Author Topic: Mario Tennis  (Read 2369 times)

Mario Tennis
« on: July 29, 2003, 05:15:33 PM »
Who cares about golf, gimme my mario tennis game.

Is Camelot working on the tennis side of mario now?  I remember a few screens that came out with the first of mario golf, but have heard nothing since.  Is it still being made?  If so, is there a rough release date that is being tossed around?

Thanks for anybody that gives me information and I will mail you the complementery gift basket ASAP.
      ^^---"There is still hope"---^^

Offline SuperLink666

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Mario Tennis
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2003, 05:47:45 PM »
I think it should be out maybe Q2 2004. Or next June. They can't do much with it but add a lot of mini game modes which is cool. There needs to be a more competitive 1 player mode. The multiplayer is cool but how about 1v1v1v1?  
www.warppipe.com
GameCube games - Playable online!

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2003, 06:33:28 PM »
Camelot better be working on this right now! Ive been waiting ages for Mario Tennis GC

Extra modes they could include: A mode where you hit the ball against a wall and practise against yourself, new gameplay mechanics, choice of racquet, a "handball" mode (that would be so awesome ), courts that arent rectangles (eg circle courts, star shaped courts), new multiplayer modes, and heaps more that i cant be bothered thinking of right now.

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2003, 03:53:12 AM »
They have been working on it at the same time they were making golf. Hopefully they can finish it up this year. Mario Golf doesnt impress me, but then again it golf...

Give me Mario Tennis now.
Ralph: Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!

Offline SuperLink666

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2003, 05:18:14 AM »
I just saw the intro to Mario Golf and my brother went to buy it today. Hopefully it is there because didn't it just come out yesterday? It takes like 1 day to ship they may not have it.
www.warppipe.com
GameCube games - Playable online!

Offline reivned

• View Profile
RE: Mario Tennis
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2003, 08:17:44 AM »
While waiting for Mario Tennis, you could play some Monkey Tennis on SMB2 !!

Monkey-key mon-key !!!! Mon-keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey !

:-)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2003, 11:19:19 AM »
Clear and simple business strategy: Never release all your games at once.  I'm pretty sure the game is complete, or at least near-complete.  Ninty just wants to release it during a time where they will not be releasing other games.  Since we don't know of any games that are going to be released next summer, that is a logical guess.
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline GoldShadow1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2003, 08:21:17 PM »
I just don't see how they could really improve on tennis.  The N64 game was fun, but it's just tennis.  What could they really do with it?  A few different modes, like the ones mentioned above, sure, but the main part of the game will still be the usual kind of tennis tournament.  Adding new characters or stages really doesn't change tennis the way it does SSBM or golf.  I just can't see how someone can get all that excited about this game.  

Offline alexzman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2003, 08:30:09 PM »
It's a Nintendo game.
--CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Sim City 4, Mario Golf
--LOOKING FORWARD TO:
F-Zero, SCII, and MK: DD

Offline G3cyco

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2003, 09:37:00 PM »
I'll pay for just a Mario Tennis with rehashed graphics. The N64 was perfect. But the GC one better have RINGS!!!1
http://www.touchdownlakers.com
"When I die, tell the media I always had a smile on my face"

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: Mario Tennis
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2003, 11:22:09 PM »
Peach and Daisy should be hotter too thanks to modern technology.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.