Author Topic: Simple New 3DS Mod to replace nub w/ stick  (Read 4557 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Simple New 3DS Mod to replace nub w/ stick
« on: October 08, 2016, 01:57:02 PM »
So you can mod your nub into a C-Stick on the New 3DS. I've been having an unusually hard time with the nub in games that use it so I'm going to give it a try. You just pop it off with a screwdriver and pop a PSP-1000 joystick cap on it and it reportedly works like a dream.

Already bought the cap on ebay ($1.99), I'll report back with how it turns out.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Simple New 3DS Mod to replace nub w/ stick
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 02:24:17 PM »
Circle Pad Pro > any alternative

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 02:34:36 PM »
I agree, but it does not fit on the New 3DS, so this appears to be the next best option.

I actually wish I could go back to my old 3DS for games like Monster Hunter, but Nintendo will not let you revert back down. I suspect the Circle Pad Pro XL is technically capable of interfacing with the N3DS XL, but I would have to trim away some plastic and remove buttons to make them fit together, and I am not prepared to destroy my beautiful MH4U system in a trial.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 02:45:15 PM »
I think they also moved the placement of the IR port on the NEW 3DS (XL), so I'm not so sure it could work even if someone found a way to make it fit. I wonder if there will ever be a safe mod to make it work... I guess I should look into that... though this isn't the only reason I'm not interested in a NEW 3DS.

Online Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 03:31:07 PM »
How dare you, sir! First of all, we already have a thread detailing this abomination. It was unwelcome and unappreciated then so having you create a second thread to further promote this unnatural gaming mutation is highly offensive. Second, Insanolord is now going to ban pokepal148 for doing this and since I banned him once already that will mean he's a repeat offender and will have to be banned for like a week or month or permanently or something according to the Unclebob system of justice. I don't make the rules. I just enforce them. Which means if you continue to go ahead with this and flagrantly break Insanolord's rule of not doing it, then I guess he's going to have to ban you too along with pokepal148 and deservedly so for such shocking behavior.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 03:51:25 PM »
Well excuuuuse me princess! I actually post in forums where people will see things, such as the All Glorious Funhouse or the system forums. No one looks in the reviews or tech support areas unless they are guilty of some heinous crime.
My Game Collection

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2016, 04:59:20 PM »
He even used the same video I used in the Negative World Thread on this matter. Sad.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2016, 05:44:29 PM »
Yeah, that is where I discovered and thought I would share it here. Shouldn't you be happy your message got to someone who benefited?
My Game Collection