Author Topic: Nintendo is sitting on a rpg goldmine/power house  (Read 8256 times)

Offline Jessmo26

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Nintendo is sitting on a rpg goldmine/power house
« on: April 24, 2004, 11:38:14 AM »
THink about this for a second Nintendo has access to they need these On GC

1# Fire emblem which there now doing Kudos

2# faxxanadu one of the better forgotten franchises Of Nintedno

3# Earth bound Gc really could use this

4# golden sun I want a mature and graphically impressive GS on the GC

5# retros Unfinished raven blade (would make a Nice faxxanadu remake)

6# Beg someone to make another act raiser (the ultimate snes RPG)

8# star tropics

9# FF: CC I dont mind the Kiddy games but there are already enough on the system I want a mature and techinally please FF:CC Like FF:CC meets FF 8

Gc should carve out a hard core rpg gamer Niche

John 3:16

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
RE:Nintendo is sitting on a rpg goldmine/power house
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2004, 12:19:39 PM »
I really think they could use a #7 before they get around to #8 or #9  

Offline Syl

• O_o
    • View Profile
RE: Nintendo is sitting on a rpg goldmine/power house
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2004, 12:29:29 PM »
I really dislike your use of the word "kiddy" and "mature" but, whatever excuse you would like.

Fire emblem, they have more fire emblem games than most people realize, I hope this one makes it to america.

Never played Faxxanundo, can't comment on it.

Mother 3 is currently in devolopement for the GBA.

Golden Sun is NOT a nintendo franchise, its purely owned and made by camelot.  Likewise, the rumors stated an "Golden Sun" for the gamecube.

Raven Blade was an RPG?  I was under the impression it was an action game.

Act Raiser is a square franchise, and a very strange one at that.

Never played a Star Tropics either, constantly hear good things about it.

FFCC, i don't really understand what you were trying to argue with this.  But, Odds are square will have another cube game shown at E3, though i'm not sure what type of game it will be.

Likewise, you already forgot the RPG's that *ARE* coming out for cube later this year.

Paper Mario 2.

Baiten Kaitos: new, original Namco RPG

Tales of Symphonia: also made by namco... part of an incredibly popular franchise in japan, that never really got the acceptance over here.

Pokemon, as well, would be a great game to finally bring to the next generation, but I'm under the impression nintendo wants to keep the "pocket" aspect of the game.

Offline Krazie26

• The Wandering Nintendork
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2004, 12:34:29 PM »
Just because the Nintendo doesn't have the big RPG series, like Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, and such, does not mean that they wont have some awesome RPG's coming up. It seems to me that your under the impression that Nintendo has no good RPG's coming out, or planned, and that the only ones you wanna see are ones that aren't gonna happen.

Offline Draygaia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2004, 04:37:51 PM »
What happen to thos RPG companies nintendo makes?  Its like they dissapeared or something.
www.chickenpatrol.com  Don't just eat meat.  Eat chicken.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2004, 05:16:55 PM »
Genius Sonority just finished Colosseum...Camelot will eventually reveal their Golden Sun Sequel...As for Brownie Brown and Skip LTD, who knows?
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2004, 06:03:07 PM »
Basically put it this way PS2 has most of the popular Jpn RPGs for the systems and some obscure ones (Disgaea, La Pucelle Tatics,Culdcept),  Cube has some Jpn moderately popular and some popular franchise RPGs  and obsure ones(Lost kingdoms) as well,   Xbox is all about the PC RPGs (Morrowind, KOTOR, Arx Fatalis).

Edit: Changed the abv. for Japanese so it  would not be offending people sorry about that.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2004, 06:06:43 PM »
say japanese or jpn please that is not an appropriate abbrieviation.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2004, 06:24:25 PM »

Originally posted by: Jessmo26

2# faxxanadu one of the better forgotten franchises Of Nintedno

It's spelled 'Faxanadu' - I have the game and also vividly remember the related episode of Captain N.

For you guys who haven't played it, it's pretty cool. Now that damned catchy tune is stick in my head again. :S

Offline NeonDestruction

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2004, 06:29:38 PM »
Could someone tell me exactly what faxxanadu is?  I searched on yahoo and couldn't find any matches for it.  I'm just a little curious and was just wondering if Nintendo actually made the game themselves.

Edit: Well since I now know their is only one x in the name, I found a fansite for the game.  The game was made by Falcolm and published by Hudson Soft it seems (I'm not exactly sure), so Nintendo cannot dig it up from the videogame graveyard themselves.

Offline Syl

• O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2004, 06:30:14 PM »

Originally posted by: Bill
Genius Sonority just finished Colosseum...Camelot will eventually reveal their Golden Sun Sequel...As for Brownie Brown and Skip LTD, who knows?

