Author Topic: SMB 3 announced..with LAN play  (Read 2755 times)

Offline DevilishDude

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
SMB 3 announced..with LAN play
« on: May 12, 2003, 03:00:14 PM »
i got this from cube.ign.com, i myself didnt know about this. did anyone else?
:: My name Smeedle
:: Tingle, Tingle... Koolah Limpah! These are the magic words Tingle created himself. Don't steal them!

:: Homestar Runner Quote Of The Week:
:: Ow! My Stomach Lining

Offline Mingesium

• View Profile
RE: SMB 3 announced..with LAN play
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2003, 03:05:26 PM »
When I read the topic, I was like Super Mario Bros. 3. Super Monkey Ball 3 was just announce. It good to see third parties making LAN games. The only problem that I have is that this LAN games seem to be limited to two GameCubes.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2003, 04:02:17 PM »
I don't have more than 8 friends that I'd play Cube with anyway, so that's fine with me.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2003, 04:51:53 PM »
cool now you can monkey around with more people.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2003, 05:40:40 PM »
I thought Super Mario Bros. 3 was announced like 14 years ago or something?
Anyway, LAN yawn...if they go with only LAN for the next Smash Bros. I'm gonna break something. Yup, that'll show them.
Either way, I'd rather play to play Monkey Ball online than Phantasy Star...probably...

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2003, 06:20:06 PM »
well there is always that new gamespy thing that allows u to get online for a lan game.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline Jollus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2003, 06:46:24 PM »
I loves the LAN idea.  Personally I haven't played a game online in almost a year.  I just don't have fun playing faceless people who more often than not act like goof tards.  I might as well just play against the computer AI (and the AI doesn't cheat!).  LAN gaming on the other hand I love.  There is nothing better screaming across the room and the person you just smeared.  Being able to actually talk with your teamates is a big thing (I suppose that is why Xbox Live has it standard).  

If a game has both LAN and Online functions great, but I will most likely play the LAN part more often.

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2003, 06:48:33 PM »
Problem with Lan is...both people need to buy a broadband adaptor. I not like...

Offline aoi tsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2003, 07:05:55 PM »
i'm surprised to see third party LAN support so soon, but not quite surprised it's Sega. At risk of starting a plague of needless worry, i don't like the trend (yes, two games creates a trend) of games not allowing more than two GCs to connect. Part of the advantage of a LAN in gaming is that everyone gets their own screen. Unless you're playing a two player game over LAN, someone is going to have a splitscreen. And while i'm sure there'll be some of you who'll cry out there's nothing wrong with that, i can't help but feel shortchanged.

Kudos to Amusement Vision for embracing this feature.  
"Snake felt a hunger for Meryl blossom within his loins."

Offline Mingesium

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2003, 07:39:13 PM »
I was afraid that Nintendo may want to keep it simple by just having two gamecube support. All they would need to do is sell the crossover cables. The good news is that it looks like Nintendo will have a large amount of games that support LAN.

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2003, 08:13:56 PM »
Yeah, LAN's with only 2 GCN's. Yippee Skippy. What if we have several GCN's and TV's and don't want split screen?...