Author Topic: Here there be ponies  (Read 134976 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: The "Maxi Is Just a Little Too Involved In My Little Ponies" thread
« Reply #250 on: April 20, 2012, 06:07:22 PM »
So I watched the first episode of this Pony show. I will have to give it a review.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
A Canterlot Wedding.
« Reply #251 on: April 21, 2012, 02:17:39 PM »
Gotta say the episode was really good today. It flowed really well and there was a few songs in it. I need to watch it again to get the references and any in jokes for the fans of the show.

I usually have to watch the episodes twice since when I am in the live streams there is a lot of chat and in the place that I was in there was 800 people in the chat. Other streams there was 5,000 and 3,000 people. Yeah pretty crazy.

Lets see here. Watched it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfFnBSJnaxw

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3xqKvOwoyk

It was very good.

There was lots of references and fan nods in the episode like Luna and DJ Pinkie. Also DJ Pon 3. There was lots of great songs in the episode. Also I think that this was the first time that there was a villian song in the episodes. The writing flowed nicely and it tugged on the emotions. Overall a great ending to Season 2.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 03:29:42 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #252 on: April 21, 2012, 10:10:09 PM »
So I watched the first episode of this Pony show. I will have to give it a review.

What is your thoughts on it?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 21, 2012, 11:13:50 PM »
So it seemed mediocre but harmless. Decently animated and a couple of mildly funny parts. Nothing to go crazy over. I rank it a little bit higher than Dora the Explorer, but miles below Adventure Time.

The whole thing reminds me of Smithers on the Simpons being a huge collector of Malibu Stacy dolls.

Fun Fact: A friend of mine took a tour of Valve studios this week and ran into Gabe Newell in the elevator. He says he was carrying a My Little Ponies coloring book, but he may have been joking.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 22, 2012, 12:47:14 AM »
Well I am 20 episodes into it and while it took several episodes, I am enjoying the show. Is it my favorite? Not really but it is a cute and well written show even if it takes awhile to get going.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #255 on: April 22, 2012, 01:58:36 AM »
Yeah the first episode is just a intro to the characters to the show Shyguy. I actually got hooked on the show on the 7th episode. Dragonshy.

Paleosteno did a Season 1 video review of all the episodes.

Also fun fact about season 1. There was actually censors on season 1 so they couldn't take it as far as they could in season 2. You may have seen some EI on some of the videos.Although I am kinda surprised what they got past in season 1.

For best of season 1 I would recommend these. Dragonshy, Look Before you Sleep, Swarm of the Century,Winter Wrap up, Suited for Success, Sonic Rainboom, Green isn't your Color, The Cutie Mark Chronicles, Party of One and The Best Night Ever.

Just below that I would put Boast Busters, Bridle Gossip, Fall Weather Friends, Feeling Pinkie Keen, Stare Master, The Dog and Pony Show,Over a Barrel, and  A Bird and a Hoof.

For the rest of the episodes here. The Openers, Ticket Master,Applebuck Season, Griffon The Brush off, Call of the Cutie, The Show Stoppers, Owls Well That Ends Well.

While I have placed these ones down here I do still like them and they do have a piece of the show that I like or a character that I dislike and it does add character to the characters in some of the episodes.

There is really only 2 episodes I don't like to much in season 1. Griffon the Brush off and Owls Well and Ends well. The rest are great.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 06:46:50 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline FZeroBoyo

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #256 on: April 22, 2012, 11:46:52 PM »
So after a two week gap, I watched five episodes that I was able to find on YouTube in good quality. They were:

"Dragon Quest" - I don't know why, but I kept thinking about Skyrim... a game I've never played. I probably should some day. The episode was all right.

"Hurricane Fluttershy" - It was all right. Really can't recall everything that happened but I felt the moral of "don't listen to critics and just believe in yourself and go for it" was one that many people I know could stand to learn.

"A Friend In Deed" - The musical sequence was a bit grinding on me but I thought Pinkie Pie's near-obsessive behavior was worth a few giggles.

"It's About Time" - The outcome of the episode was a bit of a letdown, but it also had a nice moral of "don't worry about the future, but just deal with problems as they come".

