Author Topic: (No subject)  (Read 1608 times)

Offline NewsBot

• News Posting Robot
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« on: June 26, 2003, 08:36:21 PM »
Naw, it's not that super at all.  Credit Vivendi for trying, though.

'Super Code' Hidden in Universal Pictures' Number One Boxoffice Hit, 'the Hulk,' Unlocks Original Marvel Comics Creation for All New Game Play in 'Hulk' Interactive Game

LOS ANGELES, June 26 /PRNewswire/ -- Universal Pictures confirmed today the presence of a "supercode," hidden in their number one box office hit "The Hulk," based upon one of Marvel Comics' most popular Super Hero® series, that unlocks completely new gameplay in the critically-acclaimed "Hulk" videogame. "Hulk," by Vivendi Universal Games, was released recently for the PC, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Xbox(TM) Video Game System from Microsoft and Nintendo GameCube(TM). Hulk fans who correctly identify this code in the movie will be rewarded with the ability to re-play the interactive game with a new look for the green goliath -- gray. As an homage to the character's first appearance in The Incredible Hulk #1 (1962), players will be able to continue to rampage through the game in the Hulk's original color, which was changed to green by the second issue in the long-running comic book series.

"The 'Hulk' video game was designed with the goal of rewarding fans who experience both the movie and the game," said Nicholas Longano, VU Games' SVP of Marketing. "We created the Gray Hulk bonus gameplay as the ultimate payoff in which the key to the treasure is literally buried in the body of the film."

The code that unlocks Gray Hulk appears in a scene right before Bruce Banner transforms into the Hulk for the first time. Gamers can unlock the Gray Hulk by entering the code word into any computer terminal in the game.

Additional special game content can be unlocked with a series of passwords related to the film's plot and characters. Clues can be found online at www.thehulk.com.

"Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto ..."

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2003, 09:08:40 PM »
Man... it's truly amazing how they can misspell grey so many times in that article.  

RESIST!
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline WindyMan

• It was the dog.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • WindyMan's Roller Derby Notes
RE:
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2003, 09:43:44 PM »
Main Entry: 1gray
Pronunciation: 'grA
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English gr[AE]g; akin to Old High German grIs, grAo gray
Steven "WindyMan" Rodriguez
Washed-up Former NWR Director

Respect the power of the wind.

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2003, 04:18:10 PM »
Grey is a varient of gray. Both spellings are correct.

What put codes in a movie, if your gonna release them just release them. You can just get them off the net anyways.
Ralph: Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2003, 06:44:54 AM »
Oooh, a different color!!! Whoopity doo! I seem to remember when they first announced the code was hidden in the movie that they were bragging it would open up a "third gameplay mode", in addition to the Hulk and Banner modes. Guess that was a load of bull-hockey.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2003, 11:17:05 AM »

Originally posted by: DRJ
Grey is a varient of gray. Both spellings are correct.

Yes, but spelling it with an 'e' looks better, and it is more "correct" IMO.  I still say that gray is just a common typo.  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean