Author Topic: Wii in 2009  (Read 10886 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Wii in 2009
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2009, 07:08:26 PM »
The Majority of games on Mr.Jack's list I am looking forward to.The few that I'm not are just games that I don't have enough info on them like Mini Ninjas,MMMM, and RooGoo.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline NotRimmer

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2009, 07:14:57 PM »
No More Heroes 2 is a 2010 game.  I'm too lazy to check the rest of the list, but I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of those games also didn't make it out this year (and don't even have TBA 2009 release dates)
Hey guys what's going on in this forum?

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2009, 07:16:55 PM »
The Majority of games on Mr.Jack's list I am looking forward to.The few that I'm not are just games that I don't have enough info on them like Mini Ninjas,MMMM, and RooGoo.

but MMMM sounds SOOoooo good! ;)
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2009, 07:34:47 PM »
No More Heroes 2 is a 2010 game.  I'm too lazy to check the rest of the list, but I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of those games also didn't make it out this year (and don't even have TBA 2009 release dates)

See? I told you guys someone would come in and turn this around ;) .

But you are right in that any of these titles could get delayed. But many of these titles have already gone gold, with Overkill being reviewed this week, the wiimakes are ready to ship next month, and titles like Deadly Creatures, Black Knight and Madworld set to be released next month.

So even if half of these titles are delayed there's still something to look forward to thanks to the other half.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2009, 08:59:10 PM »
deadly creatures is out next week dude.

tenchu is set to be delayed cuz ubisoft doesn't want to bring attention to non-casual games.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2009, 09:12:21 PM »
I think the vast majority of the games on that list will be out this year. Several are already due out within the next couple of months.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2009, 11:15:03 PM »
On that List I have 7 games I am interested in. 

The Conduit,
Wii Sports Resort
Punch Out
Boom Blox Party
Sin and Punishment 2
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
TMNT: Smash UP

I really want to like Deadly Creatures, the art direction and style is great, the game looks to play great...but I hate spiders and scorpions, and the game just creeps me out.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2009, 03:38:56 AM »
Spak can I ask why you don't have Madworld on there?

BTW I am really tempted to get Tenchu, it has been a LONG time since I played one and this game sounds like a lot of fun and does not seem to take itself too seriously.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline PopeReal

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2009, 05:02:56 AM »
You can add Dead Space to that list  ;D  ;D
Now playing:  Animal Crossing: City Folk, Civilization Revolution DS, Quake Live, Onslaught, Star Wars Best of PC

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2009, 05:28:22 AM »
And there we are seeing why Ian's approach of "trim it down and let people complain that games are missing" approach is wrong. 1. Many people don't know about the games that aren't on the list (and sometimes not even the ones that are) so they couldn't complain about missing games as they wouldn't know there are any missing. 2. Everyone would pick a different "best of" list, choosing one over another would alienate all those who find their games missing from the list.

Also the whole point of the list is to say "look, the Wii has games coming out". A list for the HD systems would also include any game with an AAA budget, no matter if it'll turn out good.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2009, 08:56:36 AM »
This list put into perspective just how much money I'll be spending this year alone, and its making me mad that I won't be able to enjoy the majority of these games!

There's only a few "possible must-haves" like:

The Conduit (i'm starved for a good FPS after finishing off TS3 and wishing it was on Wii)

Madworld (which, thanks to NMH, I'll be getting due to my rejuvinated interest in zany beat 'em-ups) and...

S&P2 (looooooved the first)

but everything else in between has the potential to be awesome and something i might get. I keep hearing about Deadly Creatures and meaning to get info on it to see if its something I'll like, and just the other day (thanks to Pro for mentioning it a million times) I decided to check out a video review for Tenchu and I think i might buy it! I remember liking the little i played of it on my cousins PSX back in the day, and they say this one is similar (in a good way) so.. yeah, 2009 might just be the year I go bankrupt!

:(
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2009, 09:41:21 AM »

BTW I am really tempted to get Tenchu, it has been a LONG time since I played one and this game sounds like a lot of fun and does not seem to take itself too seriously.

I don't have MadWorld, because I have chosen to not my play extremely violent games.  I don't have anything personally against them, but I don't really get that much glee out of creatively killing NPCs in horribly violent ways.  And honestly, I don't find humor in spurting gallons of digital blood on the floor.  (It if for this reason I have only seen the television edit of Kill Bill vol 1.)

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2009, 10:11:19 AM »
I really want to like Deadly Creatures, the art direction and style is great, the game looks to play great...but I hate spiders and scorpions, and the game just creeps me out.

