Author Topic: Atlus Announces Five DS Games  (Read 1530 times)

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Atlus Announces Five DS Games
« on: July 28, 2004, 10:55:49 AM »
And one of them is Snowboard Kids.

Atlus announced five Nintendo DS titles on its Japanese website today.  Atlus praised the Nintendo DS for the flexibility two screens allows.  As an example, the press release explains how a game can display a close up of a character while still showing the game field in their role playing game.  Yes, that’s right, Atlus is working on a RPG for the Nintendo DS.  Here are the five announced games with their tentative titles (machine translated) and genres.

Shin Megami Tensei DS – RPG
Snowboard Kids DS – Action Race
Kadoukeusu – Action
Life Game DS – Board Game
Choro Q DS – Customize Action Race

Cult N64 fans will surely recognize Snowboard Kids, and others might recognize the Choro Q franchise from the 2002 GameCube game.  All of Atlus’s DS release dates and prices are officially undecided.  

::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline joeamis

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Atlus Announces Five DS Games
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 07:50:33 PM »
I expected great support from Atlus, they've put out some of my favorite gba games, and five titles announced already is great.  I always wanted to play Snowboard Kids back in N64 days, and the same for Choro Q which I've wanted to try since I saw pics of the PS 1 game in Japanese previews.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 08:08:35 AM »
GO ATLUS!!!

Way to support greatness!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2004, 11:59:37 AM »
This is awesome, I hope Snowboard kids is more than just a port with some superfluous second screen functions thrown in though.  It's odd to see Snowboard Kids returning on DS of all places.
How about a snowboard game where you do tricks by manipulating a 2D snowboard on the touchscreen?   Might not work so well, but I love thinking up this kind of stuff.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Caillan

• Token New Zealander
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Atlus Announces Five DS Games
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2004, 09:20:36 PM »
Snowboard Kids was underated. It was a really cool game that was overshadowed by 1080... a bit of a pity, really. Snowboard Kids was always a little quirky, I'd be interested to see what Atlus could do with it on the DS.