Author Topic: Street Pass!  (Read 118943 times)

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
Re: Street Pass!
« Reply #250 on: January 05, 2013, 12:27:24 AM »
"bus and shake my 3DS to get steps "  :) Gotta love us Amercian's can't even do 1000 steps per day :0.

I live in a city of 300K and still have a hell of a time getting anybody on the streetpass.  The one hit I get is usually at the mall/gamestop employee but other than that nadda.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 05, 2013, 04:49:04 PM »
The other ones are useful to clear status effects in rooms, like lighting up a dark room or getting rid of poisonous gas.
Ah, they're situational? I guess I just haven't come to such a room yet, although I am nearly through, looking at the map...

I forgot about the green magic, I used that once before. Though I think orange has better damage output if used of the first out of ten heroes.

I don't think I have ever gotten a purple shirt, through StreetPass or hired heroes.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #252 on: January 06, 2013, 12:03:08 AM »
What's annoying is you come to a dark room and you dont get a white shirt. If you dont get a lot of StreetPasses, then you can waste a lot of coins buying Miis and wasting the few StreetPasses you get.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 06, 2013, 08:43:21 PM »
I had that problem with the light blue shield, I never got that colour in a StreetPass and it was a while before a hired hero had a light blue shirt. I don't think I've gotten any since, either.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 10, 2013, 02:37:56 PM »
Finally got another new hat today! I guess you just keep playing the various quests and paths within them over and over until you've got all the hats. No particular magic to it that I can tell.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #255 on: February 14, 2013, 05:55:09 PM »
Recently I got my Mii Plaza population above 3,000 so now instead of an actual number my population reads 3,000+  I also have a new job and a new commute so I'm getting new Street Passes these days, they are actually responsive with funny messages, it's cool. Has anyone completed the Fire Emblem puzzle? I need 3 more pieces!
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 12, 2013, 06:41:34 PM »
Streetpass update that's going make boost your lobby count.

Kinda given up on collecting them since nobody in my area seems to carry around their 3ds but with this new setup it should make things easier for all of us.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/06/nintendo_setting_up_thousands_of_streetpass_relay_stations_across_us_and_europe

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #257 on: June 12, 2013, 06:49:13 PM »
This was posted on the NWR StreetPass NYC Facebook page and has better details about the Relay System:

"We are going to perform a system update that introduces a framework that uses these access points as StreetPass relay stations by this autumn.
This will involve taking a Nintendo 3DS system in Sleep Mode to an access point which will then connect automatically and send StreetPass data to a server. At the same time, the Nintendo 3DS system also receives the StreetPass data of another user from the server. In this setting, data is not exchanged directly, but rather through a StreetPass relay station. Hence, as opposed to, say, Person A and Person B directly exchanging game data, data will be transmitted in sequence from Person A to Person B, and then onto Person C and so on. "
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/130612/03.html
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 06:51:49 PM by TheFleece »
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 12, 2013, 07:12:48 PM »
this should be good for game-related streetpasses (like Animal Crossing)
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #259 on: June 12, 2013, 07:14:46 PM »
I just got my first Animal Crossing Street Pass and I'm not sold on it yet, but I think this will work incredible for Pokemon X/Y.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 27, 2013, 12:33:19 AM »
I don't understand how StreetPass works.

Yesterday, I was carrying both my 3DS and my 3DSXL.  My 3DS got a Mii Plaza tag for someone called Rhe.  It showed she last played Animal Crossing.  My 3DSXL got a StreetPass from Rhe as well - but only in CrossworDS Plus.  Not in Mii Plaza, not in Animal Crossing.

Today, I had my 3DS, my 3DSXL and my friend's 3DS in my car.  We got a StreetPass from both a DRAKE BELL and a Kay - but only on Mii Plaza.

My 3DS got the following:
DRAKE BELL - Last Software: eShop
Kay - Last Software: eShop

My 3DS XL got:
DRAKE BELL - Last Software: eShop
Kay - Last Software: Mario Tennis

My friend's 3DS got:
DRAKE BELL - Last Software: Paper Mario
Kay - Last Software: eShop

Later in the day, I was carrying my 3DS and my 3DS XL.
Both systems got a Mii Plaza StreetPass from Riyo.
Only the 3DS got a Mii Plaza StreetPass from Crash.

