Author Topic: PREVIEWS: NBA Jam  (Read 7066 times)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: PREVIEWS: NBA Jam
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2010, 08:13:35 PM »
I actually wonder what the price should be... The price usually affects one's perception of quality. If the game is $30 then people might assume it is no different than all the other low-quality titles that release at the $30 price point, including some released by EA. If it is $50 then people will think it is up to the quality of EA's other sports titles that retail for $50.
Yes and no. The difference is branding. NBA anything immediately holds more weight than Deca Sports. Furthermore, it depends on who's on the cover. If they pick one of the 5 best players in the NBA, this game could probably sell on fan recognition alone.

If I had to rank them:
1. Kobe Bryant
2. Lebron James
3. Dwayne Wade
4. Dwight Howard
5. Kevin Durant

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2010, 08:43:38 PM »
Don't forget that this game started off as NBA Kidz afterall.

Where did you hear this? I have followed this game since it was announced and never seen that stated by anyone (EA, the NBA, websites).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2010, 08:51:59 PM »

Where did you hear this? I have followed this game since it was announced and never seen that stated by anyone (EA, the NBA, websites).

The very article you're posting in the talkback for says it.  Re-read the article and you'll see it.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2010, 08:52:13 PM »

I read it in this very thread

Quote from: The OP
With the success of the Wii, EA Sports has been trying to figure out how to succeed in the vastly different market. Their last NBA game on Wii, NBA Live 09 All-Play, was met with a 51 Metacritic average. Since then, EA Canada has been working on a new basketball game specifically for Wii. Initially, this game was called NBA Kids, according to NBA Jam's Creative Director Trey Smith.

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2010, 10:49:34 PM »

Proof the article wasn't read.

That makes me cry. I should just start posting NBA Jam Preview with random text and see if anyone notices.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline ControlerFleX

• Best new poster
  • Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2010, 04:03:17 PM »

Proof the article wasn't read.

That makes me cry. I should just start posting NBA Jam Preview with random text and see if anyone notices.

!!!! BADMINTON IS MY FAVORITE SPORT OF ALL TIME!!!! I CAINT WAIT FOR THIS GAME TO DEBUT 3DS!!!!
....he asked me if the glass was half full or half empty. "Neither." I replied. "I see a glass that is two times bigger than it needs to be....

Forever debited to you my friend...

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2010, 05:05:40 PM »
ControlerFleX, if you like badminton, go read my Racquet Sports review. Then, go cut off your hand, because that's better than playing that piece of ****.

don't actually do that
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline ControlerFleX

• Best new poster
  • Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2010, 05:13:25 PM »
ControlerFleX, if you like badminton, go read my Racquet Sports review. Then, go cut off your hand, because that's better than playing that piece of ****.

don't actually do that

Well NWR_pap64....., I'd rather play this one! P.S. I love your articles.
....he asked me if the glass was half full or half empty. "Neither." I replied. "I see a glass that is two times bigger than it needs to be....

Forever debited to you my friend...

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2010, 05:16:35 PM »

don't actually do that

Well NWR_pap64....., I'd rather play this one! P.S. I love your articles.

I'll tell Pedro (NWR_pap64) you love his articles, but I'm Neal (NWR_Neal). :P
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2010, 05:28:27 PM »
I love badminton.

YOU CAN COUNT ON ME, WAITING FOR YOU, IN THE PARKING LOT.  with a net.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Stele

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2010, 10:10:22 AM »
Actually, they could program the game to use the SDHC support of the Wii and save and load DLC and any other game updates there.

Again you are correct.....

But we can add that to THE LIST;
Nintendo could rid us of friend codes..
Nintendo could support more WiiWare demos...
Nintendo could have used the SD feature to "fix" Conduit's Online hack...
Nintendo could...
        Nintendo could...
                 Nintendo could...

We sure do say that alot.

1: Friend codes are how the system was set up. 3rd parties have circumvented it already, so if 3rd parties don't want it they probably don't have to use it. Hopefully a singel profile code (with a Mii attached?) will replace it.

Tiger Woods 10 used an EA account for friends and matchmaking on Wii.  I'm hopeful this will do the same, and I can continue playing sports with already established friends.