Author Topic: Kickstarter WiiU game Thread. Yooka-Laylee. Reven. Hive Jump. Hex Heroes.  (Read 18669 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Yeah, I backed A.N.N.E., it looked pretty cool, but I haven't heard much about it lately. 
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
This one looks pretty hot, Little Devil Inside. Watch the video and be DELIGHTED. Wii U Stretch Goal, five days remain.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ldi/little-devil-inside/posts/1236245

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
I see little to no depth in the game aside from different attack thoes, which would matter if you're a min-maxing kind of person, which also means the gameplay is accessible to many different types of players. However, none of it looks really engaging- even the art style feels a little phoned in. With the amount of money they're asking for in proportion to the amount of information and blatant publicity pandering they've done, I see their current funding status as an apt descriptor for how the game will ultimatlely play out.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
Your Bigby avatar makes me feel like I'm at lecture.

I think the action looks fun and varied, and the characters charming.

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
It looks like we may soon be able to add Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night to the list of Wii U Kickstarter games. It appears to be a stretch goal at $3,000,000.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
I think the art style is angular, but unoriginal in terms of character design. I did like seeing gunplay and sword fighting but any sort of gunplay implies aiming which is a personal pet peeve if mine in RPG gameplay.

Anyway, I'd rather see a game made than nothing at all.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Starfighter Inc is being worked on by ex-LucasArts guys who made X-Wing and Tie Fighter. One of the guys is from Factor 5 as well so this could be the dream space flight sim we have been hoping for.

One of the first crowd funded games I might have to contribute to.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
the ships look like ar-wings
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
It looks like we may soon be able to add Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night to the list of Wii U Kickstarter games. It appears to be a stretch goal at $3,000,000.

Given the evidence is some people thinking they're on CSI Cyber, I'll wait for the official word before it gets shouted from the heavens.

I mean, it'd be nice to have another option for playing the game portably as God and nature intended besides hooking up a Vita extender, and they have been teasing it, but I wanna see the receipts.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
I highly doubt Bloodstained will make 3mil unless IGA goes nuts in the final week and drops some neat stuff. I haven't backed it yet because I'm highly skeptical of high profile games, especially after the mediocrity that has been Mighty Number 9.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
I highly doubt Bloodstained will make 3mil unless IGA goes nuts in the final week and drops some neat stuff. I haven't backed it yet because I'm highly skeptical of high profile games, especially after the mediocrity that has been Mighty Number 9.

You do realize the game is already close to 2.6 million with 20 days to go right?  It's tracking faster then Might Number 9 and that game managed close to 4 million when it was all said and done.  Not only is 3 million going to happen, but getting around 4 million could easily happen as well.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
There's only so many people who actually care about this genre enough, and I think it will reach its threshold. Tracking means nothing, it's just a possibility for what could happen if the game's support bubble stays strong.

That being said, I don't like playing games on PC and the Wii U port would probably be a shadow of what the xBox/PS4 version will be just because gimping ports is what the Wii U is the best at.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
Hey, cool. Little Devil Inside hit its Wii U goal.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
Hey, cool. Little Devil Inside hit its Wii U goal.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Koji Igarashi's Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night officially has a Wii U port as a stretch goal (as was hinted by the "basement goals"). I'd like to know if the team offers a physical copy for the Wii U version because it's the only physical copy I would actually care about.

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
They almost had me ready to back to try and force the issue until they announced the port would be done by the guys who did Batman Blackgate and a few bad FPSes on the Gamecube/Wii. No sale.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
I hope you're not implying Metroid Prime is a bad FPS.

It's a first-person ADVENTURE.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
Can't wait for them to cancel the Wii U port with lame excuses in three years! hashtag Project Cars hashtag Poor Planning

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
I hope you're not implying Metroid Prime is a bad FPS.

It's a first-person ADVENTURE.

Shaymin is to Metroid Prime what I am to Super Mario World and Link to the Past.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Except I'm actually right, so nyah.
Tutorial box out.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
Shaymin is to Metroid Prime what I am to Super Mario World and Link to the Past.
And I guess what I am to Galaxy and 3D Land.

But it's okay, we're all allowed to have terrible taste sometimes.

I will eat my hat in regards to the Wii U stretch goal, here's hoping some other Wii U owners waited it out, but it does seem a bit more possible. Also, with a budget this big and IGA backing the project, I think it is more likely they'll follow through with it. It might be a shoddy port because Armature and maybe even a crappy game altogether because of Inti Creates but hey, it's worth giving a shot if only for legacy alone.

I am disappointed in the lack of new ideas coming from Kickstarter. Yahtzee Crosshaw said it best when he discussed Broken Age and Shovel Knight- too many games just look like "that game you loved, by the people you loved". It's partially why I backed Hex Heroes, and why I feel crappy about backing Half-Genie Hero, because I'm feeding into that mentality. Also, everyone makes Metroidvanias.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
I don't think you have to worry about Armature's porting prowess. I give them a lot of crap because all their non-port work has been mediocre at best, but I don't have any issues with their post-original release work on the Borderlands Handsome Collection or any of their other ports. My issue in this case is that Iga would be farming out a separate version of the game to the Wii U rather than handle the port himself. It's likely to cause issues developing his own version alongside theirs.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
The nice thing about backing a game by creators of games you loved is that you have an idea of what to expect. It's the exact reason I backed Half-Genie Hero. I'm not normally one for taking chances. With Shante and Wayforward, I believe in the IP and I believe in the people making the game. It was an easy choice, especially for $15.

I'm on the fence regarding Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. I thoroughly enjoyed IGA's Castlevania games even if they often devolved into grinding to get rare items. I thought the series was in good hands before Lords of Shadow 2 screwed everything up. It's nice to get an unofficial Castlevania since it isn't like Konami is interested in making games anymore. Order of Ecclesia came out a long time ago so I'm eager for a new game. I expected to support this Kickstarter once a Wii U version became available, but realistically, this won't be released until 2017 when I will likely have moved on to NX. If I support this Kickstarter, I'm leaning on getting the PS4 version but not until the Wii U version is confirmed. Five of IGA's Castlevania titles were on Nintendo platforms. It didn't sit well with me that Nintendo was being left out.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
Doesn't sit right with me, either. I'm surprised he's fishing for money in the pool where many players only know Castlevania from Lords of Shadow.

But in any case, I enjoy IGAvania and I still have trouble supporting this Kickstarter because of the absurd Wii U stretch goal.

I trust studios more than figureheads. That's why I backed Shantae and not Mighty Number 9.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Personally, I only back Kickstarters when they've demonstrated a clear plan and I have good reason to think they can actually deliver on what they promise. As a result, I back very few Kickstarters (mainly Pinball Arcade's, Book of Unwritten Tales 2, Cosmic Star Heroine, and the risky Soul Saga) and I'm not sure either Yooka-Laylee or Bloodstained will join them. Iga doesn't demonstrate jack **** in his Kickstarter pitch. His entire pitch is "I made Castlevania, motherfuckers (with recycled assets from Rondo of Blood for more than a decade, which nearly killed the franchise until Lords of Shadow revived it)! So give me money!" There was no proof of concept, and very little information on the game in general. Also, Inticreates can't even create a Mega Man knock-off right now on-time and under-budget, so I have very little faith in them.

By contrast, Yooka-Laylee has proof of concept footage, and the people making it have excellent pedigree. My issue with them is the ridiculous level of scope creep they've allowed with their stretch goals, and I don't believe for a moment that they can create the kind of game they want in the time they've promised with the money they even have now.

Also, if you believe their Kickstarter monetary goals (I don't), neither Kickstarter needs my money and, in fact, it will actually be cheaper for me to purchase both of these games at launch w/ whatever PS+ discounts they'll inevitably have.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.