Author Topic: Pokemon R/S/?  (Read 17430 times)

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Pokemon R/S/?
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2003, 04:05:18 PM »

Originally posted by: "Sky"
I have a question... is the move deleter back so I can delete those HM moves later on?

Not exactly sure what you mean, but if you have four moves and learn another, you have to decide which move to delete.

Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline "Sky"

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Pokemon R/S/?
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2003, 04:30:31 PM »
I mean that in Gold and Silver there was a move deleter person in Blackthorne (is that spelled correctly?) City who deletes any move you currently have, including HM moves. I'm just wondering whether or not there's that type of person back again.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Pokemon R/S/?
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2003, 10:09:39 PM »
DAMN! Its so hard reading about this game knowing i wont be able to get it until...... 2 weeks Damn Nintendo Australia...

So far, this is sounding like my dream game.

Offline AJL221893

• View Profile
Pokemon R/S/?
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2003, 05:27:48 AM »
I have some questions again.
Possible spoilers
What would i have to do to breed pokemon to get one of the original 3 pokemon from the begining? and when they say 200 steps to hatch an egg, can it be on a bike?  Sometimes i hear a pokemon's cry when i'm walking. what is it? can i find it or something, or is it just a glitch?
Animal Crossing info:
Name: (space)Adam
Town: Animtown

Do YOU want a cookie?

Offline Chris150

• View Profile
Pokemon R/S/?
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2003, 07:57:44 AM »
I just caught Rayquaza in Ruby, wasn't that difficult really. I had a harder time with the Elite 4, mostly cuz I was too poor to afford Full Restores and Revives.  I really miss my Mewtwo... Not cuz he's strong, just cuz he's my favorite. I hardly use him actually.

For the Move Deleter...He's in there, in Littlecove i think.  
AC Info:
Town: PsiWater
Name: Chris(space before the C)

Offline "Sky"

• View Profile
Pokemon R/S/?
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2003, 09:21:34 AM »

Originally posted by: Chris150

For the Move Deleter...He's in there, in Littlecove i think.

K, thanks

I'm up to the 3rd gym now

Offline Mexicanese

• View Profile
Pokemon R/S/?
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2003, 09:44:47 AM »

DAMN! Its so hard reading about this game knowing i wont be able to get it until...... 2 weeks  Damn Nintendo Australia...

So far, this is sounding like my dream game.

me too.  I live in US though.  But those $35 sound like a fortune.  So far I've got $1.50, and that was cuz im lucky (I don't get money for doing other people's math homework everyday).

Plus I owe this one chick $10.  I need a fricken' job

Offline Chris150

• View Profile
Pokemon R/S/?
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2003, 12:48:28 PM »
***SPOILERS***

I'm having the hardest time trying to catch Ragirock (or however you spell it). Anyone have any tips for catching it?

EDIT: Never mind, caught him already.
AC Info:

Offline AJL221893

• View Profile
Pokemon R/S/?
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2003, 11:42:31 AM »
I have a question about the move guy. I think i heard that he can teach u'r pokemon a move that it would only get before u catch it or something. Anyways, i have a torchic and it learns flame thrower at like level 43 or something. But if i let it evolve, according to the move chart, it won't be able to learn flame thrower. So if i do let it evolve and it reaches level 43, will i be able to take it to the move deleter or learner guy and have it learn flame thrower? I need an answer ASAP, if you know. Thanks.
Animal Crossing info:

Do YOU want a cookie?

Offline Chris150

• View Profile
Pokemon R/S/?
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2003, 12:07:19 PM »
Well.....There is TM 35, Flamethrower.... You can get it at the Gamecorner in Mauville...

Has anyone heard about a pokemon names Deoxys? I really want him but i havn't the slightest idea as to how to catch him. Does anyone know where to get him?
AC Info:

Offline AJL221893

• View Profile
Pokemon R/S/?
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2003, 03:49:11 PM »
Well i still have the same problem with my mudkip and treecko. Right now they're both level 23, and waiting for my command to evolve, but i don't wanna let them cuz then they won't be able to learn hydro pump and giga drain.
Animal Crossing info:

Do YOU want a cookie?

Offline Chris150

• View Profile
Pokemon R/S/?
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2003, 03:53:42 PM »
IMO surf it better that hydro pump and a Grouden/Sceptile(fully evolved trecko) armed with solarbeam combo works very nicely. Oh, and Giga Drain is a TM also, forgot which number though.
AC Info:

Offline AJL221893

• View Profile
Pokemon R/S/?
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2003, 01:05:40 AM »
How do you get solar beam for treecko? Does he naturally get it, or does he have to use a TM? And do u know of a good site for a list of which TM's are what and when pokemon learn what moves and when they evolve and stuff? (can't find a strategy guide )
Animal Crossing info:

Do YOU want a cookie?

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
Pokemon R/S/?
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2003, 09:16:52 AM »
Hey Folks,

For any gameplay questions, let's move on over to the Gameplay Help forums.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Harmonix

• View Profile
Pokemon R/S/?
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2003, 09:26:48 AM »
www.gamefaqs.com has everything, has a walkthrough +cheats + EVERYTHING

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
Pokemon R/S/?
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2003, 09:29:45 AM »
I think that's absolutely common knowledge Harmonix.  Our Gameplay Help area is for people who choose not to use GameFAQs for fear of spoilers or other reasons.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
Pokemon R/S/?
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2003, 08:18:21 PM »
ok i am sure by this page the topic has veered, but i just wanna say, i am praying for a Emerald release.  I really am i did it.  Not since Blue have i had THISSSS much fun.  It is more than one game can sustain.  I am already desperately craving more.
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline AJL221893

• View Profile
Pokemon R/S/?
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2003, 01:21:40 AM »
Sorry for talking about game play. Anyways, I really love the game too. I already put 30 hours into it, and am playing it almost nonstop whenever i have the chance to. The doubts I had before about losing too many features are gone. I guess that it may have been too hard to have over 350 pokemon being able to be caught. I just hope we can get them through the gamecube game, not the cards. I don't want to have to start paying so much money for those cards again.
Animal Crossing info:

Do YOU want a cookie?

