Author Topic: Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion Delayed to June  (Read 1452 times)

Offline the_dan_x

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Next Door Gamer
Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion Delayed to June
« on: May 06, 2011, 12:30:43 PM »

The Cartoon Network brawler will miss its May target.  

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/26248

Crave Entertainment announced today that the upcoming 3DS brawler, Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion, is being delayed to a June 21 release and will retail for $39.99. The title, which is very similar to Nintendo's own Super Smash Bros., was originally scheduled for a May North American release.

Danny Bivens
Japan Correspondent
Nintendo World Report

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion Delayed to June
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 01:44:06 PM »
Should read "was originally scheduled for May North American release" when 50 billion other fighters where coming out.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 06:06:19 PM »
Nintendo Power already reviewed this game, and it did not get a great score. 

Before you go saying "Well, of course, Nintendo Power, they just piss love over anything Nintendo..." I would remind that it gave SMG2 a 9.0, where many others gave it a 10.  In fact, it tends to review games on the low side.

BTW, Dimensions got a 9. 
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 06:43:46 PM »
Nintendo Power's Nintendo bias became far less evident when Nintendo stopped owning them. They are a legitimate and honorable news and review source now, and have been for years.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 07:04:43 PM »
Even toward the end of Nintendo's ownership they were that way. If Nintendo had any hand in editorial content there's no way they'd have called Resident Evil 4 the second-best game ever on Nintendo systems in the 200th issue.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 11:56:10 PM »
I was quite surprised by that. I mean, I've never played Resident Evil 4, but second place? Out of every game on every Nintendo system to that point? Really?

Offline Nemo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011, 04:00:08 AM »
I'm not surprised by that. Resident Evil 4 is the only game in the last 10 years that I've beaten 5+ times. I used to do that all the time with NES, SNES and N64 games, but many of them were very short to beat and I also had tons of free time back then. For me, it's got the replayability, the graphics/sound, the controls (especially on Wii), it's a mature title in all senses. For me, it's the complete package.
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net