Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1168307 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #1225 on: September 28, 2014, 08:37:06 PM »
Star Wars 7 will be hyped to hell and back. Will pull geeks out of retirement, to reunite with the geeks of today and the geeks of tomorrow.

I love Marvel, and GotG was an excellent entry in the franchise, but I'm gonna have to give it to SW7.
But will SW7 have what it takes to take on Avengers 2?

Disney can't lose either way.
I would gladly become a money laundering plumber that is constantly washing all the $100s they use to wipe their ass with right now.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: September 28, 2014, 11:18:25 PM »
Well the hype train for stars wars will be on high alert. Before it comes out were going to be seeing.

The Original Cut of the OT and the PT released on blu-ray.

Most likely a full blu-ray release of the clone wars with all the seasons and the story reels.

Star Wars Rebels season 1 blu ray release and the start of season 2.

Disney Infinty Star Wars and Battlefront releases.

Plus details on the first spin off film.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: September 29, 2014, 12:01:23 AM »
...But will we finally see a home release of the Holiday Special?

Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if Lucas kept the rights for that out of the sale just to keep it from being released...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: September 29, 2014, 01:24:57 AM »
Well, the film is already available online if you want it in some form so they may as well release a copy to try and get some dollars from the hard core fans and wannabe-YouTube-critic types. Sadly it would sell to a degree. Though I could see some of the actors like Ford, Fisher, and Hamill threaten to stop doing any SW related work to keep it in the can.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: October 01, 2014, 06:31:38 PM »
Ethan Hawke for Dr. Strange?
http://thisisinfamous.com/exclusive-ethan-hawke-in-talks-to-become-doctor-strange/

Looks like Marvel couldn't make Joaquin happen. I'm down for Ethan Strange Hawke though.

Edit: or maybe it's Joaquin and Marvel still hasn't announced or hasn't 100% finalized and is trying to move things along quicker...

“@colliderfrosty: it's Joaquin Phoenix. Not sure when Marvel will announce but he's the one.â€

Maybe waiting till the next big event to announce?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 06:58:06 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: October 01, 2014, 07:38:40 PM »
Dominic Cooper is going to be reprising his role as Papa Stark for Agent Carter.

Yesterday's episode of shield was pretty darn good. I'm glad they didn't kill Crusher and I like Mac and Fitzing being paired up.

No not Simmons

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: October 01, 2014, 10:34:21 PM »
Comicbookresources has the theory that Agents of Shield is setting up the Inhumans

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=55939

I could see this happening and its been one of my main theories for a while now.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: October 02, 2014, 12:12:52 AM »
Well, the film is already available online if you want it in some form so they may as well release a copy to try and get some dollars [...]
That could have been said anytime during the last 15 years or so...  Reportedly, Lucas really, really, REALLY hates the Holiday Special...  I seriously wouldn't be surprised if he retained the rights to it *just* to keep any chance of it getting re-released from happening.  I mean, I seriously doubt him refusing to include it in the sale would have made that big of a difference.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: October 02, 2014, 12:19:01 AM »
Even if Disney got the rights to it i'm unsure the y would rerelease it other than being a special edition on one of the Blu-ray releases for the OT.

Dule Hill form Pysch is apparently going to be luke cage.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/?a=108555

According to the article Jessica Jones, Cage, and Iron Fist have all been cast and will be present at next week's daredevil Panel probably at the end to have the defenders together like we see for the avengers at SDCC.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: October 02, 2014, 12:59:36 AM »
Dule Hill form Pysch is apparently going to be luke cage.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/?a=108555

According to the article Jessica Jones, Cage, and Iron Fist have all been cast and will be present at next week's daredevil Panel probably at the end to have the defenders together like we see for the avengers at SDCC.

Wut... does he even work out?
I don't know the character very well... but wut!?
I don't see that one at all.

in other news though, some Agents of SHIELD stuff *potential spoilers for next week and beyond*
link <- url contains minor spoiler

Speedball coming to AoS? Mockingbird to possibly join the Avengers?
Season 2 of AoS is off to such a better start that s1. I really hope they can keep it up.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: October 02, 2014, 09:04:20 AM »
It really doesn't personally when I think Luke Cage I think someone more like the guy playing Mac on agents of shield.  But the casting is already probably complete so we can get crossover episodes from each character in every series.  For example pretty sure Matt Murdock will be Luke Cage's lawyer when he's in court about to be wrongly imprisoned, or one of Jessica Jones episodes will feature her and Cage on a date.

