Author Topic: Resident 5 confirmed....not on Rev!  (Read 14638 times)

Offline hudsonhawk

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Resident 5 confirmed....not on Rev!
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2005, 09:47:08 AM »
Each of the next generation consoles is so different that trying to compare them in some sort of spec pissing contest is just asinine.

They'll each have their pros and cons, just like the current gen.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2005, 10:06:05 AM »
"Each of the next generation consoles is so different that trying to compare them in some sort of spec pissing contest is just asinine."

Asinine or not that's what 90% of the game buying public will do.  The Rev can be different all it wants but "the Rev has the worst graphics" as word of mouth will hurt sales no matter what.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2005, 10:20:01 AM »
Nintendo can have all the graphics in the world but it still won't be enough. Some people just don't look at Nintendo in the same way as they did before. If nintendo could show that they have better graphics then mid next gen the rev will start gaining ground.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline hudsonhawk

• View Profile
RE:Resident 5 confirmed....not on Rev!
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2005, 10:49:03 AM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
Asinine or not that's what 90% of the game buying public will do.  The Rev can be different all it wants but "the Rev has the worst graphics" as word of mouth will hurt sales no matter what.

Yeah, that clearly killed the PS2 this generation, and the PS 2 generations ago.  Even a pedestrian gamer can tell that the Cube and the Xbox have superior graphics to the PS2.

I think you're making the same mistake a lot of hard-core gamers make, which is that the general public knows anything about anything.

Marketing sells game systems, not specs.

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2005, 11:25:15 AM »
"Yeah, that clearly killed the PS2 this generation, and the PS 2 generations ago. Even a pedestrian gamer can tell that the Cube and the Xbox have superior graphics to the PS2."

The PS2 and PS did have the worst graphics but no one THOUGHT they did and that's what's important.  People assumed the Playstation had better graphics than the N64 because of FMV and the Cube is widely regarded as the weakest console for some reason.  It's all what people perceive and right now the Rev is seen as the weakest console.

Offline hudsonhawk

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2005, 12:40:22 PM »
Right, and where do people get these crazy false ideas?

I'll give you a hint, it starts with an "M" and ends with "arketing."

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2005, 01:40:39 PM »
Well, I suppose there's a reason...take Final Fantasy X, and Final Fantasy: CC and put them side by side.  Yeah, that's a good example.  CC looked beautiful but in a quirky way.  Quirky works well with the Nintendo fan base.  It doesn't with anyone else.
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2005, 01:58:36 PM »
"I'll give you a hint, it starts with an 'M' and ends with 'arketing.'"

Nintendo failed at marketing a console that could on some occasions produce games that looked better than almost anything else on the market.  If they can't convince the public when they in reality have better graphics do you think they'll have a shot in hell at convincing anyone when they in reality have the worst graphics?

I just feel Nintendo has enough going against them that having the worst hardware is going make it just a bit harder for the Rev to succeed.  It's an ARTNBANC, Another Reason to Not Buy a Nintendo Console.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2005, 05:14:56 PM »
People thought that the cube was the weakest console because it was the cheapest. But in actuality it was the cheapest because it had no DVD playback. Then the lack of that hurt it more.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2005, 06:15:15 PM »

Originally posted by: hudsonhawk
Right, and where do people get these crazy false ideas?

I'll give you a hint, it starts with an "M" and ends with "arketing."

I thought it started with "I" and ended with "GN"

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2005, 04:09:21 AM »
That's just a front end. The core of IGN, 1up, EGM, etc is all the same piece o' buggy Micro Software.

