Author Topic: SNK Officially Announces Metal Slug Anthology for Wii  (Read 3118 times)

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
SNK Officially Announces Metal Slug Anthology for Wii
« on: May 02, 2006, 07:25:15 AM »
SNK vs. Capcom Card Fighters also coming to DS.

SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION to Publish  For Nintendo's Wiiâ„¢ and Nintendo DSâ„¢    

First Wii Title to be "METAL SLUG ANTHOLOGY"

WALL, NJ. - May 2, 2006 - SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION, the US publishing arm of the SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION, announced today that the company will develop games for Nintendo's new home system,- Wiiâ„¢ (formally code named Revolution)  and for the Nintendo DS handheld system.    

To gamers worldwide, the METAL SLUG franchise is known as one of the greatest action arcade series of all time. First introduced in 1996, METAL SLUG and its sequels have achieved massive popularity with arcade gamers due to the series' highly detailed animations, impressive backdrops, and consistent sense of humor. This will be a full arcade collection including many additional surprises.    

"Fans worldwide have been looking forward to our return to Nintendo platforms and what better way then to bring our complete METAL SLUG arcade collection to Wiiâ„¢.  Additionally we enter the Nintendo DS category with our SNK VS CAPCOM CARD FIGHTERS DS game that will match the dual screen format to a great game" said Ben Herman, President of SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION. "The Wii controller will be used in a new and unique way that enhances the gameplay. Our fans have demanded that we support Nintendo platforms. Let the celebration begin".    

About Wii  Nintendo's next system, Wii (formerly code-named Nintendo Revolution) will feature a controller designed to be used with either one hand or two -- a first in the video game industry. When picked up and pointed at the screen, the controller gives a lightning-quick element of interaction, sensing motion, depth, positioning and targeting dictated by movement of the controller itself.

THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
RE:SNK Officially Announces Metal Slug Anthology for Wii
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 09:20:31 AM »
I am so excited, i've always loved the Metal Slug games so this will be a must buy for me.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Michael8983

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: SNK Officially Announces Metal Slug Anthology for Wii
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 09:29:19 AM »
"SNK VS CAPCOM..."

YAY!

"CARD FIGHTERS DS"

NOOOOO!!!!!!

Offline Knoxxville

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 09:31:19 AM »
Card Fighters was the LICK!!

Offline G3cyco

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 11:26:33 AM »
turns out this was some f'n card game. damnit SNK
http://www.touchdownlakers.com
"When I die, tell the media I always had a smile on my face"

Offline Shin Gallon

• View Profile
RE: SNK Officially Announces Metal Slug Anthology for Wii
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 02:10:34 PM »
It's robably a graphically improved version of the game that came out for the Neo-Geo Pocket back in 99.
And the Metal Slug collection is a must-own.
"Friends don't let friends watch dubbed anime."

http://shingallon.com

Offline Knoxxville

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 07:45:35 PM »
Naw, this is a whole new game....the locales, characters, cards, and even the way the card battles are played (WAY more cards in play at once this time around) are totally different from the 1st game.  I actually own (and have beaten) the 1st and am totally GEEKED at this news!  I've been trying to get by on Yu-Gi-Oh games ever since, but nothing has quite scratched that itch like CFC.....let's just hope they don't muck it up!

Now if they would just announce an online version of Baseball Stars.....