Author Topic: The Conduit  (Read 490807 times)

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: The Conduit
« Reply #2275 on: July 17, 2009, 04:01:55 AM »
185,000 at the end of July.  500,000 at the end of the year.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: July 17, 2009, 04:38:40 AM »
CoD:WaW is still selling months and months later. I think the Conduit will be okay.

Offline BwrJim!

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: July 17, 2009, 10:05:03 AM »
Hey broodwars, you forgot the 3 year expansion plan of lifetime sales 1.5 million

Offline BwrJim!

• View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: July 17, 2009, 10:06:30 AM »
As long as they dont rush a sequel the games can do well.  The conduit is a happy game and it can only lead to inspiring creations of others.. THen again, I have call of duty WAW and have not gone too far in it.. No idea what the multiplayer is like..   

doh::double post..

>:(
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 10:08:49 AM by BwrJim! »

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: July 17, 2009, 02:38:35 PM »
94k by end of July
105k by end of year
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2280 on: July 17, 2009, 02:39:56 PM »
I'm going to say 120k in June and 400k total in North America in the end.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #2281 on: July 17, 2009, 03:09:18 PM »
70K not including Whale-Mart.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: July 17, 2009, 03:29:37 PM »
I personally bought twelve hundred and forty one copies.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #2283 on: July 17, 2009, 03:49:46 PM »
70K not including Whale-Mart.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that it wasn't that NPD didn't include Wal-Mart, it was that they estimated Wal-Mart's sales based on data collected from other places.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: July 17, 2009, 04:49:13 PM »
Made it to the end of Mission 7 (the streets + subway section from the first level), though barely and with only a couple Trust Data found.  Man, that last section was a pain, where you had to fight off a seemingly-endless onslaught of drones and especially hive drones.  It took me about a dozen tries and having to exploit radiation grenades and the cover inside the tunnel but I finally got through it and it certainly was a decent level all things considered (though once again extremely dark like the Pentagon level).  I thought that was rough, but the very first room of the next level features guys who can kill you in 2-3 hits with their charge weapons, and they can seemingly spawn endlessly from all corners of the room.  Joy.  I'm tempted to use that cheat I apparently unlocked to give my weapons infinite ammo so I can go nuts on them all with the electro-grenade launcher thing and the carbonizer, but I guess I'll try to get through it "normally" first.

By the way, Destructoid has some numbers on the Conduit's first week in North America from NPD: 72,000.  Not as bad as I suspected it could be.

http://www.destructoid.com/the-conduit-sells-under-72k-in-us-during-june-140205.phtml
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 08:49:02 PM by broodwars »

Offline BwrJim!

• View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: July 17, 2009, 07:49:16 PM »
please see matchmaking.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: July 17, 2009, 08:47:45 PM »
I doubt I'll ever finish the solo game. I just get too frustrated by the constant enemy spawning areas. Where I'm at now I'm low on ammo due to killing those guys over & over before finding where they were spawning from.

----------------
Now playing: Andre Matos - Suitcase
via FoxyTunes
Mission...complete?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: July 17, 2009, 10:49:48 PM »
Yeah, the single player gets tough in spots. I did turn the difficulty level down at one part.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: July 17, 2009, 11:40:09 PM »
Yeah, the single player gets tough in spots. I did turn the difficulty level down at one part.

Yeah, I had to have the difficulty level cranked down to Low for the last two missions just so I wasn't pulling my hair out and throwing my controller at the nearest breakable object.  I just got tired of continually dying because there are 30 of them, 1 of me, and they continually respawn until you can fight your way to the switch that turns off their spawn point.  That seems to be the only way the Conduit knows how to make things difficult: just keep throwing more and more enemies at the player.  No strategy, no tactics, just sheer numbers.  Bleh.  Anyway, the singleplayer's done and I'm never doing that again.  It had its moments, but for most of the campaign it felt like Gauntlet mixed with Doom and random episodes of the X-Files, inducing just an overall feeling that I just didn't care about anything that was going on.  Hopefully, multiplayer makes up for the incredibly lacking singleplayer or this sucker's getting used as trade-bait for the Prime trilogy.

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: July 18, 2009, 12:16:40 AM »
I'll come back to the single player campaign to get all the messages and Trust disks. Its not that bad, it....just is. HVS sold the concept, hopefully the inevitable sequel, as well as future projects will build upon it.

I hope Nintendo and HVS get rid of all the hackers.

Its a shame they can't (legally) patch this, just to keep the 1337ers on their toes at the least. Can HVS/Sega/Nintendo do server-side upgrades?

Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: July 18, 2009, 01:48:19 AM »
Nope, multiplayer sucks too.  I've been through 4 matches now, and either I was either on the side of or against hackers or it's just not very fun.  The first game was alright, a game of capture-the-ASE where my team beat the snot out of the other team, but apparently the other team got lost and didn't realize that the only area of the map that mattered was the middle area where both teams' ASEs were.  We rarely ran into each other.  The second game, same idea, only 1 team (mine) ever got the ASE back to their base (once) on the Pentagon stage.  The other team decided to just base-guard and never made a serious attempt for our ASE, so they never even had a chance to score a point.  The third game I swear the other team were hackers or something, because we started out 3-on-3 with single ASE with close-quarters combat.  Suddenly, the game became 4-on-2 (with me being on the "2" side) and apparently every player on the opposing team started with the carbonizer.  Amusingly, neither team still won the match.

