Author Topic: Serial Port 2?  (Read 2839 times)

Offline KnuxSonic

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Serial Port 2?
« on: February 18, 2003, 12:00:32 PM »
Okay, the modem/bba take up serial port 1. GBA player will occupy the High-Speed Port.... so what is the serial port 2 for? It's awfully small to do much. Is it possible it could be used for memory expantion like the N64 did? I don't think it would be used for a k/b or mouse as they could easily go through the controller ports.  
-------"They call them fingers, but I aien't ever seen 'em fing... oh there they go." -Otto

Offline Azule

• View Profile
Serial Port 2?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2003, 10:12:23 PM »
I don't think it will be anything for now, Nintendo has too much (hardware wise) coming out already. Either way, don't you think it would be greedy of us to expect every one of those ports to be used....most of the previous systems never got anything for theirs (excluding the goodies Japan got).
I have crabs, would you like some?

Visit TendoFire, it's for your own good, OK!

Offline Gamer Donkey

• View Profile
Serial Port 2?
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2003, 01:22:46 PM »
I think its labeled in the manual as expansion pack.
"Heh, i just saw a petition somewhere for Halo to come to PS2. Hey look a green donkey!"

-Mario (Just found it interesting...)

The Gaming Donkey has returned.

Offline The Doc

• View Profile
Serial Port 2?
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2003, 09:21:34 AM »
Perhaps Serial Port 2 could be used for a Bluetooth adapter for wireless Local Area Network play. Keep in mind, this is just an educated guess.

The Doc  

Offline XBR

• View Profile
Serial Port 2?
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2003, 05:32:52 PM »
I dont think that it will be used for anything.  At least not in the US.  Its a tradition to leave one port open with gamers imagining all the possibilites of it.
Rocko's Modern Life....
       ...the good ole days

Offline ReallyScrued

• View Profile
Serial Port 2?
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2003, 01:01:08 AM »
it would be cool if they add an expansion on it, it has no socket comming out of the right of it like the modem place. they could add extra memory i guess, it mite help a bit with framerate, but i doubt serial ports go fast enough to transfer someting that requires so much bandwith.  
ScrUed

Offline G3cyco

• View Profile
Serial Port 2?
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2003, 11:00:58 PM »
They should add a usb plug. So I can buy a keyboard for the PS2 and plug it in to the GC.  
http://www.touchdownlakers.com
"When I die, tell the media I always had a smile on my face"