Author Topic: Wishing...  (Read 2668 times)

Offline bmmontfort

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Wishing...
« on: December 30, 2006, 03:25:33 PM »
I was playing Wii bowling last night with my family and we had a great time. They aren't the type of people who play video games in the first place but they really like the Wii. Anyway, while we were playing bowling my dad said it would be nice if we could play music with the Wii while we were playing... I guess it would be nice if Nintendo took a page out of Microsoft's playbook and added a music channel and allowed us to store music on the Wii and pull it into the games, much like Excite Truck...

Anyway, here's wishing...

Offline D_MaN87

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Wishing...
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 04:14:45 PM »
I think there is a small chance (but a chance still) of a music channel coming.  I mean adding a channel won't take any work, and the Wii already supports MP3's, so why not give the users who are willing to a chance to play mp3's from their SD cards.  I can see it down the line.  The Media center x mentioned here is a substitute (once they add in the music feature).
Wii Number: 1080 3358 2033 2880
FF3 Number: 2620 7985 5351
Diddy Kong Racing DS: 0688 1563 4718

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
RE: Wishing...
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 06:00:03 PM »
Just wanted to mention that custom soundtracks on Excite Truck = excellence. Listening to Trivium instead of the crap in-game music makes for a more fun experience. I think any game that uses "music-music" should support custom soundtracks.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 02:43:56 AM »
Yeah, every game should support custom soundtracks.  Perhaps when the Wii gets its music channel more games will start to support it....
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 09:53:27 AM »
But with only 512 MB of built-i memory, the capabilities of a Music channel will either be limited or heavily dependent on SD cards... if such a channel is ever released. *sigh* Yeah... wishful thinking...

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 10:04:44 AM »

Originally posted by: KnowsNothing
Yeah, every game should support custom soundtracks.

I say it depends on the title. With a game like Zelda, for example, I think a custom soundtrack feature is not needed.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 10:25:53 AM »
I would never use a custom soundtrack in Zelda, but perhaps some people would *shrug*

Really, custom soundtracks should work like it does in the 360; a standard system that's built into the console and can be used in every game.  A firmware update can enable the Wii to do this.  I don't know if it'd be usable in a preexisting game that's not coded to support the feature (it might be), but if it can't then just add the support for all future games.  It'd be painfully easy to incorporate into a game, so why not?
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 08:24:07 PM »
Being able to use music off of an iPod would go hand in hand with my theory about an iTunes Wii Channel...
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Rancid Planet

• Hobo pill hypnotizes over the internet
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2007, 10:36:07 PM »
I don't really care about game music THAT much. If it's great and atmospheric then super, I'll turn it up a notch. If it sucks hard then I just turn down the volume a tad. Or turn something else on. My stereo, the blender, whatever.