Author Topic: Free To Play Version Of Paladins Now Available  (Read 1060 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Free To Play Version Of Paladins Now Available
« on: July 25, 2018, 04:28:27 PM »

It got upstaged a bit, but it doesn't cost anything to try now.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/47854/free-to-play-version-of-paladins-now-available

Paladins debuted at E3, and the free option is available now.

The game's entry on the eShop replaced the previously US$29.99 or equivalent Founder's Pack with the free edition today, as promised at launch. The Founder's Pack has been removed from sale completely.

Although the game is free to download, there are still ingame purchases of Crystals.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Free To Play Version Of Paladins Now Available
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 02:16:35 PM »
Oh, interesting, I thought this was coming later. I'll probably check it out at some point.

I'm a little confused about the Founder's Pack delisting though. I thought that was just additional content for the game, not something separate, so what is it, exactly? Are the people who bought it going to be refunded? Or was this some sort of shady cash grab?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 10:54:02 PM »
I think the founder pack unlocks all the characters.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 10:40:31 AM »
I'm a little confused about the Founder's Pack delisting though. I thought that was just additional content for the game, not something separate, so what is it, exactly? Are the people who bought it going to be refunded? Or was this some sort of shady cash grab?

The Founder's Pack was always going to be a limited time bundle. It had been discontinued on other consoles in late April. If you bought you'll still get access to all current and future champions. Nothing shady about it.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 03:31:07 PM »
Ah, okay, so it was just a way to unlock stuff without having to play the game a lot?