I'm downright phobic when it comes to the things, but what I've seen of the game doesn't even come close to creeping me out.  It probably has something to do with controlling them.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2009, 12:38:54 PM »
*TENCHU TODAY*

Deadly Creatures is awesome in a Discovery Channel bug-cam sort of way.
Tenchu is confirmed to have decent production values and waggle effects.
MadWorld is the next venture into beat'em-up, disembowelling, guts-gurgling arcade gameplay.
The House of the Dead: Overkill needs no intro, cuz it has TERROR, HORROR, FLESH, ICE CREAM, and VIOLENCE.

The above titles are dedicated action/adventure non-casual games that are worth a look:  when you disregard the visuals, you can see they're all about providing interesting uses of the Wii Remote.

This is a landmark phase in Wii game releases because we're looking at the final string of "experimental" "traditional" titles leading up to the release of Wii Lotion Puss.  After which, things will CHANGE. 
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2009, 12:51:47 PM »
This is a tough time for these games though, what with the economy and all.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2009, 12:58:00 PM »

I'm downright phobic when it comes to the things, but what I've seen of the game doesn't even come close to creeping me out.  It probably has something to do with controlling them.

"In addition to healing the crippled, Nintendo finds $50 cure for arachnophobia and tarantuphobia; story at 11"
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline NovaQ

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • dudeldopp
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2009, 07:48:59 AM »

I don't have MadWorld, because I have chosen to not my play extremely violent games.  I don't have anything personally against them, but I don't really get that much glee out of creatively killing NPCs in horribly violent ways.  And honestly, I don't find humor in spurting gallons of digital blood on the floor.  (It if for this reason I have only seen the television edit of Kill Bill vol 1.)

You know, I tend to agree. Back when the first Turok came out for N64, I got it almost exclusively for the gore. But nowadays, extreme violence in my videogame doesn't do much for my interest in it at all. (It almost has a negative effect.) I became interested in No More Heroes not when I heard that it was raunchy style mature, but after I heard that it was a lot of fun to play. After playing and enjoying it myself, I gave the extreme violence and such a chance and saw the humor in it. Aside from the grotesque violence, Madworld has an interesting art style and personality from the videos so far released. But I want to hear (or preferably experience) how it plays before I make a decision on it.
I like to do drawings.
Blaarg
Wii: 7332 2646 9948 9927

Hello new job, goodbye life...

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2009, 10:28:00 AM »
NovaQ:  I agree MadWorld looks like a quality game, and I have recommended it to my friends as well as No More Heroes.

As I said, this was a personal decision that I knew would limit me from playing several games, games that I might be interested in, but knew in the end I would not truly enjoy.  I really hate how mature games now mean violence, instead of just a game that adults can enjoy. 

This is why I believe Nintendo has the right approach Twilight Princess, F-Zero, Excite Truck, Metroid Prime Brain Age ect,  are all mature games in my opinion.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2009, 11:37:14 AM »

Just for you I went through release lists and got the dates for everything. IGN listed NMH: DS for 2009, hence the inclusion on the list. It was my fault that I didn't double check the claim.

* House of the Dead: Overkill - February 10, 2009
    * MADWORLD - March 10, 2009
    * The Conduit - June 2009
    * Muramasa: The Demon Blade - TBA 2009
    * Wii Sports Resort - Q2 2009
    * Sin & Punishment 2 - Q2 2009
    * New Play Control! Series
      - Mario Power Tennis - March 9, 2009
      - Pikmin - March 9, 2009
      - Metroid Prime 1&2 - TBA 2009
    * Little King's Story - May 2009
    * Boom Blox Blast Party - Q2 2009
    * Punch-Out!! - TBA 2009
    * TMNT: Smash Up - TBA 2009
    * Sonic & the Black Knight - March 10, 2009
    * Tenchu: Shadow Assassins - February, 3 2009
    * Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers - February 10, 2009
    * Marble Saga: Kororinpa - March 17, 2009
    * Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers - TBA 2009
    * Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time - March 24, 2009
    * Major Minor's Majestic March - March 24, 2009
    * Ghostbusters: The Video Game - June 16, 2009
    * Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus - Q2 2009
    * Roogoo - Q2 2009
    * Mini Ninjas - Q3 2009
    * Cursed Mountain - June 30, 2009
    * Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings - Q2 2009
    * Arc Rise Fantasia - TBA 2009
    * No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle - Q1 2010 (IGN claims 2009, but I found the Press Release proving this false, sorry...)
    * Overlord: Dark Legend - TBA 2009
    * Deadly Creatures - February 9, 2009
    * Let's Tap - June 2009
    * Spyborgs - TBA 2009
Check out PixlBit!

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2009, 01:17:05 PM »
That Nick DiMola, always going above and beyond.

Muramasa: The Demon Blade looks pretty sweet.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog