Author Topic: future of PGC name  (Read 5752 times)

Offline thepoga

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
future of PGC name
« on: July 07, 2003, 09:20:54 PM »
will the name of the site change once the new system is anounced? or have any of u guys thought about this?

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: future of PGC name
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2003, 12:15:38 AM »
planetpiac ofcourse \o/

planet'insert name of next gen console here' would be the natural asumption.

planettehmegaton would be cool too

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
future of PGC name
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2003, 04:56:57 AM »
I like PlanetPIAC.

Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
future of PGC name
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2003, 05:20:43 AM »
planetmario

......sorry

erm... how about planetnintendo?

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
future of PGC name
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2003, 05:37:06 AM »
I think Planet Nintendo already exists... *quick check*....yup, it does.  Didn't the site used to be P2000 or PN2000 or something?  No, P2005 wouldn't work...   how bout drop the whole planet thing?  Or is that like a tradition?  I don't know, I have 0 good ideas.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
future of PGC name
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2003, 09:03:04 AM »
How about BESTGODDAMNNINTENDOSITEEVAH................HAHAHAHMWAHAHA....NINTENDORULZ.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
future of PGC name
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2003, 12:05:40 PM »
Well if Nintendo maintains the Gamecube naming convention and simply calls their next console something like Gamecube 2 or Super Gamecube then PGC can continue to use their current name without any real problem.

Seriously though it's not really worth worrying over when the new console name probably won't be revealed for at least a year.

Offline thepoga

• View Profile
future of PGC name
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2003, 08:44:47 PM »
im just wondering cuz then theyd have to change the name about every 5 or 6 years if they were going to name it after the console. yeah... maybe they should have a contest to see what a new permanent name should be... the prize should be a panasonic Q! lol. or they can keep it at as planetgamecube. they could say in the future that the theme of the site is a planet shaped like a cube where people only play games. it would still make sense sorta... if ur crazy. hehe.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
future of PGC name
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2003, 05:04:05 PM »
And we are all crazy, so it works out.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline thepoga

• View Profile
future of PGC name
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2003, 09:22:56 PM »
that is so true. lol.

ummm... why arent any of the kind hearted staff members answering this? its okay i guess, and flattery will get me nowhere... u guys are so cool. ummm... if i were a girl id go out with rick powers or justin nations or typ anytime! ok... answer please? (just for the record... im not, u know... yeah)

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
future of PGC name
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2003, 09:31:25 AM »
Okay, there's a fine line between crazy and seriously messed up, and you've just crossed over.  I strongly suggest you get committed to a mental institution
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline thepoga

• View Profile
future of PGC name
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2003, 10:46:52 AM »
i can proudly announce that i am already checked into one so there...

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2003, 02:40:29 PM »
We haven't seriously started thinking about it yet, honestly.  We've still got a couple years to make it before it becomes an issue.  And by the way Rick and Justin are already married.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
future of PGC name
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2003, 06:31:59 AM »
They're married!?  OMG someone would marry RICK?!

Just kidding.  Really, it was a joke.  I like you guys.  Don't hurt me.  Or worse, ban me.

All I ask is that you don't go away when the new console comes out.  I know you won't, becasue I know where you live and I'll come and pinch you if you ever stop. That's not what I meant, I meant I know you won't because you're so succesful now, that not continuing would be silly. And I might have a heart attack if you do (I'm being serious this time)

I just thought this should be said because do far, no one's cared enough to threaten you yet.  
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
future of PGC name
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2003, 08:18:45 AM »
"And by the way Rick and Justin are already married."

Holy crap- for a second there I thought you mean to eachother. When you say it like that, that's what it kind of implies, among other things.  
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
future of PGC name
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2003, 10:51:02 AM »
I thought he meant that, too.  I was thinking that he must be referring to some woman named Justin, but that seemed. . . anyway, I'm glad it's all clear now.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2003, 09:19:36 PM »
PGC should rename themselves as Planet Nintendo or something, just so that they shouldn't have to change their name every generation. Assuming they will last that long.

EEGADS! What am i saying?? Planet 'insert name here' will last forever until the apocalypse!
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
RE:future of PGC name
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2003, 06:38:07 PM »
I second that motion.  The one other message board I go to (not GC, just a MB) is going downhill, so this could be my last refuge.  Yes, you could be seeing a lot of me.  And when I say a lot, I mean a lot more.  I'm already here more than I should be

Offline Aussie Ben PGC

• BIG BAD BOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2003, 03:34:46 AM »
www.planetnintendo.com is owned by GameSpy.  Sorry guys, try again. ;-)  Maybe www.planetsitethattalksaboutnintendogames.com -- or www.psttang.com for short.
It's got a duck bill, you moron!

Watch Me Unnecessarily Flaunt My Games

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2003, 08:13:14 AM »
Yeah. . . I must have temporarily forgotten that.  Heck, I think we talked about it in this thread, even. . . maybe. . .

I suppose the second name would do.  It's kind of catchy

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2003, 09:06:33 AM »
I always liked PlanetN2000. The 2000 maybe wouldn't have as much a meaning as it used to, but adding numbers in the thousands to the end of names generally makes them sound better.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline G3cyco

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2003, 04:42:39 PM »
how about nintendoplanet.com?  
http://www.touchdownlakers.com
"When I die, tell the media I always had a smile on my face"

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2003, 07:32:10 PM »
That could be possible, though it may already exist.  It's rather like copying off of planetnintendo.com, though.  I imagine a more original name can be conceived.

Offline XBR

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2003, 06:31:56 PM »
Just make it Planet.  Its mysterious, stealthy, and cool.  By the time the next console comes out, PGC will be a network probably that will be running our living rooms and bathrooms, and only our living rooms and bathrooms.  Not the kitchen or the bedrooms.  I also think that they should seperate gameboy and game cube on the site, so it can be Planet Game Cube, and Planet Game Boy.  Itd be more organised.
Rocko's Modern Life....
       ...the good ole days

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2003, 04:49:26 AM »
That never really bothered me.  I'm only here for the Gamecube stuff, but the GBA info never gets in my way.