Author Topic: About: The Funhouse  (Read 9078 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
About: The Funhouse
« on: November 16, 2013, 11:43:23 PM »
It seems there is some confusion about what the Funhouse is and how it works.  I know most of you have been around long enough that you understand how things work, but there are some folks that are completely oblivious to the design of the Funhouse and I want to make sure it's clear and there's no misunderstandings.

Basically, it's an "almost anything goes" forum.  Granted, there's still some base rules (but even then, there's some common limits), but, all-in-all, folks get a little more lee-way in what is allowed here.

With that said, sometimes, mods and admins may tinker with your posts in the Funhouse.  This is always meant to be in good fun (thus, Funhouse) and will ALWAYS be limited to the Funhouse.

The Funhouse is meant to be a place for users to kick back and have fun.  Don't take it to seriously.  If you want serious posts, then stick to the other forums - there are some folks around here who do that and no one thinks any less of them.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: About: The Funhouse
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 12:27:18 AM »
 :confused;              :confused;       :confused;              :confused;       :confused;              :confused;         :confused; :confused; :confused;
 :confused;              :confused;       :confused;              :confused;       :confused;              :confused;       :confused;          :confused;
 :confused; :confused; :confused; :confused; :confused;       :confused;              :confused;       :confused; :confused; :confused; :confused; :confused;              :confused; :confused;
 :confused;              :confused;       :confused;              :confused;       :confused;              :confused;              :confused;
 :confused;              :confused;       :confused; :confused; :confused; :confused; :confused;       :confused;              :confused;              :confused;
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 12:33:24 AM »
Oblivious...?

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 12:34:38 AM »
The thing is, that wasn't limited to just the funhouse.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 12:45:30 AM »
The thing is, that wasn't limited to just the funhouse.

Example?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 12:50:24 AM »
Pretty sure he's still pissed that someone messed with his username, which *technically* applies outside of the Funhouse.
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 12:57:02 AM »
If that's the case then he should A.) read the OP, where it specifically calls out tinkering with posts and B.) build a bridge and get over it. You can't mess with someone's username, then get mad when someone does the exact same thing back to you.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 05:00:58 AM »
If that's the case then he should A.) read the OP, where it specifically calls out tinkering with posts and B.) build a bridge and get over it. You can't mess with someone's username, then get mad when someone does the exact same thing back to you.

I called someone a different name in a post. An admin, with power, CHANGED my name, which applies outside of the funhouse and means more than your fucking OP.

Big fucking difference there.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 09:20:19 AM »
:confused;              :confused;       :confused;              :confused;       :confused;              :confused;         :confused; :confused; :confused;
 :confused;              :confused;       :confused;              :confused;       :confused;              :confused;       :confused;          :confused;
 :confused; :confused; :confused; :confused; :confused;       :confused;              :confused;       :confused; :confused; :confused; :confused; :confused;              :confused; :confused;
 :confused;              :confused;       :confused;              :confused;       :confused;              :confused;              :confused;
 :confused;              :confused;       :confused; :confused; :confused; :confused; :confused;       :confused;              :confused;              :confused;

A hin D?
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2013, 10:48:14 AM »
:moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface::moonface:
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2013, 10:54:30 AM »

I called someone a different name in a post. An admin, with power, CHANGED my name, which applies outside of the funhouse and means more than your fucking OP.

Multiple posts.  And you did so outside the Funhouse as well.  And, again, re-read the OP, it very clearly talks about posts and does not talk about user names, titles, etc.

Here's the deal though - I've been on some forums where disrespectfully calling someone by a "version" of their name was considered flaming and could get you moderated.  Considering you *just* got a warning, I'd say giving you a little taste of your own medicine was pretty justified.  Alternatively, you could have been given yet another warning which, at some point, is going to lead to you joining TJ Spyke in the "I got perma-banned from NWR Club".  There's not many people in that club.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2013, 12:38:03 PM »
That's a hard club to get into. It's hard to even get banned around here, so a perma-ban is certainly an accomplishment.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2013, 12:43:41 PM »
Sometimes I feel like it would be fun to be as much of a tyrant as Oblivion accuses us of being. I kind if want to succumb to the dark side.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2013, 01:33:29 PM »

Multiple posts.  And you did so outside the Funhouse as well.  And, again, re-read the OP, it very clearly talks about posts and does not talk about user names, titles, etc.

Here's the deal though - I've been on some forums where disrespectfully calling someone by a "version" of their name was considered flaming and could get you moderated.  Considering you *just* got a warning, I'd say giving you a little taste of your own medicine was pretty justified.  Alternatively, you could have been given yet another warning which, at some point, is going to lead to you joining TJ Spyke in the "I got perma-banned from NWR Club".  There's not many people in that club.

So I get a name change and a threat of being "TJ Spyke'd" and pokepal gets nothing? I said it twice. Pokepal said it nine times.

You guys need some consistency.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2013, 01:35:07 PM »
I hereby declare UncleBob as faulty, and all further communicative statements are declared false and unreliable until announced otherwise by someone of a sensible funhaus-approved mindset.

Please return him to a dealership for warranty repairs. I can't do it obviously.

By reading this statement you agree to these terms which are binding until the end of human life upon this planet.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2013, 01:46:48 PM »

So I get a name change and a threat of being "TJ Spyke'd" and pokepal gets nothing? I said it twice. Pokepal said it nine times.

You guys need some consistency.

A.) You can't keep count.
B.) The perma-ban comment is in relation to your vast history of moderation.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2013, 02:23:41 PM »
The best part is it still says "oblivious" on some of the cases when he was quoted...
And I think the stogi quote is getting a bit stale
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 11:32:41 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2013, 08:04:38 PM »
That's a hard club to get into. It's hard to even get banned around here, so a perma-ban is certainly an accomplishment.
Not really, although getting a temp ban lasting more then one or two days is pretty hard

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2013, 10:17:57 PM »
Not sure what happened, but I'm concerned that, much like with other cases, there's two sides to the story and only one is getting dealt with.

Also, this.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2013, 11:31:45 PM »
I feel like we should sticky the OP somewhere

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2013, 12:33:49 PM »
I feel like we should sticky the OP somewhere

I second this.  Upon reading the OP, I was actually surprised something like this wasn't already stickied in this section of the forums.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2013, 01:01:25 PM »
I seem to recall their being something like that when the Funhouse had a different theme and rotating banners.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2013, 11:44:03 AM »
I tried to make a custom theme once. It didn't go well.

Also, the Funhouse is for serious gentlemen, such as myself.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2013, 10:01:02 PM »
Well...
1. to many moons
2. i rule
3. Uncle bob is a perfect goody two &^%& shoes get used to it
4. Don't pick on Khush
5. I FARKIN RULE!!!
and just to piss bob off...
FFFOOOCCCUUUSSS BBBLLLAAASSSTTT!!!
Made you look ****.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2013, 10:34:53 PM »
Fear of becoming at all like the NWR Funhouse is the primary reason Nintendo stuck with friend codes for as long as they did.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent