Author Topic: Some Ideas for GTA wii  (Read 17327 times)

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
Re: Some Ideas for GTA wii
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2010, 07:12:02 PM »
Would all of you prefer a dating or friendship minigame in a GTA wii game if it was to be done right? I could imagine Rockstar working in friend codes for something like this. They could also sqeeze in wii speak some how as well to enhance the game. 

If the game were to have a training mission where the player learns how to target enemies in the game, perhaps you could use the faces of your miis saved on the wii for target practice.

Lastlty, I compiling and brain storming some ideas for the story and Angler City itself to share with all of you for this forum. 
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2010, 07:18:21 PM »
Kytima what other forums do you visit? I bet you will get a much bigger response from almost anywhere else but here. This is why we don't get grand theft auto, cause not many Nintendo people really care at this point.

As for fanfics I love em! Can't wait!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2010, 07:25:43 PM »
To be fair, I've never cared for Grand Theft Auto. Number 2 on the PlayStation was okay, but 3 and Vice City were uninteresting to me.

Offline Sessha

• I, too, believe Pale to be the devil.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2010, 07:26:52 PM »
The problem Kytim is within the confines of the GTA world a GOOD friendship sim would be out of place.  I won't get into somehow that Nico works for every competing crime family in the city and somehow doesn't get his feet cut.  Even if they fixed the games into something playable the next time around, I don't want to spend 10-15 on a girls night out with Roman to get a free taxi ride. 
Laugh and the world laughs with you.  Weep and you weep alone.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2010, 08:25:25 PM »
Kytima what other forums do you visit? I bet you will get a much bigger response from almost anywhere else but here. This is why we don't get grand theft auto, cause not many Nintendo people really care at this point.

As for fanfics I love em! Can't wait!

I originally came here from the Bioware forum and I often talked about some of the stuff that I do here, but the forum's off topic eventually expired by Bioware and we were only allowed to talk about Bioware centric games.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2010, 02:10:38 AM »
i had/have gta3 for the pc and it was fun, but after playing gta4 the series has grown stale, not saying it was a bad game, but it was like the old game with some new features and great graphics. Thats why Red Dead Revolver or Body Harvest would be more awesome, because of the change of setting. However , i believe Midway now owned by Warner Bros owns the rights to Body Harvest, but a GTA game where it starts off as a GTA game and aliens then attack would be awesome.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2010, 04:15:02 AM »
However , i believe Midway now owned by Warner Bros owns the rights to Body Harvest, but a GTA game where it starts off as a GTA game and aliens then attack would be awesome.

Men In Black in a GTA type setting is what comes to mind with that. You could be an agent but do all sorts of other crap as well while hunting renegade aliens.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2010, 07:13:16 PM »
Here are some of my Fanfictional ideas for the GTA wii game:

Angler City would border a giant lake called Lake Carcer. The lake is filled with pollutants such as mercury and one radio host jockingly asks if the tainted water of Lake Carcer is responsible for making Carcer City such a cesspool. Carcer City is from the first Manhunt Game, which is also developed bu Rockstar.

The story would center around a crime boss named Marcus Sinclair who is overthrown and betrayed by a younger and more ambitious gangster name Bobby Nash. Marcus has sense of honor for a gang leader and controls the Angler Syndicate, but Nash is more tyranical and wasteful of the gangs resources. The story would revolve around Marcus recliaming his empire seeking revenge against the people who betrayed him.

One of the side missions would involve Marcus reclaiming all of his vintage cars that Nash sold to various gangsters, dealerships and private citizens around Angler City.

I am going to compile a list of various other characters for this project in short period of time, as well.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 10:12:10 PM by Kytim89 »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2010, 08:10:47 AM »
how bout you start off and theres like this giant dinosaur like creature, and he runs around the city polluting it, and then you have to fight like these venus fly traps, and giant squids. You get this backpack, and its like a combination jetpack/firehose and it allows you to clean the city.

Offline Sessha

• I, too, believe Pale to be the devil.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2010, 09:04:55 AM »
how bout you start off and theres like this giant dinosaur like creature, and he runs around the city polluting it, and then you have to fight like these venus fly traps, and giant squids. You get this backpack, and its like a combination jetpack/firehose and it allows you to clean the city.

