Author Topic: Anybody have Call of Duty 3?  (Read 4566 times)

Offline MorningStar

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Anybody have Call of Duty 3?
« on: November 20, 2006, 08:15:13 PM »
I'm very interested to see how this game turned out on the Wii. It definitely looks like an intense and enjoyable game, judging by the videos I've seen, but I'm a little skeptical about how it turned out; especially after all the mixed reviews for Red Steel.

Offline ryancoke

• 200k avatars lol!
    • View Profile
RE: Anybody have Call of Duty 3?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 02:42:14 AM »
I rented it and played it for about 4 hours this weekend. For the first 2 hours of play, all I could think about was how much I missed my PS2 dualshock... I got used to the controls and I think that while they are not perfect, they are pretty good. I haven't played any other FPS on the wii (unless you count "monkey wars" in Monkey ball)  The graphics are great if it was a gamecube game but are probably about 65% of what the wii is capable of.  I found that the game was really dark and I had to turn up the brightness on my TV. A built in brightness control would have been nice. I'd give it a 8.0/10.
My Wii Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Jesus Saves.....after he passes each level

Offline Crave

• View Profile
RE:Anybody have Call of Duty 3?
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 03:29:04 AM »
I would say rent it first.  Always best to make a $5.00 mistake then a $50.00 mistake.  

Offline zakkiel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 03:54:30 AM »
I rented it this weekend. Not worth buying, but worth the rental if you need an FPS fix. The controls could be much better.
Defenestration - the only humane method of execution.

Offline MANTI5

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 04:47:34 AM »
I was interested in it until I saw the aiming system wasn't like a pc fps, it was like Red Steel. Then I saw a video that showed there's an option to turn off dynamic aiming(I believe that's what it was called) and that made it like a pc fps and now I really want to rent it.

Offline segagamer12

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 05:10:40 AM »
I have it its great. If you like COD at all its worth buying, if you dont then maybe rent it. Its fast paced non stop action for the most part. Beware the driving parts though THEY SUCK.
You can call me
THE RAT thank you very much
check out http://www.myspace.com/phatrat1982

Offline NeoThunder

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 06:01:07 AM »
I rented it and played it for awhile, and I thought it was a great game.  The FPS controls are a lot better than Red Steel.  The Graphics I thought were real good.  The only thing bad is it's kinda hard to throw grenades with the nun-chuck, but that option is automatically turned off, so it's not like you have to live with it.

Another bad thing is it has absolutly no multi-player.  Obviously no online, but it has no co-op, or split  screen

Many people said the game looked horrible, but i didn't think so.....I definitly thing all FPS should use this control method instead of Red Steel or Far Cry which is even worse.
Wii# 4120-9638-2308-7614
<BR>
<BR>Mario Kart# 3178-8705-8094
<BR>
<BR>Faith is the complete surrender and acceptence of total control

Offline utarefsoN

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 06:09:35 AM »
the game is a must buy if you like any type of FPS war game. It has the best controls for an FPS on the rev that i have played. Further the graphics were not as crappy as i was expecting them to be. It looked quite good. Dont expect to be blown away graphics wise, but you wont feel jiped either. I found the game a blast to play. To bad there was no multiplayer. The game would have owned.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 06:52:43 AM »
I think it's awesome, but the lack of multiplayer and online makes it a rental and not a purchase.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 06:59:01 AM »
A friend of mine has COD3 for his Wii. I've played it a few times and thought it controlled fairly well (much better than Red Steel). I would consider buying it, but I'm not really into WWII FPSes.  
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline ryancoke

• 200k avatars lol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2007, 07:21:40 AM »

Originally posted by: MANTI5
I was interested in it until I saw the aiming system wasn't like a pc fps, it was like Red Steel. Then I saw a video that showed there's an option to turn off dynamic aiming(I believe that's what it was called) and that made it like a pc fps and now I really want to rent it.

Definately rent it first. I tried turning off the dynamic aiming and yes it was more like a PC FPS but at the same time, the sensitivity was insanly low. Even if you crank the sensitivity, it was still extremely sluggish.
My Wii Code:

Offline segagamer12

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2007, 09:04:36 AM »
ryancoke that is the best avatar in the world.  
You can call me

Offline ryancoke

• 200k avatars lol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2007, 09:36:36 AM »
Segagamer, I can't claim to be the mental giant who came up with my avatar. I found it on the net somewhere.  I thought it was pretty freakin hilarious so I borrowed it.
My Wii Code:

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 07:26:05 AM »
ryancoke, if garagelan is not your personal website or a hosting service, you are stealing not borrowing.  Download the image and put it on your own webspace.  If you can't do that, you need to remove the avatar.

As for COD3, see my review on the site.  The essential controls work pretty well, but some of the extra motions are completely broken.  I had more issues with dumb game design though.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline ryancoke

• 200k avatars lol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 08:35:52 AM »
done
My Wii Code:

Offline segagamer12

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2007, 05:56:12 AM »
my ONLY complaints as far as controls were when you hodl the rifle and push enemies of fof you,m thatgot tiring. And the driving SUCKS.  
You can call me

Offline D_MaN87

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2007, 12:31:23 PM »
As everyone else here said, its a rental.  I had loads of fun killing nazi's with it though.  I thought the controls were a great improvement over red steel.  The granade controls w/ the nunchuck are off, but its off by default.  The lack of multi-player will keep me from buying it or renting it again however.
Wii Number: 1080 3358 2033 2880
FF3 Number: 2620 7985 5351
Diddy Kong Racing DS: 0688 1563 4718

Offline ryancoke

• 200k avatars lol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2007, 05:12:54 AM »
I played one more chapter before I packed it up to take back to the rental store and i'm pleased to say that I think I was finally getting the hang of the controls.  I remember the same thing happend back in 2000 when I got the PS2.  I couldn't play unreal tournament with the default controls and had to switch it to the more goldeneye or metroid prime style controls where the left stick controled forward-back and turning. But after playing Red Faction for a while I got used to the default controls and have never looked back since. In fact I had I hard time swtching back for Metroid Prime.  I'm pretty excited for Medal of Honor: Vanguard.  I just hope there is some multiplayer...
My Wii Code:

Offline jakeOSX

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2007, 02:22:19 AM »
i liked COD, i got it opening day. i was impressed with the sounds and the play.

yeah, it took a bit to get used to the wii controls, which is strange when you think about it, since they are almost the same as PC controls. once i did though, it was much more enjoyable than any other consul FPS i've played for the simple reason that consul controllers suck for FPS.

definatly liked how to change weapons, just slam the chuck to the side. ironically, using the trigger button to fire was the hardest part to get used to, i kept wanting to use A (all Samus's fault)

it is a fun game, not earth shattering by any means. i got it to hold me over until MP3 came out, and i would say for that purpose, it has done its job.