"Putting Your Hoof Down" - I couldn't shake the feeling I've seen this episode before... SpongeBob

Overall: it was not bad but not very good either. It's harmless entertainment, but nothing to really get excited about as ShyGuy noted. Ah, but maybe it'll be something I have on as a last resort. I'm not a fan, but I'm also not a hater.
This is where I would write something witty or funny if I had any ideas.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #257 on: April 23, 2012, 12:57:51 AM »
Yeah Dragon Quest I believe was the first "boys' centric episode in the entire series as far as I am aware. I think the main thing that stuck out was the background music that was done by William Anderson and his background staff. I find background music works best when you barely notice it and it works with the animation.

Hurricane Fluttershy was one of my faves this season. Personally because Fluttershy was and still is my fave on the show so there is that involvment there. The emotional investment. As for the episode I think what stood out that was funny was call backs to older episodes from season 1 as far as some jokes. There is a lot of continuity in Season 2 with Season 2 and Season 1 I should note to fans. More so then season 1.I liked the montage and that crazy buff Pony that had really small wings. It also introduced lots of background ponies and game lots of names to ponies. The ending was great as well.

A friend in Deed I loved for the Smile song. A small tidbit that song was leaked way before it was aired a few months before the episode aired so for those that knew about it well they could find it. That has only happened once before with another song and that was the 11th episode song way back when. Anyway about the episode I love the song and when I am feeling down for some reason I just put on the song and it cheers me right up. It is that good. I think the animation that goes with the song is a big part of that. I think the rest of the episode. Pinkie was just trying to be overly nice and it was just coming off the wrong way to Cranky.

It's about Time. Yeah with this kind of setup and premiss and time limit you can't do many things with it that hasn't been done before. Also I tell people this all the time. You can't do anything about the future. The future is just the present that hasn't come yet. Nothing you can do to change that really. You just have to do what you can change yourself and not others. Also this episode I think may open up some things for season 3 as far as development goes because of one area goes that was mentioned.

As for Putting your Hoof Down there is lots of stories that have been told in cartoons that have been redone. I thought it was well done as far as the contrast in who Fluttershy is and I actually didn't think they would go as far as they did with what they said. Also I want to say that this episode had lots of references in it.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #258 on: April 25, 2012, 06:02:46 AM »
So since Season 2 is now over you would think that things would die down some but that isn't really the case.

http://www.bronytv.net will be having their first anime night this coming Thursday starting at 10pm EST. These are the anime's they will air.
Dragonball Z, Bleach,Pony episode,Pokemon,Deathnote,pony episode, Astro boy, and then Avatar: the Last Airbender in that order.

After the first Thursday they will do it Thursday,Sunday and Tuesday the following weeks at the same time.     
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline FZeroBoyo

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #259 on: April 25, 2012, 08:40:46 PM »

I love videos like this.
This is where I would write something witty or funny if I had any ideas.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #260 on: April 25, 2012, 11:25:28 PM »
Yeah I like those too at times but not a lot at a time.

Here is a playlist that may interest you.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3168D20409B7609B&feature=plcp
Also the Holding Hooves video was remixed into this.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #261 on: April 28, 2012, 05:59:31 PM »
It is that time of month again. Saberspark put out the voting video for April Top ten Pony videos.

I have a few ideas for my votes but I need to go looking around for some of them as well.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #262 on: May 01, 2012, 05:04:39 AM »
You know that charity that was going on in Africa that Super joked about that the Brony community was involved in. Well there was a 24 hour stream the other day to raise the other $5,000 and well they did it in that span of time.It was this past Saturday and into Sunday. I am not even kidding.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/04/elements-of-charity-followup.html#idc-container
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #263 on: May 04, 2012, 01:32:30 PM »
Well I was thinking since the second season is over what type of things to post here in this topic for a few weeks before the end of the season 2 aired so I figured that some interviews with the members of the people that work on the show would be nice.

So first up is the background composer of the show. William Anderson. I found two audio interviews. One from Everfree Radio and one from Radio Discord which is a Italian Brony cast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzcj8ZGP3q8&feature=plcp

and here is the Radio Discord one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_Y8Uq5y570

The Radio Discord one does have some audio problems at parts but it does have some questions that weren't asked in the Everfree Radio one and William does go into some other things in the interview.

Also here is a channel on youtube that does have most of the background music from the show without the vocals interupting the visuals so it is just that animation and the background music where the background music is.  http://www.youtube.com/user/infinitydash/videos?sort=dd&view=0&page=1
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 12:09:31 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 04, 2012, 02:53:29 PM »
Just so you know Maxi.  MLP is on Netflix and My family has watched up to where Apple Blossom is upset she hasn't gotten her Cutie Mark yet.