Ian: Early this gen everyone believed Nintendo came up with the worst system because they said graphics don't matter and gave very realistic estimates of their system's performance. Now everyone believes the same about the next gen. Unless Nintendo learns about lying, deceiving, cookie-cutting and overhyping they won't win.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2005, 08:39:26 PM »
"Unless Nintendo learns about lying, deceiving, cookie-cutting and overhyping they won't win"

Thanks for shattering all my lifelong dreams of everyone succeeding through fair and just means.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline theRPGFreak

• OVERLORD
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2005, 11:25:13 PM »
"Unless Nintendo learns about lying, deceiving, cookie-cutting and overhyping they won't win"

The main problem is that Nintendo THINKS that the Japan market of games is the same as Americas. It seems that they are so concerned with rebuilding the market in Japan, that they forget to realize what American cusomers want. While new game experiences can attract a wide audience in Japan, most people would rather go with the bigger and better approach that Nintendo refuses to follow.
"I can't read...im not a loser."~Master Shake

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2005, 09:08:54 AM »
but... they still are making Twilight Princess, which is focused on the american market (something Im not sure I should be happy about or not)
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2005, 10:09:02 AM »
Nintendo's Japan Marketing and PR people need to be fired. They don't supply info to their american counterpart..and they obsess on secrecy when it is the only thing thats hurt Nintendo's business.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline theRPGFreak

• OVERLORD
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2005, 11:05:04 AM »
"but... they still are making Twilight Princess, which is focused on the american market (something Im not sure I should be happy about or not)"

While this is a good point, Zelda is only ONE game that is coming out hardcore gamers are looking forward to on the GameCube this year. There are no third party games, or first party games that people are anticipating other than Twilight Princess.
"I can't read...im not a loser."~Master Shake

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2005, 11:28:30 AM »
Yeah, all the good games are comming out on DS.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2005, 12:20:21 PM »
I am really not anticipating Fire Emblem...Or Mario DDR...Or Mario Soccer...Or Pokemon XD...Or anything else I've forgotten for the time being...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Nosferat2

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2005, 01:53:47 PM »
Im looking forward to Geist, Spartan Total Warrior, PoP 3 and Zelda.
Fire Emblem looks queerish, another japanese anime Blue haired geyness, Nintendo needs to americanize their RPG's.
If you think all the good games are only on the DS then its in my honest opinion that you have issues...

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2005, 06:09:19 PM »
Hey, I'd be more excited about upcomming GC games other than Zelda if I had the money to get all the current DS games, like polarium, meteos and nanostray.  

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2005, 06:50:40 PM »
Geist really bombed.

I was looking forward to it though.

Mario Baseball however looks like one of the most solid baseball games ever, probably more solid than whatever Nintendo's other baseball game coming out (Pennant Chace or something) is.  And I've heard good thinks about Strikers...

Ooh, and Battalion Wars looks amazing, go watch the developer demo on Gamespot...
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2005, 07:02:08 PM »
Nintendo needs to americanize their RPG's.

Why?  Because America is so un-queer?  Ooooookay...Let's get over some insecurities before we try and teach Nintendo to be "un-queer," k?
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2005, 08:43:49 PM »
Because he wants his RPGs with more hack'n'slash, level grinding and phat l00t. Oh and a hollywood-style stupid plot instead of a japan-style stupid plot.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2005, 10:53:38 PM »
Resident Evil 5 Revolution bound?

Updated - Nintendo of America has stated RE5 may be announced for the Revolution when the system's details are revealed later this year and Capcom has confirmed the game will come to other systems (N Rev, PC, etc). Good news indeed! < Thanks to JeuxPo for the information >

*cracks open a fresh bottled water and pours some salt onto a spoon*

I hope this is true, but how reliable is JuexPo and where is this Capcom announcement/confirmation?

Offline 31 Flavas

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2005, 11:36:27 PM »

Originally posted by: ThePerm
Nintendo's Japan Marketing and PR people need to be fired. They don't supply info to their american counterpart..and they obsess on secrecy when it is the only thing thats hurt Nintendo's business.
Why should Nintendo deliver their ideas to Sony with a bow on top? I mean it's flattering, and all, that Sony has had to re-release their already SNES controller duplicate, not once, but twice, because Nintendo introduces the analog thumbsick and controller rumble. Or that Sony can't improve the SNES controller button layout besides turning the controller into a boomerang, so that when you toss it in anger, it comes back to you. But, flattery doesn't pay the bills, so why just essentially give the innovation(s) to Sony (or MS, for that matter) to copy, by introducing them too early, in a bid to "woo" people to the Revolution?
"Once 6 A.M roles around on Friday it's like a human tsunami and everything will be taken within minutes." -- Luigi Dude