All three Mii Plaza StreetPasses show Animal Crossing as the Last Played software - but no Animal Crossing StreetPasses.

Just so weird.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 27, 2013, 07:37:27 AM »
You kind of have to go out of your way to enable StreetPass for Animal Crossing. I could see someone playing it for a couple weeks without realizing it was there.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #262 on: June 27, 2013, 07:40:05 AM »
You also have to be playing Animal Crossing for a week before the option to Street Pass is available. They could have just started their games.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #263 on: June 27, 2013, 06:47:47 PM »
Well, not quite a week. I started playing Monday at 2AM, yesterday is when I was finally able to enable StreetPass, so about 3 days is the soonest you can.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #264 on: July 03, 2013, 08:44:40 AM »
Why would Nintendo do that? I would've thought Animal Crossing would be al about street passing. They'd better not pull this sort of **** for Pokemon.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 05, 2013, 12:06:38 AM »
It is very strange how the Streetpass works. I'm going to turn it off in games like Mario 3D Land because I think it is 'stealing' Passes from the Mii Plaza.

There is one person who I always pass with at work and it almost always goes to 3D Land and not the Plaza.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #266 on: July 05, 2013, 12:44:36 PM »
It is very strange how the Streetpass works. I'm going to turn it off in games like Mario 3D Land because I think it is 'stealing' Passes from the Mii Plaza.

There is one person who I always pass with at work and it almost always goes to 3D Land and not the Plaza.

That's because he's set up Street Pass in 3D Land, but didn't set his Mii info to be traded so he would likely be getting your Mii, but his data isn't being sent out to you.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 06, 2013, 12:14:03 AM »
But I did get his data once. How does that work?

On the plus side I've been getting a ton of Streetpasses. I'm at 52 different people just by carrying it around in my car  and at work. I take it on walks down the street all the time and get a few. Amazingly the most tend to come when I leave it in my car in the parking garage at my new primary job. Been there a month and a half and gotten over a dozen passes not including the ones where it was game specific only.

Walmarts and Frys have turned good results as well. Take it shopping with you too.
My Game Collection

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 06, 2013, 01:06:40 PM »
"bus and shake my 3DS to get steps "  :) Gotta love us Amercian's can't even do 1000 steps per day :0.

I live in a city of 300K and still have a hell of a time getting anybody on the streetpass.  The one hit I get is usually at the mall/gamestop employee but other than that nadda.

remind me again why we are limited to ten coins a day... seriously if the point is to get you carrying the system wherever you go then why limit us...?

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #269 on: July 06, 2013, 01:22:13 PM »
But I did get his data once. How does that work?

That sort of thing has happened to me before. All I can think of is that they've stopped sending their Street Pass Plaza data out and just send out their Game data.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #270 on: July 06, 2013, 01:26:19 PM »
i know for games like mk7 you can assign a separate mii to that game from the system mii (i messed with a few people that way by assigning a female mii and they were freaking out over why this mii didn't show up in the plaza...)

Offline Nemo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #271 on: July 07, 2013, 12:59:13 AM »
Speaking of weird streetpass occurrences, I've had it happen before where someone gets my streetpass, but I don't get theirs. And the next time we streetpassed, theirs said "You have met Nemo 5 times" and mine said "You've met that GameStop employee 4 times." Weird.
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 07, 2013, 01:08:44 AM »
Plus my sister and I have left our systems sitting next to each other for a while and nothing happened for a few minutes. If it takes that long sometimes then I can easily see instances of only game specific data transferring and not being able to transmit the system data before the connection is broken.
My Game Collection

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #273 on: July 14, 2013, 01:46:59 PM »
The new update brings the Street Pass meet count over 99!
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 14, 2013, 02:04:12 PM »
i think animal crossing had its streetpass functions tweaked for western audiences(now you get random homes from spotpass) but i'm not certain