Offline AJL221893

• View Profile
Pokemon R/S/?
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2003, 06:15:23 PM »
For the other Pokemon is brilliant topic, there's already one going on. Anyways, I just wanted to say an idea i had.

Everyone knows that the GBA and the regular Gameboy color games won't work when you try to trade with each other (R/S won't work with Red/Blue or Gold/Silver). Well, with the new Pokemon game for gamecube, i think it would be a good idea for nintendo to make a feature that allows you to transfer your pokemon from previous versions(red, blue, gold, silver) onto your memory card for gamecube or something like that,      and then move those pokemon to Ruby or Sapphire. You would use the GBA to GCN link cable. Would that work? I think its a good idea, probably won't ever happen, but a good idea.
Animal Crossing info:

Do YOU want a cookie?

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
Pokemon R/S/?
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2003, 10:37:28 AM »
Hmmm...actually, that may just be the case.  Since it's been confirmed that there are Pokedex entries for all the previous characters, we know they have to be unlocked somehow.  It would be perfectly conceivable for a new Pokemon Stadium game to allow you to transfer Pokemon from R/B/Y/G/S/C to a GC Box and then to Ruby/Sapphire. Very interesting conjecture.  
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Syl

• O_o
    • View Profile
Pokemon R/S/?
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2003, 10:08:57 AM »
(lets hope i can actually visit these forums)

My ruby version currently shows a time of 111:35.

I've spent a decent amount of time on the game.. (nowhere near my 290 hours on Silver, or my 999:59 on Yellow... Yet.)

The main reason that they removed many of the old pokemon is Balance.  
This game is far more balanced than the old ones.  Psyhic are definately NOT the strongest pokemon now, considering the amount of new ghost/dark.  

I love the new pokemon, sure, i miss the old ones also (wheres my eevee =/ ) and some of the pokemon choices don't make sense to me (Why is there slugma/magcargo and not a *decent* fire type)

Im not going to stop playing the game anytime soon, mainly becuase me and my friends (over 10 people around here that have it) are already setting up a tournament for the game.  

I've been training my team up for the past 20 hours or so on the game, The elite 4 was actually *very* challenging to begin with, And the challenge level of the game definately seemed a step up from the previous versions.  

I'm a giant pokemon fan though, anyone here who remembers me would know this, I definately suggest the game.  

The new contest mode is actually *VERY* fun, and quite a bit challenging, becuase you don't know what could happen, and you have to try and think ahead.  Making pokemon purely for the contests was something I've done more than once (Smart Gardevoir, Beauty Milotic)

BTW: took me 45 hours, 33 minutes and 33 seconds to beat the elite 4 for the first time)

Offline AJL221893

• View Profile
Pokemon R/S/?
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2003, 03:27:01 PM »
I was looking over my strategy guide and started noticing something. A huge difference between ruby and sapphire compared to the older games is how Pokemon get moves. In Red and Blue, if the pokemon was a water type, it had water moves, and basically that was it. Now,in Ruby and Sapphire, I think the balance is a little thrown off because of all the available moves for pokemon. Wingull/Pelipper(a water/flying type) can learn electric attacks, making it strong against way too many other types (rock, ground, water, fire, rock, grass, fighting, bug, and flying). I used my combat chart, and all of those are weakneses to water, flying, and electric.

I could give more and more examples, like why groudon can learn a grass attack(solar beam, i know it has to do with the sun, but its GRASS, Groudon is FIRE. Complete opposites.) I guess the game was made so that pokemon could learn types of attacks that seem like they could go well with the pokemon, but they are totally different in types. The only instance of that in previous games was with Chinchou(water and electricity). I think it is used too much now. I'm not talking about having 2 different types, like ground and fighting, i'm talking about being able to learn attacks that are totally different from the type the Pokemon is, like a psyduck being able to learn Iron Tail, a steel move, just because it has a tail. I don't remember the moves being like this in previous versions, but correct me if I'm wrong.

All of that does add extra strategy that can be used, but it would annoy me if i send out a grass type pokemon to be good against a water type psyduck, but it uses a steel type move on me, totally different than the water type it is.

And what are your opinions on that thing about the possible way to get pokemon from older version that i made a couple posts ago?

Animal Crossing info:

Do YOU want a cookie?

Offline Chris150

• View Profile
Pokemon R/S/?
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2003, 06:11:42 PM »
In resposne to the person above me...

Pokemon learning moves totally different from it's type has been in all the versions dude. I seem to recall in red/blue that you could teach Rhydon surf. BTW Groudon is a ground type.
AC Info:

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
Pokemon R/S/?
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2003, 09:21:03 PM »
about the trading, i thought that is what they were gonna do but i really HOPE NOT.

why you say...
I want to catch them in a new adventure which could be the cube version.  I really want to catch pokemon on the cube.  I magine the cool effects of capturing one.  It would be so rewarding in 3d.  I think, since you need R/S it should have 3d versions of kanto and johto where you character can go to.  That way you could even trade from old games and still have the 3d adventure.  Either way i want to walk around as a trainer and watch the battles in a field instead of a repetive background like the stadiums.  

LOVE the mini-games though.
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no