Author Topic: Wrestling discussion  (Read 111282 times)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Wrestling discussion
« Reply #150 on: July 17, 2011, 05:57:27 PM »
There are always several sites that stream the PPVs for free (none of them are legally allowed to do it of coarse).

With Bret and Shawn (which I won't get into), it was already known Hart was going to WCW. Right now it is not even know for sure what Punk is going to to. Some say it's a swerve and he really is staying, some are saying he is just taking some time off, etc. I don't think Punk will leave the PPV as champ, but I honestly have no clue what WWE will do.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #151 on: July 17, 2011, 06:14:09 PM »
I just thought of another situation that could happen.

Punk beats Cena and he leaves the company and Cena gets fired. Punk goes to Japan and defends it there. Cena follows Punk there and actually becomes a better wrestler there and expands his move set. He beats Punk and returns back to Vince and shows the title and gets to come back into the WWE just before his match up with the Rock at Wrestlemania where he beats The Rock with all he learned in Japan.

Long and drawn out but I think this might solve the problem of Cena being boring to watch.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 17, 2011, 10:52:44 PM »
CM Punk wins! I wish the finish didn't happen the way it did, but it could have been a lot worse, at least it was still technically a "clean finish." RAW should be pretty good.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #153 on: July 17, 2011, 11:41:52 PM »
The outcome didn't really interfere with the result of the match, so I don't think it was a big deal. It's rare for a one on one match in WWE do go 30+ minutes like Cena-Punk did (outside of something like Michaels-Undertaker at WrestleMania), so I was happy for that. To avoid spoilers I won't comment on the result, but I hope it does cause more people to watch Raw tomorrow to see the fallout of the main event. I was also happy with the winner of the SmackDown MITB, although I was surprised he didn't come out after the end of Orton-Christian since he would have easily been able to win the World Heavyweight Championship.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 17, 2011, 11:52:13 PM »
The RAW MITB winner was way too predictable, but I think the Smackdown! winner is quite deserving. I was also pleased with the winner of the World Championship match (started watching the live stream on Veetle...in HD...as Christian was walking away with the title. I wish I had seen the whole PPV, it sounds like it was one of the best in a long time.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #155 on: July 17, 2011, 11:55:48 PM »
True, except the Divas Championship match. But we both know that WWE always uses the divas match on PPV as filler anyways.

Yeah, no surprise at who won the Raw MITB since most people expect that. But I am also glad Daniel Bryan won on SmackDown because I have been a fan of his since he joined WWE (I am not gonna lie and say I was a fan before that), I just hope he doesn't become the first man to cash in MITB and lose. I hope the PPV gets upload soon so I can watch it, I am not gonna order the replay and I don't want to wait a month for it to come out on DVD (although I may still buy the DVD anyways).

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 18, 2011, 12:16:12 AM »
It's already on Pirate Bay - not a fan of torrents myself, but sometimes you just need to get a damn video quickly.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #157 on: July 18, 2011, 12:33:41 AM »
I avoid those types of sites, for various reasons such as viruses. I also hate that particular site and find they are douches.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #158 on: July 18, 2011, 08:02:56 PM »
Just finished watching the PPV and it was great. Both of the Money in the Bank ladder matches were great. I liked the winners of both of the Heavyweight and WWE title matches.

Vince tried to do all he could do to keep the WWE title away from Punk like when Cena put the STF on Punk he tried to have the timekeeper to ring the bell but Cena stopped him.It wasn't going to end like the Hart and Michaels match from Survivor Series. Cena said to Vince not this way. Punk hit Cena with the GTS and won. Del Rio tried to cash in on the title but the match didn't actually start and Punk knocked him out with a kick.Punk left through the crowd.

That was one of Cena's best matches I've seen.Gonna tune in on Raw tonight.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #159 on: July 18, 2011, 08:08:52 PM »
At what point is is not considered spoilers? Well, I will word my statement carefully: WWE has said that Vince McMahon will open Raw to discuss the situation surrounding what happened in the main event. They are also playing up two "injury" angles (they are storyline injuries, not real ones): The Big Show will be out for 4-6 weeks. Also, They are saying Sin Cara will be out for a month (this is to cover up that earlier in the day they announced they were suspending him for 30 days for his first violation of the Wellness Policy).

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #160 on: July 18, 2011, 08:21:44 PM »
I would guess maybe about a week after the Money  in the Bank PPV I'd say we can talk about it.I figured those that have been interested in what happened found it out.