I see what you did there
Laugh and the world laughs with you.  Weep and you weep alone.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2010, 05:42:17 PM »
LOL, sadly that took a moment to catch.
My Game Collection

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2010, 08:39:30 PM »
I had the idea that one mission would involve the player working for a corrupt doctor who owns a clinic that is actually a front for a drug cartel. The cartel uses the clinic as a way to distribute their products across the city.

The main villian of the story would have two henchmen who bare a strinkingly familiar appearance to two plumbing brothers from a certain Nintendo franchise.

There would also be a character called the "Informant" who has a tendacy to snitch on just about anyone for the right amount of money. He works for the antagonist of the story and the hero eventually kills him on a mission.

Here are some of the gangs of Angler City:

Southside Saints
Gangster Apostles
Triads
Yakuza
Main character's gang

Making a return from GTA 4:

Angels of Death(Angler City chapter)
Lost MC(Angler City chapter)
Uptown Riders
Spainsh Lords

Did I forget to mention that the main character should be voiced by Steven Blum, the same actor who voiced Jack in Madworld.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 09:53:01 PM by Kytim89 »

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2010, 11:50:17 PM »
Angler City would often be called the "Gusty City."

Here are some of m ideas for radio advertisements for products:

A spray on tan that is actually a carcinogen.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2010, 09:36:13 PM »
Here are some of my ideas for the missions of the game:

Disco Inferno: The main character uses fire based weapons to burn down several of the main villian's night clubs and protected buisnesses to get a message across to him that the hero is out for revenge.

The Road Dealer: In a parody of the Road Warrior, the main character is contracted by a gang leader to drive a tanker truck full of drugs across Angler City to a warehouse while defending it from the marauding gangs of the city. Eventually the tanker is destroyed and it is found that the truck was a decoy and that the gang leader transported the drugs via helicopter.

Icing the Snitch: The main character tracks down and kills the Informant by driving his car into Lake Carcer. 

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2010, 11:52:36 PM »
this makes me think of when I was in 10th or 11th grade and I was spamming the Konami boards explaining that Metal Gear Solid could be made for n64, and came up with all sorts of crazy ways they could do it.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2010, 12:20:22 AM »
this makes me think of when I was in 10th or 11th grade and I was spamming the Konami boards explaining that Metal Gear Solid could be made for n64, and came up with all sorts of crazy ways they could do it.

I am using this more or less as a stress releaver.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2010, 12:52:04 AM »
its ok, because your avatar is clever

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2010, 01:11:08 AM »
its ok, because your avatar is clever

Yes, I figured this avatar would make me the talk of the town around here. I am looking for a avatar which has Yoshi pooping out a koope shell. :cool;

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2010, 08:43:22 PM »
Here is a list of more products advertised on the radio:

A car that runs on jet fuel and gets 3 miles per gallon

Clothing made from hemp that is actually smokable

Spray on tan that is actually a carcinogen

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2010, 11:43:00 PM »
remember to make a separate notepad document list

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2010, 11:49:58 PM »
remember to make a separate notepad document list

What do you mean?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2010, 12:05:54 AM »
They're not bad ideas. I know we bust your balls, but you should write them down. Me and my friend at school used to come up with ideas all the time for "the game", which was an mmorpg, but a lot of the ideas were created to save bandwidth. The game was more about real-estate conquest/organizing factions than leveling up. I've got some pretty new sweet ideas for a mmorts game, but i will not divulge.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2010, 12:27:55 AM »
The wiimote speaker could act as a cell phone like it did in No More Heroes. It could also act as a sound source for the radio, or the TV could as well, and maybe a police scanner for free roaming. I just see so much potential in this game that it is worth talking about.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2010, 03:59:25 AM »
They're not bad ideas. I know we bust your balls, but you should write them down. Me and my friend at school used to come up with ideas all the time for "the game", which was an mmorpg, but a lot of the ideas were created to save bandwidth. The game was more about real-estate conquest/organizing factions than leveling up. I've got some pretty new sweet ideas for a mmorts game, but i will not divulge.

I've got a big old binder with a lot of old notes from my days of aspiring to start a dev studio in high school. It's funny to go back and look at them again. some ideas were crazy, some are already used now in games and some still seem pretty cool and original. Makes we want to try again.
My Game Collection

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2010, 05:25:44 PM »

I've got a big old binder with a lot of old notes from my days of aspiring to start a dev studio in high school. It's funny to go back and look at them again. some ideas were crazy, some are already used now in games and some still seem pretty cool and original. Makes we want to try again.

What better place than here, Stratos?