Linked Events

• NSMB Wii release: November 15, 2009

Author Topic: New Super Mario Bros. Wii  (Read 226861 times)

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
Re: New Super Mario Bros. Wii
« Reply #1175 on: January 19, 2010, 07:18:24 PM »
no way is 9-7 is easier with more people. I will test it, but I was literaly on that stage for days by my self. I mean trying to get that coin and have your path not destroyed was nearly impossible!

You forget that you can send a player to his "doom" to make coins much easier to get.  Since that's the case, as long as two players are alive and one stays out of their bubble, it's vastly more simple to get any in the stage.

I spent an hour or so to get through the stage on my own, maybe two, tops, but with two people, we were able to dash through in 5-10 tries, even though player 2 had never played the stage before.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1176 on: January 19, 2010, 07:22:38 PM »
I'm gonna have to tackle 9-3 with friends. You know, the forced scrolling stage with all the fire-spitting Piranna Plants and Bob-Ombs. I can get the first two coins just fine, but by the time I get to the plant you're supposed to freeze to walk on and get through the red pipe (for the last coin) I've always taken a hit and lose the Ice Flower. Generally, the World 9 stages are either surprisingly easy or stupidly hard.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: January 19, 2010, 07:40:01 PM »
I'm gonna have to tackle 9-3 with friends. You know, the forced scrolling stage with all the fire-spitting Piranna Plants and Bob-Ombs. I can get the first two coins just fine, but by the time I get to the plant you're supposed to freeze to walk on and get through the red pipe (for the last coin) I've always taken a hit and lose the Ice Flower. Generally, the World 9 stages are either surprisingly easy or stupidly hard.

spoilers dude! I've only beaten 9/1+2 :P

Looking back, i can see how W9 levels can be a pain with multiple players, because i did have trouble getting past 9-1 with my gf playing.. but then again, if i had a more experienced player and we coordinated, or basically just made sure not to screw eachothers jumps up, it'd be easy to do.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: January 19, 2010, 08:28:52 PM »
9-3 is another stage easier with multiple people, but only if the other person has any idea what he/she's doing.  It's very easy to die on 9-3, or at least, get hit.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: May 19, 2010, 01:58:06 AM »
I finally did the 99 life trick at the end of 3-3 today. I plopped the controller down like Barry Bonds and took a heroic swig of my Target soda while I waited for my lives to add up. Passerby were not impressed and continued, unfazed, over to the DVD section.

The rubes.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.