Though that episode really bothers me because:
A) We all know it will be Apple Blossoms.
B) Why would her family always get there mark last when more than likely they are already doing what they will for the rest of there lives.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #265 on: May 04, 2012, 11:03:20 PM »
Yeah I do plan on getting Netflix soon for that. Yeah the Call of the Cutie episode of Season one. Keep watching the episodes. You might be a little surprised. Yeah Apple Bloom is quite the character.

As for your comments and questions. It could be something entirely different then what you might be thinking. As for as your second question well just like people in real life some people find what they are talented at real quick and and brag and they are pretty good at it and others find it later in life and yet they are exceptional at it. Some people explore one thing and find it suits them right away and others explore lots of fields and don't find it till much later.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 05, 2012, 12:47:55 AM »
Still waiting for season 2 to show up on Netflix. Also my favorite secondary character is Gummy the Toothless Alligator, he needs more episodes to star in!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #267 on: May 05, 2012, 03:16:54 AM »
Yeah I do enjoy the pets in the episodes. Maybe in Season 3 the pets will show up more. I am working on talking to Hasbro and Netflix about getting season 2 on Netflix. I don't think I got a response on Twitter back from either so I am going to work on organizing something on Twitter with the Bronies on there this weekend.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #268 on: May 05, 2012, 08:34:58 AM »
This interview was before the season finale so ignore when she talks about the Season 2 finale not airing yet. This interview was done by Everfree Radio and they interview one of the Senior Storyboard Artists for the show. Sabrina "Sibsy" Alberghetti.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W69CExFFgek

Here is her DA account.  http://sibsy.deviantart.com/
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 12:08:23 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #269 on: May 06, 2012, 12:32:31 AM »
I am kinda late with this but I thought I would do a post that I thought would round up some of the news pertaining to some DVDs that are coming out with some of the episodes on them.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/05/my-little-pony-royal-wedding-episode.html

Basically this new DVD will have these five episodes on them.

A Canterlot Wedding part 1 and 2, Hearts and Hooves day,Sweet and Elite and The Best Night Ever. So you have the Season 2 Finale two parter, the episode with the CMC,Cheerilee and Big Mac. Rarity going to Canterlot and well fun ensues.Finally the Season 1 finale which is pretty good. 

Finally there is this.
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/05/trixie-and-lyra-spotted-on-kmartcom.html

If you check the link and look at the boxes it has the DVD of Lesson Zero included with the toys. Really smart of Kmart to do that since Lesson Zero is one of the best Season 2 episodes.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 12:29:24 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 06, 2012, 12:19:10 PM »
Still waiting for season 2 to show up on Netflix. Also my favorite secondary character is Gummy the Toothless Alligator, he needs more episodes to star in!
Gummy is causing my son to latch onto my face...
Yeah I do enjoy the pets in the episodes. Maybe in Season 3 the pets will show up more. I am working on talking to Hasbro and Netflix about getting season 2 on Netflix. I don't think I got a response on Twitter back from either so I am going to work on organizing something on Twitter with the Bronies on there this weekend.
Could you hit on wanting Rescuebots and the next season of Transformer: Prime.  (Shoot while you have Hasbro releasing more Blade Rescuebots (The Helicopter) on retail because he's the one all the kids once and he's the rarest.)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 12:21:20 PM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #272 on: May 06, 2012, 12:58:24 PM »
I am only one person but I will pass it along. The more people that help out the better.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 07, 2012, 06:22:26 PM »
Can I just say I highly admire your enthusiasm with MLP, Maxi.  You make the world a better place.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #274 on: May 08, 2012, 12:32:27 AM »
Thanks Louieturkey.

Well Everfree Radio did one of those interview thingies again and well they interviewed Ashleigh Ball who voices Rainbow Dash and Apple Jack. She is also a singer in the group of Hey Ocean and one of their major songs in that group is Big Blue Wave. Here is the interview and their site.

http://www.loveheyocean.com/

Also one of the Brony musicians got in contact with Ashleigh and Hey Ocean and this was the result.It was after Bronycon in January. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wpu9ZU6ejw and here is the offical music video for Big Blue Wave http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTk6eY9EY5g .

Alexis, she/her/Miss