As i stated above, Camelot is *NOT* a second party, They are free to develope for anyone, even though im sure having mario character franchises is restricing that at the moment, nor do i think they want to develope for anyone.

Brownie brown just finished the remake of Seiken Dententsu (sword of mana) so, perhaps, they could be working on remaking secret of mana.  Hopefully, better source material will make for a better remake.  I'm also curious that magical vacation never came out here.

Skip?  have they made anything at all? O_o;
...who made Giftpia?  

Intelligent Systems, however, has been raking in the cash, which is a good thing.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2004, 06:49:39 PM »
"As i stated above, Camelot is *NOT* a second party"

And where did I say that they were?  Considering that Golden Sun is on the GBA, it would make logical sense that a sequel will be on a Nintendo system...And also adding the fact that Nintendo and Camelot are bunkmates, it was silly to even bring up the point...

And Skip made Giftpia...

Offline Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2004, 07:58:58 PM »
Well, right now if you want RPGs I would recommend a great title known as Skies of Arcadia legends, I picked this game up a couple days ago because I've heard so much about it on these boards. The great part is that it only set me back like $22(tax included), but now that I've played it I would have paid 50, its really good. Its a great game and I recommend it to all.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2004, 12:56:01 AM »
Every game is a role playing game.

Offline Gremio

• Pikmin Spores of Agony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2004, 01:29:29 AM »
An Earthbound for Gamecube would be great.

Isn't Camelot the same team that made the Shining Force games on Sega systems in past days? I'd LOVE to see a Shining Force game on the Gamecube.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2004, 02:52:49 AM »

Originally posted by: Infernal Monkey
Every game is a role playing game.

Yeah. In every game, you take the role of some fictional character
When I was younger, I never understood why people called some games 'role playing games' and others not.

They should just called em 'Turn-based action/adventure/fantasy/fighting/strategy games', but then the abbreviation would be pretty nasty hahahha.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline SearanoX

• Supreme Hooligan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2004, 06:02:24 AM »

Originally posted by: Termin8Anakin
They should just called em 'Turn-based action/adventure/fantasy/fighting/strategy games', but then the abbreviation would be pretty nasty hahahha.

Are you sure?  TBAAFFSG...I like the sound of that.  Has a nice ring to it, kind of in the vein of MMORPG.  

Anyway, Jessmo26, from what I can tell, you essentially want the GameCube to have a lot of RPGs.  However, you're ignoring the fact that there are around three or four high-budget and highly-rated titles that are coming out this year (Paper Mario 2, Baiten Kaitos, Fire Emblem, and Tales of Symphonia come to mind), ones which are either GCN exclusive, or are coming out first on the GCN.  Why not focus on those games rather than the ones that are coming out rather than the ones that aren't?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2004, 06:15:51 AM »

Originally posted by: Gremio
Isn't Camelot the same team that made the Shining Force games on Sega systems in past days? I'd LOVE to see a Shining Force game on the Gamecube.

Yep, they did the three Saturn games...

And while I'd love to see a 3d version of Earthbound, HAL isn't very good using a 3d engine...That's why they canned Mother 3 on the 64 in the first place... :\

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2004, 06:45:47 AM »

Technically that wasn't Camelot, I believe- it was a company called Sonic Co., which was headed by the Takahashi brothers, who later on did go to create Camelot. That means Camelot doesn't own the rights to Shining Force, Sega does (as is evident with Shining Soul 1 and 2 and the remakes of Shining Force 1 and 2 on the GBA). So don't get your hopes up for Shining Force coming to the Gamecube, at least not from Camelot.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Terranigma Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2004, 06:45:57 AM »
Intelligent Systems is the one not good with 3D. Hal had plenty of experiencemaking games for N64 and GC. I would rather have Earthbound on GC as well.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2004, 06:46:12 AM »
Grrrrrrrrrr- stupid internet. sorry about the double post.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2004, 06:55:59 AM »

Originally posted by: Terranigma Freak
Intelligent Systems is the one not good with 3D. Hal had plenty of experiencemaking games for N64 and GC. I would rather have Earthbound on GC as well.

Notice that most of HAL's games on the 64 and GC have been 2d-plane games...(SSB and Kirby)  They are getting better, but apparently not good enough yet...  

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2004, 06:58:38 AM »
HAL made Kirby's Air Ride, and although there's nothing pretty at all about that game, it is in full 3D.  

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2004, 07:00:04 AM »
"Notice that most of HAL's games on the 64 and GC have been 2d-plane games...(SSB and Kirby) They are getting better, but apparently not good enough yet..."

Offline Syl

• O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2004, 07:02:59 AM »
Someone on the previous page mentioned shining force, then said it was being remade as shining soul.

Shining Force is an intirely different game from shining soul, and both of them are coming out for the GBA in remake form.  I'm thinking that Shining Soul II  is actually mostly original.. either way, I'm planning on buying it.