Then we have this last time, a bounty match where I spawned right from the outset of the game into a wall.  I can't move, I can't shoot, I can't quit, nothing.  I get to look at a cloud texture for the next 15 minutes.  Oh yay.  This game's going back to GS for trade-in credit very soon indeed...

Oh, and by the way twice now I've spawned into a match that apparently started "before" anyone joined, because the computer announced who was winning during the spawning process.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: July 18, 2009, 02:35:15 AM »
Yeah there are...issues.

A lot of that sounds like just bad players. I've seen a lot of matches where other players apparently have no idea what type of match they're in or are simply ignoring the rules. I've lost points in Bounty Hunter more than once by killing someone that was shooting at me thinking I was his bounty.

Also sometimes when a team seems to be losing players will drop in the middle of the match. Worst I had it was a 2 on 6 when the other team's lead was widening.
Mission...complete?

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: July 18, 2009, 02:39:18 AM »
Also, is it just me or does the score counter just not work online most of the time?  In 3 of the now-5 games I've played, the score counter never updated from its initial amount. It made trying to figure out who was ahead rather...difficult.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: July 18, 2009, 04:17:19 AM »
It always announces that, even when you just start. Every match online I've played has started by saying I'm in the lead. I figured everyone got that as everyone starts at zero.

I didn't have much issue with the spawning enemies, honestly. Maybe it's because I played the multiplayer first and got really good, but I just plow through fast, killing everyone in my path and take out the conduits -usually with grenades- then I mop up the stragglers that are left. I even went back to the one level I had trouble with before, the Jefferson Memorial one, and I breezed through that. It was one of the few levels I tried early on when I was still getting used to the game.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: July 18, 2009, 09:06:21 AM »
Nope, multiplayer sucks too.  I've been through 4 matches now, and either I was either on the side of or against hackers or it's just not very fun.  The first game was alright, a game of capture-the-ASE where my team beat the snot out of the other team, but apparently the other team got lost and didn't realize that the only area of the map that mattered was the middle area where both teams' ASEs were.  We rarely ran into each other.  The second game, same idea, only 1 team (mine) ever got the ASE back to their base (once) on the Pentagon stage.  The other team decided to just base-guard and never made a serious attempt for our ASE, so they never even had a chance to score a point.  The third game I swear the other team were hackers or something, because we started out 3-on-3 with single ASE with close-quarters combat.  Suddenly, the game became 4-on-2 (with me being on the "2" side) and apparently every player on the opposing team started with the carbonizer.  Amusingly, neither team still won the match.

Then we have this last time, a bounty match where I spawned right from the outset of the game into a wall.  I can't move, I can't shoot, I can't quit, nothing.  I get to look at a cloud texture for the next 15 minutes.  Oh yay.  This game's going back to GS for trade-in credit very soon indeed...

Oh, and by the way twice now I've spawned into a match that apparently started "before" anyone joined, because the computer announced who was winning during the spawning process.

I have had problems but as of late they went away. Have you played against forum people like myself ? what time are you usually online ??

Once you play with me and other forum people you will really enjoy it. I think you need to sit through some of the crap and than the game fixes itself . The problems have drastically decreased as I played and it was mostly front loaded so keep that in mind.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #2295 on: July 18, 2009, 09:48:07 AM »
[...] the campaign it felt like Gauntlet mixed with Doom and random episodes of the X-Files [...]

You just made this game sound like the most awesome thing to ever grace a television screen.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline bosshogx

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #2296 on: July 18, 2009, 10:14:44 AM »
Was it just me or did anyone else find the multiplayer slow compared to the single player?  I'm not sure if this was the result of lag, or just how the game was retooled to handle the extra characters and such.
www.mondaynightcrew.com
A video game webcomic that's updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933
Planet Puzzle League 180490-316211
Advance Wars 171922-891988

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: July 18, 2009, 11:55:00 AM »
Was it just me or did anyone else find the multiplayer slow compared to the single player?  I'm not sure if this was the result of lag, or just how the game was retooled to handle the extra characters and such.

Well, I found the movement speed to be seemingly slower in multiplayer than SP.  As for when I"m on, I was on last night at night EST (10 PM -> 1 AM or so I believe).  Haven't run into any of the forum people yet, so I played regional matches.

[...] the campaign it felt like Gauntlet mixed with Doom and random episodes of the X-Files [...]

You just made this game sound like the most awesome thing to ever grace a television screen.

Not when you consider how boring the Gauntlet games are and have always been when played on your own.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 12:06:35 PM by broodwars »

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: July 18, 2009, 12:55:46 PM »
My game has arrived and i got a free set of ASE-like speakers with it.

I will get a picture up later today.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: July 18, 2009, 12:59:04 PM »
My game has arrived and i got a free set of ASE-like speakers with it.

I will get a picture up later today.

I want! Is that a Europe-only thing?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast