Author Topic: Kickstarter WiiU game Thread. Yooka-Laylee. Reven. Hive Jump. Hex Heroes.  (Read 18672 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
There's quite a few Castlevania games for gba on the wii u store, iv been enjoying Metroid Fusion the last couple days. I'm all for any number of metroidvania platformers. Although I like the metroid part of that equation more. Castlevania hasn't really appealed to me since Castlevania 3. I'm more up for Actraiser
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 01:00:31 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night's Kickstarter ended last night. I pledged $60 for the physical copy. All of the stretch goals were funded. IGA's team even created an extra one for the home stretch because the final goal was so close to being met. I only really cared about getting that third playable character, but I'll certainly take the Roguelike Dungeon which is in addition to Igarashi's largest castle. The extra stretch goal is a Boss Revenge Mode which sounds like you play as the bosses against Miriam. Might be fun for shits and giggles, but I'm not going to complain about bonus content.

I haven't watched all of the developer videos, but one showed off-screen footage of the game in action. IGA and co used to pump Castlevania games out within a year so I'm glad we won't see this game released for nearly two years. Building all of those HD assets from scratch is going to take time and I'm glad they're taking their time.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
got this in my yooka-laylee newsletter

"Throughout their adventure Yooka and Laylee will meet (or beat) a huge cast of memorable characters brought to life by the art and audio teams behind legendary platform games. This month we’ll be discussing a pair of new supporting characters destined to join the Playtonic Universe; the hapless, multi-limbed scientist Dr. Puzz and her traitorous former colleague Dr. Quack. The latter is a ruthless, exosuit-wearing fowl, who’s making the best of a bad situation under the corporate rule of Capital B.

The good doctor wasn’t always this unpleasant, but the ruthless takeover of his Quack Corp organisation has persuaded Quack to concoct all manner of crude inventions to satisfy the demands of his new boss - and the shareholders, of course.

Quack’s sweet, naeve prodigy, Dr. Puzz proved far more morally rigid than her former colleague, breaking ties with Quack Corp as soon as the exosuits started stirring - and taking her own inventions with her. The tentacled technician - designed by Ed ‘Mumbo Jumbo’ Bryan - is the gateway to all of Yooka-Laylee’s wild and wonderful transformations, which we’ll be revealing in the near future. "

Oh wow, so that's what happened with Rareware.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Since when did Hyper Light Drifter get cancelled for Wii U? A certain other site posted an article claiming as much.

It's not a huge surprise given the status of the console and the fact that the game apparently isn't ready.  But it's disappointing - that looked like an interesting indie game and would've been nice on Wii U. 

Maybe this is just a bad rumor swirling around?  Regardless, it showcases why I'm nervous about backing KickStarter video games for any dedicated gaming platform - best intentions just don't always work out, and the time required for development can be really long. Any good game that actually gets released should be available after the fact anyway.

I've still got my fingers crossed for Bloodstained and Shantae coming to Wii U. Shantae seems like a sure thing, but I'm nervous about Bloodstained because it still seems pretty far out.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
https://www.destructoid.com/hyper-light-drifter-might-not-make-it-to-wii-u-342219.phtml

"We had information about our engine [GameMaker: Studio], two years back, when we announced support for the platform. This had assured us we could port to the Wii U with relatively little hassle by now. However, due to ongoing internal contractual issues beyond our control between the platform holder and engine developer, we just don't know when or if this situation will have a good resolution. We are looking into the options available and doing what we can to help push the issue, including posting about it here."

The news of the limited edition only announcing codes for PS4/XB1 versions pretty much puts the kibosh on the Wii U version.

I'm nervous about my backing of Hollow Knight. I backed it specifically for the Wii U version. Unless the game gets a release date this year I have serious doubts about getting that Wii U version.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 11:11:53 PM by Soren »
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Shantae is definitely coming to Wii U.

Disappointed by the Hyper Light Drifter news, but honestly, the devs should have anticipated it from the start and not made lazy promises. That is one of my LARGEST pet peeves about Kickstarters and it really makes me lose a lot of respect for the team.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
I'm nervous for the wii u version of yooka laylee as well. I just want to make sure I get the game. I may have  slected pc and wii u option. I don't remember. Hopefully it can be out by christmas-time

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Re: Kickstarter WiiU game Thread. Yooka-Laylee. Reven. Hive Jump. Hex Heroes.
« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2016, 08:58:54 AM »
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/10/0...elayed-to-2018

Bloodstained on Wii U may not happen. May just move on to NX. This should not be surprising.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2016, 09:32:38 AM »
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/10/0...elayed-to-2018

Bloodstained on Wii U may not happen. May just move on to NX. This should not be surprising.

Not a surprise, and (still) doesn't dampen my interest in Bloodstained... but another reason in a growing list to approach KickStarter video game development with caution.  Games often take more time to create than you'd expect.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2016, 04:42:31 PM »
Good. I was hoping this would happen.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2016, 09:07:31 PM »
Yeah if it's not coming out until 2018 then the NX would be a better bet.  It was the hardcore Nintendo fans who funded the Wii U version and I can't imagine too many of them being upset if the game is moved to the NX since most of them will probably have an NX by then as well.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2016, 09:45:14 PM »
I am hoping that any promised game for the Wii U will transition to the Nintendo NX...I think that is fair.  You can assume that Nintendo fans backing for Wii U support would welcome the NX support.  However, if they are upset they can still get it for other systems.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2016, 11:20:43 PM »
Got to see Hive Jump at a local game convention. The Graphite Labs team is here in St. Louis, and I'm good friends with one of the people helping with the Wii U port. He's actually my professor for my game design II class and my mentor on my senior overview! How weird!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)