Author Topic: Insanolord's Political Soapbox  (Read 1172 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Insanolord's Political Soapbox
« on: October 30, 2018, 02:29:55 AM »
Come on Insanolord. I just know you have something to get off your chest. Lets hear it.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Insanolord's Political Soapbox
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 04:11:42 AM »
They banned certain types of soapboxes here because they were measuring higher phosphates in the river, even though waste water goes through the water treatment plant. Of course, the river samples measured a different kind of phosphates than what was in the soap itself, but why let logic enter into the equation! Politics, am I right?

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
Re: Insanolord's Political Soapbox
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 09:22:38 AM »
The Facebook political arguing finally hit home for me yesterday.  My aunt shared a Facebook post that's a clear copy/paste of lies about a "25 year old mother of 8 anchor babies" and how the government supposedly pays parents of them $1500/month.

I very politely, carefully provided evidence that it wasn't true, and thankfully she accepted my response at face value, but then two of my uncles responded after me and just excoriated her for sharing it and propelling orange man's agenda.  One of them went so far as to say "you were raised better than this"!

I gotta say, in recent years, I've come to appreciate the forums here as a safe haven from actual political discussion.  In a time where it's injected almost everywhere, it's nice to be able to come here and know it's outright not tolerated and people focus on our shared interests.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 09:26:34 AM by lolmonade »