Author Topic: House of Dead 2 & 3 to Wii  (Read 12256 times)

Offline darknight06

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: House of Dead 2 & 3 to Wii
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2008, 09:00:03 PM »
The game does have a calibration setting that lets you aim without the recticle like Ghost Squad.  However, it's supposed to be an improved, more accurate setup than GS.

Graphics, I don't see what people are fussing about, looks about the same to me.  I don't expect it to look exactly the same anyway, afterall in the case of HoTD3 it is being converted from nVidia shader model 1 to Wii's TEV units.  From what I understand it actually runs 60fps like it's supposed to, though that could be attributed to not having the physics engine that GS used.

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2008, 09:45:47 PM »
The only review I found was IGN.  I don't understand how $30 is too much for two arcade games?  It seems they have the impression that everyone has a Dreamcast, Xbox, or a still functioning arcade to play them instead.  (I have none)  I'm still holding off to purchase until I read impressions from some where else (hopefully someone on this forum).  Plus I'm still deeply into Brawl.
Life is good

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2008, 02:31:14 AM »
If $30 is too much for HOTD, then $60 is too much for the PS3 version of The Orange Box.  I do like the fact that magazines are complaining that $30 is too much for a video game, though.  Thank you, Nintendo.
Not just flowers,I love them all like weeds and     veget
able.

I want to do garden forever.

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2008, 08:45:55 PM »
Me and my sister used to play House of the Dead 2 in the arcades alot so I think I will be getting this game for sure.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2008, 08:48:09 PM »
Me and my sister used to play House of the Dead 2 in the arcades alot so I think I will be getting this game for sure.
Now who let you back in?
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2008, 10:12:45 AM »
Now who let you back in?

It's all Shifty's fault.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2008, 02:36:37 PM »
I probably should buy this game at $30... but... *sigh* I'm trying to be more fiscally responsible.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2008, 09:31:29 PM »
Is there anyone playing anything BUT Brawl right now? Who gives a sh*t about other games when everyone *the best game ever is out there waiting to be picked up?

*This is subjective and may vary from person to person
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2008, 10:18:35 PM »
I really want this game, but with Brawl, I just don't have the time yet.  I'm sure it'll still be around in a couple weeks when I can actually enjoy it.
Life is good

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2008, 10:22:55 PM »
I really want this game, but with Brawl, I just don't have the time yet.  I'm sure it'll still be around in a couple weeks when I can actually enjoy it.

Yeah, weeks...Good luck with that.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2008, 12:24:27 PM »
I promise I will get Brawl I mean I really will, but I don't have time for it or money right now, but a short, $30 game is a lot easier to justify under my current circumstances.

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2008, 01:21:49 PM »
If people are planing to get it they should buy it even if they know their not going to get to it for a bit.

I don't know what developers are think when they release a game so close to Smash Bros. But if we don't continue to support 3rd parties even with Smash out it might push them away from Nintendo again.

I'm going to be picking it up if we still have a copy at the store.

Come on people Support 3rd Parties!!!!
"Alright, you know what? I'm just giving in and looking at the breasts."
Crow ~ MST3K
<BR>-- I like my food like I like my women Chinese, Japaneses, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and Hot! --

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2008, 01:53:05 PM »
ahahaahah dream on

with Smash Bros. out, 3rd parties won't hesitate to abandon ship.  If fact, even 1st party titles other than Smash will drop off with a thud.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline darknight06

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2008, 05:12:55 PM »
Third parties support themselves, damn I miss the days crap like this didn't matter.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2008, 05:15:01 PM »
Third parties support themselves, damn I miss the days crap like this didn't matter.

what was different that made that not possible now? Just competition? I'm authentically curious.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2008, 07:45:33 PM »
If people are planing to get it they should buy it even if they know their not going to get to it for a bit.

I don't know what developers are think when they release a game so close to Smash Bros. But if we don't continue to support 3rd parties even with Smash out it might push them away from Nintendo again.

I'm going to be picking it up if we still have a copy at the store.

I'm right there with you CapAmerica! Supoort third parties!

Actually, despite my very drastic cuts in my third-party budget, I've still got a very full third-party dance card for this month. It sorta pains me that I can't bring myself to buy this tasty tasty $30 treat, but in the month of March I'm already committed to multiple third party games, including Okami and FF:CC RoF.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2008, 09:19:42 PM »
Kairon you do know that Okami comes out in April right? HOD came in the mail today and its pretty cool, I tried it with the Zapper and Wii remote and both function well but I like using the Zapper for the light gun feel (I can't justify myself to buy the Nyko lightgun since 15 bucks is too much for it). The calibration is awesome if you were wondering.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2008, 09:47:55 PM »
Kairon you do know that Okami comes out in April right? HOD came in the mail today and its pretty cool, I tried it with the Zapper and Wii remote and both function well but I like using the Zapper for the light gun feel (I can't justify myself to buy the Nyko lightgun since 15 bucks is too much for it). The calibration is awesome if you were wondering.

Yeah, believe me, House of the Dead 2 & 3 are right at the top of my "Wish I could buy list." But I've got my budget mapped out till the end of June and I really can't afford this game if I'm going to do the other stuff that I want to do in that time.

But... maybe I can convince my younger brother to buy the game. I bought Ghost Squad, maybe he'll reciprocate by purchasing this one for the two of us.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2008, 11:06:27 PM »

There's a problem with that, Cap. This is NWR we are talking about. Most people here would prefer their teeth pulled by a 4 year old using a rusty hammer than play a third party game on the Wii, no matter how fantastic it is... :P
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 11:12:05 PM by pap64 »
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2008, 11:30:19 PM »

Yeah, believe me, House of the Dead 2 & 3 are right at the top of my "Wish I could buy list." But I've got my budget mapped out till the end of June and I really can't afford this game if I'm going to do the other stuff that I want to do in that time.

But... maybe I can convince my younger brother to buy the game. I bought Ghost Squad, maybe he'll reciprocate by purchasing this one for the two of us.

You can always go cheapassgamer mode and wait till the 3rd party games get cheaper and then snatch those games then. I got Ghost Squad when it was 19.99 on Amazon. It will help out your budget in the long run. And plus I think you usually go buyer happy on games so maybe its a good time to sift through that backlog that you potentially built up :).
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2008, 11:40:17 PM »
You can always go cheapassgamer mode and wait till the 3rd party games get cheaper and then snatch those games then. I got Ghost Squad when it was 19.99 on Amazon. It will help out your budget in the long run. And plus I think you usually go buyer happy on games so maybe its a good time to sift through that backlog that you potentially built up :).

Haha. What's this I hear? Reason? Gaaaaaarrrnnn.

Offline darknight06

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2008, 10:00:36 PM »
Run a few of these "fantastic" games by and I'll respond to them accordingly.

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2008, 11:54:54 PM »
You could also sign up for Amazon Associates and then earn free credits to buy games latter on, that's the only way I spend money on Amazon. You do have a blog or something that people read don't you?

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2008, 02:49:29 AM »
You could also sign up for Amazon Associates and then earn free credits to buy games latter on, that's the only way I spend money on Amazon. You do have a blog or something that people read don't you?

No, I hates the internet.

Seriously though, I'll figure out a way to buy this game. Just uh... I'll have to think laterally a bit. Like begging my brother.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2008, 03:00:03 PM »
Confirmed: House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return kicks ass. I got it the other day, it's very nice to be able to play these games as they were meant (basically anyway) to be played again.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA