby character of all time, Meta Knight. I have a feeling that just like the Smash Bros. games before it, Brawl will be one of the best games for the system. Please let it at least come out in early 2007.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

"When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, it seems like two minutes.
When you sit on a hot stove for two minutes, it seems like two hours.
That's relativity."

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2006, 03:07:55 AM »
I woke up this morning and I'm absolutely floored.  That'll teach me to go to bed at night.

After watching the trailer I thought for a half a second that a Nintendog was to be added as a fighter.  That would be been great.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2006, 04:46:15 AM »
oh no Nintendog as a character would be not nice, I dont want to kick a puppy T_T

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Rize

• Disgruntled
  • Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2006, 06:58:15 AM »

Originally posted by: MattVDB
So, I jumped the gun on calling it exclusive, but this was the page I reloaded to see it.  I was just pleased to see the staff on top of it to the point of me hearing about it here first.  Good Show.

(Still looks freaking amazing.  Can Not Wait)

Thanks, that's what we're here for.  And you seem to be right about Prime 3 at launch.  To that I can only say THANK YOU JAYSUS

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2006, 07:18:14 AM »
Nintendog isn't a character, it's an item.  WATCH THE TRAILER NOW.

I just hope they don't use too many 3rd party characters.  Sonic and Snake and Megaman are all cool, but if they start throwing in stuff like Leon and Jill (from the same series, and basically wouldn't do anything differently from each other, and probably Snake, too) I'll be pissed.  Keep it to a diversity of moves, and 3rd party characters to a . . . reasonable percentage.
And continue to handle it gracefully.  I love the way Snake was introduced, it just made me feel good.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Rize

• Disgruntled
  • Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2006, 08:02:23 AM »
Any 3rd party character that figured prominently on the NES to me would be a great adddition.  Mega Man, for example, would be perfect.  While Konami's dealing, I'd love to see a Belmont from Castlevania and perhaps Ryu from Ninja Gaiden.  The Bionic Commando would be sweet.  There's really tons of possibilities.  I don't mind having third party characters at the table at all.  As long as Nintendo characters remain at over 50% it's perfectly logical.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2006, 08:26:52 AM »
Does anyone else find it weird how this game wasn't even shown at the press conference and yet there's a trailer and screenshots while for Super Mario Galaxy all we have is footage from the conference, one screenshot, and some shots of demo units taken on the show floor?  Why is so much being released for a title that's probably a fair ways off while the other games that are going to be released sooner have virtually no official screenshots whatsoever?

Offline Ndolger

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2006, 08:42:20 AM »
GREATEST NEWS EVER!

After reading the smash brso. dojo! site this also makes me very happy:

"The main theme was created for us by none other than famed Final Fantasy composer, Nobuo Uematsu!
Additionally, opera singer Ken Nishikiori has also participated in this project on vocals.
...And as a special service to readers of this site, I can say that the game's music will be performed by a full orchestra. It will be a deluxe chorus complete with lyrics in Latin."

I CAN'T WAIT!

Kinda sad that HAL isn't working on it, but "The Studio" seems capable enough it seems. Soooo glad Sakurai is directing it. Can't wait to own everybody online; this series has been my life for the last six years.

Offline odifiend

• "Who's the tough guy now Vinnie?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2006, 08:45:19 AM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
Does anyone else find it weird how this game wasn't even shown at the press conference and yet there's a trailer and screenshots while for Super Mario Galaxy all we have is footage from the conference, one screenshot, and some shots of demo units taken on the show floor?  Why is so much being released for a title that's probably a fair ways off while the other games that are going to be released sooner have virtually no official screenshots whatsoever?

Nintendo isn't as stupid as you think and knows how to incite a response from their fanbase?
Kiss the Cynic!

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2006, 09:30:14 AM »

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2006, 10:34:07 AM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane

Because why release official anything while the thing is playable? Screenshots will most likely come out when E3 is over with.

<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2006, 11:03:57 AM »
"Because why release official anything while the thing is playable? Screenshots will most likely come out when E3 is over with."

Because 99% of the people who want them aren't at E3!

Offline MattVDB

• In need of an alter-ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2006, 05:45:39 PM »
Ian, Nintendo knows this is a huge one.  If all we had were those lame phone cam pics of this game for months, I swear, the internet would implode.  I can't give an excellent reason as to why no footage or shots of games from the floor have been shown (besides the ones on Nintendo's own site, or off-screen footage), but it probably goes back to the whole "playing = believing," which is a bit different than oogling screenshots.