Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Online Application Now Live  (Read 1243 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Nintendo Switch Online Application Now Live
« on: July 18, 2017, 02:59:00 PM »

Can't use it quite yet, though.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/45012/nintendo-switch-online-application-now-live

The Nintendo Switch Online application can be downloaded now, though it is currently in a maintenance mode until Splatoon 2 launches.

Android and iOS stores in the United States, Canada, Australia, Japan and Europe have all confirmed the app's availability. Launching the app right after its release showed the server "under maintenance" with a 2816-0700 error code.

Nintendo has an online FAQ page which confirm the app will only work with Splatoon 2 for now, and that use of other phone apps will cause the Nintendo app to disconnect.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Switch Online Application Now Live
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 10:48:30 AM »
You can't multitask at all while using the app. You can't even lock your phone. Nintendo fully intends for you to only use their app while you're in a session, completely ignorant to how people use their phones in 2017.

Wasn't DeNa supposed to avoid things like this from happening?
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Switch Online Application Now Live
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 08:21:27 PM »
Geez, you search for Nintendo Switch in the Google Play store, and Nintendo Switch Online shows up like 37 down the list.