I had to look up the Wellness Policy to know what you were talking about but basically it is a drug test. So Sin Cara tested positive for anabolic steroids.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 11:10:21 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #161 on: July 18, 2011, 08:26:42 PM »
Or marijuana, marijuana substitutes, sleeping pills, coke...

Hell, you can test positive for painkillers if you don't have a valid prescription.

Also, if you haven't seen the show last night... pay the man his money. For my $45, it's the best pay-per-view WWE has produced since WMXVII (2001).
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 18, 2011, 10:56:43 PM »
It was anabolic steroids.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #163 on: July 18, 2011, 11:32:17 PM »
It's not know what he tested positive for. As for weed, they tend to just fine wrestlers (Brian Kendrick was fined many times for it).

I missed the last 7 minutes of Raw because a damn thunderstorm cause my satellite to lose the signal.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #164 on: July 18, 2011, 11:52:32 PM »
Basically Spyke Cena is not fired and Triple H is going to be running the day to day operations of the WWE.Vince was releved of his duties. Vince got all teary eyed after that. Also the WWE Championship match that was going to happen was interupted by Vince and will happen next week. Mysterio and Miz is the matchup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36u9BZDr5mc
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 12:10:37 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #165 on: July 19, 2011, 02:31:27 AM »
Hmm, I do wonder what they will do. I guess they could do something similar to when JBL won the newly created SmackDown Championship after Cena was drafted to Raw and left SD without a world title (this was when they split the draft up over 4 weeks, after JBL won the match for the title Theodore Long came out and said the title wasn't needed now because World Heavyweight Champion Batista had been drafted to Raw). They could have the Mysterio-Miz match at the end of Raw next week, then Triple H comes out and says the winner is not the champion because he had convinced CM Punk to sign a new contract with WWE and was still WWE Champion. Have it so Mysterio wins, and because of that he will get to challenge Punk at SummerSlam.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #166 on: July 19, 2011, 02:48:27 AM »
There is the possiblity that the Raw Money in the Bank Match winner could get a chance at it. I figured something like that happening tonight after the Miz and Mysterio match tonight but Vince postponed that match till next week.

Speaking of JBL there was that I quit match between Cena and JBL and they both had titles and whoever won would be the one to keep their title as the true WWE title. Think the WWE will make a new title for whoever is the champ next week?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #167 on: July 19, 2011, 02:55:58 AM »
I hope so, I agreed with what Punk said when he commented on the the spinner belt being ugly. I personally liked the one they used when Triple H won the Undisputed WWF Championship (which was used from when Triple H won the title March 2002 until Cena won the title in March 2005), even the Attitute Era belt grew on me (the one that was used after Austin won the title at WrestleMania XIV).

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 21, 2011, 02:33:50 PM »
Like I said about Sin Cara, it was anabolic steroids. It's a pretty good "play dumb" interview though.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #169 on: July 27, 2011, 10:47:18 PM »
That was a pretty Raw this past Monday. Entertaining and good matches in all the matches. John Cena and Mysterio was great.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #170 on: July 27, 2011, 11:39:52 PM »
It was pretty good between them, although I feel it's kinda pointless since both Mysterio's reign (I don't buy him as champion) and Cena's will be negated as they were paper champions while Punk is still the real WWE Champion. I don't want it to be his new theme, but I loved Punk coming out to "Cult of Personality" (which he used in ROH while he was their champion and had just signed his WWE contract and threatening to go to WWE with the belt), I just downloaded it earlier today because of it. It was also great to see Jim Ross back, he is such a great announcer.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #171 on: July 28, 2011, 01:49:05 AM »
Yeah it was good to see JR back. The best part of JR being back is that Michael Cole has a loss now. I also liked the segment between R-Truth and Triple H. I got a kick out of that.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 28, 2011, 09:35:06 PM »
My biggest hope is that they have a title vs title match at SummerSlam, Punk wins, and they get rid of that fucking hideous belt.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #173 on: July 28, 2011, 09:55:42 PM »
Yeah, the Spinner belt looks pretty ugly. I doubt they will go back to a previous design though, so I hope the new design would be good.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #174 on: July 30, 2011, 05:36:27 AM »
Gotta admit these Raw and Smackdown shows are getting better. The only real bad match tonight was the Mark Henry match. His opponent wasn't up to snuff and it was onesided. The only segment that was bad was the 2nd Great Khali part. Didn't really see the point of it. Summerslam is gonna be good.
Alexis, she/her/Miss