Speedball is a pretty big get, considering it opens up the New Warriors and he's a B lister in the comic s who sets off the chain of events for civil war. It seems that their aging him up compared to his initial comics age which is disappointing, but he's still going to be a younger hero altogether. My guess this is going to lead into a what's almost a secret avengers team that includes Dethlok, Mockingbird, and Speedball. 

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: October 02, 2014, 09:20:18 AM »
No just no.
I like Dule Hill in general but anything with Luke Cage it just doesn't seem like a character the Dule Hill could play.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: October 02, 2014, 10:27:55 AM »
He's probably too old now, but Michael Jai White would probably be great as Luke Cage. If Anthony Mackie wasn't already Falcon he would be a great fit too.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: October 02, 2014, 02:53:14 PM »
I hope Gus has been in the gym since he left Santa Barbara and stop letting Shawn distract him from being great all on his own.

any word on who is Iron Fist and Jessica Jones?
It isn't Shawn and Juliet... as that would be kinda awkward. That's Shawn's girl Gus, how could you!?

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: October 03, 2014, 10:30:11 PM »
It looks like the logo being used on the current iteration of the book.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: October 04, 2014, 05:15:23 AM »
AoS S2 E3 Preview - Simmons Teaser

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: October 05, 2014, 06:16:17 PM »
An Ultron drone.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 06:21:42 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: October 06, 2014, 01:45:27 PM »
If I didn't know better I think that was a different take on Antman's suit.
Hopefully the head just looking all the way up since its not on and the its down a little more normally.  In other words I think the mouth gap thing is a little too big.  Besides that looks pretty good.

I wonder how many they made and what the variations are.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: October 06, 2014, 07:12:57 PM »
Do you remember the Ant-Man helmet schematic? Ultron is the "Alternate Version" in the bottom left.

and here is another pic from the movie (?)

And a new cast memeber for the movie: Martin Donovan
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvels-ant-man-adds-martin-738435?utm_source=twitter

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: October 06, 2014, 07:19:14 PM »
I was just about to post that BnM works fast.

Any thoughts on the rumors of Avengers 3 and spider-man joining the MCU. They both seem to conflict with the rumored ending to Age of Ultron, and I would think that like how Guardians blew and Defenders has the potential they would want to try to do another brand.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: October 06, 2014, 07:39:08 PM »
Avenger 3 being split into 2 films is something I've speculated on since almost 2 months before that rumor started.

The Thanos Imperitive: Avenger 3 pt1
The Avengers 3 pt2: Infinity Guantlet.

Part 1 is where Thanos shows his might, collects the stones, probably starting with the familiar Asgard and working his way down to Earth, which not only causes havoc all over the galaxy, but  leads right into Part 2 where the Guardians and the Nova Corps and everyone else seeking revenge and to stop Thanos end up following him to Earth. (somewhere in here, Squirrel Girl is credited with distracting Thanos just long enough for someone to deliver the winning blow to Thanos).

As far as Spider-man goes.... I wouldn't mind Garfield, but can we really fold ASM1 and especially 2 into the MCU as it is? Can they just be allowed to use the Spider-man character w/o actually cross promoting? Not using ASM, but maybe a new MCU Peter Parker? Sony is probably in desperate enough shape to agree to that. ASM2 was a hot mess, I have almost no faith in a Sinister 6, Venom or ASM3 movie from Sony at this point, unless Marvel lets them keep the property, but Marvel gets a hand in crafting it from here on out and a percentage of gross or something.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1247 on: October 06, 2014, 08:41:01 PM »
I don't want Spiderman anywhere near the current Marvel Universe...because they have built a world where he is not needed right now.

However, I would like to think that after the Infinity Guantlet movie destroys the Avengers...seriously Thanos better just really cripple all heroes we have.  (Not permanently, but it better be a tough battle.) Then the Earth begins to see how anyone with abilities needs to step up and be a hero.  Young heroes around the world start fighting crime.  The governments start making their own "Avengers" teams and that is the new world we live in.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: October 08, 2014, 12:33:12 PM »
I'll post my thought while on my laptop later, but shield needs a better lead in show. If Disney were smart they would have paired  OUAT with Shield for a genre night until they get a second ongoing marvel show or a star wars one. Right now The Flash leading into Supernatural is a killer combination.

Maybe we see stark in the mid season finale.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: October 08, 2014, 03:33:53 PM »
The thing about Spider-man is that the part of the Marvel Universe there doing in most media I consume from those character Spider-Man is a pop in pop out character.  He is rarely a longterm part of the main group.