Author Topic: Heroes  (Read 49709 times)

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
RE: Heroes
« Reply #200 on: March 08, 2007, 02:06:53 AM »
I read that the creator of the show has the story planned out for like 5 seasons.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Heroes
« Reply #201 on: March 08, 2007, 09:32:05 AM »

Originally posted by: UncleBob
I didn't even realize they were playing a real game...

Thats because unlike a "good fan" you didn't have the interactive web up as well.  :P
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 12, 2007, 07:35:30 PM »
I miss this show already, and it's only been one Monday.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 04, 2007, 02:23:59 PM »
Myspace has a new exclusive clip of Heroes! They give away a pretty big secret though Warning BIG spoiler: Lindermann also has the power of healing! Except his is external. In the clip you see him revive a dead flower! For me this gives more weight to the theory that he is really Peter and Nathans father, and his grand-daughter(sp?) has inherited his powers in a different form, or perhaps she can also externally heal things and doesn't know it yet.

At the end of the video it suggests that you go to itstimetosavetheworld.com to see another exclusive clip, that clip deals with HRG and doesn't really show anything special. If you're feeling deprived like me though, it's good just to watch it. The URL brings you back to nbc.com just so you know, that's where the video is posted.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 21, 2007, 06:45:02 PM »
Show comes back on Monday, and I'm super-psyched. It's been too long!
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 21, 2007, 07:42:06 PM »
I hoped they did this show like anime. No reruns and just keep it going just take short breaks in between(a whole summer of no Heros will suck).

Also I believe this will be the fastest selling DVD box set of all time.  
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 24, 2007, 08:20:42 AM »
Heroes returns, but the episode felt a little weak. I'm glad that Painter died, less plotlines to clog up the show. The ending was awesome, and next weeks show also looks to be awesome.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 24, 2007, 09:42:53 AM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
Heroes returns, but the episode felt a little weak. I'm glad that Painter died, less plotlines to clog up the show. The ending was awesome, and next weeks show also looks to be awesome.

I'm glad that Nikki and Co. finally intrigrate with the main story line.  Though I wouldn't miss them if they disappear tomorrow.  Also any episode that has little Hiro in it is normally weak.  Why didn't they take th opportunity to kill Sylar?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 24, 2007, 10:39:39 AM »
I thought the same thing, I guess Suresh just didn't have it in him to beat Sylar to death. He had was suspended on the ceiling bleeding just moments before so maybe he was little out of it.

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 24, 2007, 12:06:25 PM »
He sure beat the computer up good...

And with that old guy using the kid to rig the election... he seems more of one those that went astray, using powers inappropriately, than the other way around.

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: April 24, 2007, 04:56:17 PM »

Originally posted by: Shecky
He sure beat the computer up good...

And with that old guy using the kid to rig the election... he seems more of one those that went astray, using powers inappropriately, than the other way around.

That's a pretty good call. Did they mention that on the show when I fliped back to 24?

Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 25, 2007, 01:01:45 AM »

Originally posted by: Nile Boogie
Did they mention that on the show when I fliped back to 24?

Not that I'm aware of.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 30, 2007, 06:57:11 PM »
Nobody watched tonites episode?

All I have to way is WOW and Peter FTMFW, what a f#(kN badass.
I want to see what happens next in the 5 years from now future.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 30, 2007, 07:18:01 PM »
I did, I love the show.  I definitely wanted to see that fight.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 30, 2007, 07:23:11 PM »
Good episode, No mention of Linderman or the agency though. Plus, does the painter stay dead?  

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 30, 2007, 07:41:38 PM »
Yeah, he's dead for good, though both Peter and Sylar have his power.  The show did mention Linderman once, in a reference to a law, called the Linderman law.  Though it didn't specify what the law was about, I imagine it had to do with the registration of all people with powers.

If you've been following the graphic novels, you'd know that there have been people with special powers since at least the Vietnam War, and probably longer.  What's interesting to know is that there had not been a huge outbreak, nor widespread knowledge of people with special abilities, until this five years in the future, wear it seems like an everyday occurrence.  I was a bit surprised about the kid that sucked all the oxygen out of the air in this episode.  Just hearing about it made me wonder what good that could do.  I suppose he'd be a pretty awesome fire-fighter.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 01, 2007, 03:27:12 AM »
... or assassin.

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 01, 2007, 05:26:32 AM »
DAMN FINE TELEVISION!  
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 01, 2007, 01:33:25 PM »
I thought bad-future Peter was overly cynical, and that garish scar was laughably overdone.  He had clearly encountered Hiro before, and has control over his time-stopping and time-travelling powers.  Why couldn't HE go back in time to fix things?

It's like he thought he'd leave the world as it was for the opportunity to bang Ali Larter.  I mean, sheesh...  Priorities, man!

I know a lot can happen in five years, and while it was a very interesting episode, I'm not so sure that would be what the future ought to be.  It seemed overdone in a few respects.  And the whole "hunt the people with different genes" sounds like an X-Men plotline.

What it does bring into question is, what's the connection between Linderman and Sylar?  And let's not forget Eric Roberts' character...

I haven't been reading the online graphic novels or whatever.  Maybe I should.  That wi-fi woman has been pretty useless in the show itself (I think all she did was bring Ted and Matt together and hasn't appeared since), but I hear she has a much bigger part in the online graphic novels.

I haven't seen much of Missy Peregrym's work, but she reminds me of Hilary Swank for some reason.  Or am I out of it?  In any case, she's hot.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 01, 2007, 04:55:52 PM »
Claire was fvckin' hot as a brunette, that's all I have to say...oh and this episode was awesome, kept me on the brim from beginning to end.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 01, 2007, 09:47:28 PM »
That was a great episode (have you noticed that the best episodes this seasons are ones that aren't jumping around to character to character as much?), but I did have a minor complaint. Personally I didn't find Peter's scar laughable or anything, but it made no sense,since he has Claire's ability he should have healed himself so why in the heck would there be a scar?
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 02, 2007, 06:17:24 AM »
Maybe the Haitian was around when it was supposed to heal.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 02, 2007, 08:54:04 AM »

Maybe the Haitian was around when it was supposed to heal.

Still wouldn't it heal when he wasn't around the Haitian? Lol

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 02, 2007, 09:06:40 AM »
Maybe the Haitian was around for a couple of months and the scar formed.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 02, 2007, 09:12:56 AM »

Maybe the Haitian was around for a couple of months and the scar formed.