Author Topic: World of Warcraft anyone?  (Read 12678 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: World of Warcraft anyone?
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2006, 07:33:14 AM »
I think it also counts as a gank when you're using the class that is strong against your victim's class (e.g. rogue vs. mage).

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
RE:World of Warcraft anyone?
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2006, 05:22:32 PM »
More like anything vs mage, am I rite??

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2006, 07:22:32 AM »
I've always heard it means when you kill someone who either cannot fight back or in an inopportune situation, like they're fighting a monster at the time and you wait until they have low health and mana before attacking them.

Truth is, I'm only playing WoW until Nintendo gets off their ass and releases something better to occupy my spare time.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2006, 10:26:04 AM »
I hear Maple Story is coming out for DS

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2006, 10:53:31 AM »
Grrr, I quit WoW!

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
ex-Blizzard Fanboi
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2006, 09:02:08 AM »

Originally posted by: S-U-P-E-R
I hear Maple Story is coming out for DS

I was actually thinking about Star Trek online or Warhammer, or swearing off MMOs until someone does something new with the genre.

I'm waiting for someone to do something new and different with the concept, as the "grind for better items so you can grind for better items" paradigm has been around for far too damn long.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2006, 08:10:16 PM »

Originally posted by: MysticGohan24
I do Nemo, and TFT and  have WoW, Server: Firetree, Paladin, lv.60

is it possible to play with custom maps over the net?  want to set up a match some time?  PM me.
Life is like a hurricane-- here in Duckburg

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2006, 10:54:34 PM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother
I'm waiting for someone to do something new and different with the concept, as the "grind for better items so you can grind for better items" paradigm has been around for far too damn long.

*cough*

“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2006, 02:46:34 AM »
There's Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates and Bang! Howdy which don't involve grinding AFAIK but other than that... Well, you better hope that Garriott's plan pans out.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2006, 07:38:33 PM »
Regarding Blizzard games, Im still in Diablo II, and since we have to actually pay fees for WoW if we go online, I think I'll skip it. Thats if I pretend I could like online in the games, although I just discovered I can put my single player character online, so Ill give it a last chance.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2006, 08:19:53 PM »
I discovered Seed when I went to E3 and was really impressed with the PR speek. It sounds completely expandable (the concept is you're a bunch of colonists trapped on a downed spaceship with a broken orbital elevator and an unterraformed planet outside) where the players will work together as a society to accomplish goals (dynamic personal, and society-sized group projects) along with some socio-politics (should the playerbase work towards repairing the ship, or terraforming the planet?) and socio-politico-based classes with less emphasis on combat (more like repairers, administrators, etc.).

I just haven't had the time to check it out, but this is could be the next MMORPG in my life.

Oh, did I mention it's cel-shaded?

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2006, 09:04:40 AM »

Originally posted by: wandering
*cough*

This will definitely be my next MMO if it does indeed make a comeback.

EDIT: Actually, my friend who was in the beta just informed me that the game was mostly just a big chatroom since all the puzzles had long since been solved. I need a game with some new gameplay concepts to get me back into MMOs again.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2006, 01:11:40 AM »
As I said, Puzzle Pirates.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2006, 08:45:44 PM »

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2006, 11:54:03 PM »

This will definitely be my next MMO if it does indeed make a comeback.

EDIT: Actually, my friend who was in the beta just informed me that the game was mostly just a big chatroom since all the puzzles had long since been solved. I need a game with some new gameplay concepts to get me back into MMOs again.
I'm more interested in the plot/role-playing/environments than the puzzles, personally...
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2006, 04:00:14 AM »
I'm thinking about getting into a MMORPG, but I'm not sure which one. I don't really like Blizzard for reasons I explained in another thread. Right now it will probably be Warhammer: Age of Reckoning (WAAAGH!). Warhammer Orcs rock.

Yerz got to make yer mark summhow. See as a Goblin, yer'll get killed an 'et by Orcs or even other Goblinz if theyz not scared of yer or if yer not useful to 'em. I wozn't all dat big but when an Orc tried to pull me arm off I made 'is 'ead explode. Then dey woz a bit scared of me, an' they knew I'd be useful too.

Orc-speek FTW!
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2006, 04:48:52 AM »
Orks believe in two gods - Gork and Mork- Gork being the god of cunning brutality; and Mork being the god of brutal cunning (the subtle distinction being that one hits you when you're not looking at him, the other hits you hard when you are). Orks can't agree which god plays which role, and debates about this topic often erupt into fighting.

Orks generally tend to distinguish between Gork and Mork as one being mean, and the other being meaner. Some divisions lie in determining who is meaner; another factor preventing Orks from being united.

Wiki (yes, that's the 40k article, the wording in the fantasy one isn't as funny)

EDIT: Come to think of it, why can't Orks use their 40k technology in WH if that stuff was programmed into their genes millions of years ago? Or is that just a low-tech settlement on the planet?

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2006, 05:00:23 AM »
Depends on how you look at it and what part of Warhammer history you use and don't use. At first, the Warhammer world was just a primitive world in the 40k universe caught in a warp storm, but later Games Workshop made them both separate universes.  In Warhammer, enough Waaagh magic flowing around will jar some greenskins to build war machines, so mostly its because the planet is so low-tech.
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2006, 09:02:09 AM »
Would be funny to see the orks fielding a friggin titan in  medieval setting... Do tha red unz still go fasta?

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2006, 11:08:35 AM »

Originally posted by: Sir_Stabbalot
I'm thinking about getting into a MMORPG, but I'm not sure which one. I don't really like Blizzard for reasons I explained in another thread. Right now it will probably be Warhammer: Age of Reckoning (WAAAGH!). Warhammer Orcs rock.

Don't play WoW.

It's a fun leveling treadmill, but one of the reasons leveling is fun is because you think you're building a character which will be useful and powerful later on.

Then, once you reach the level cap, you learn that anything worth doing requires an army of 40 people to do and that you are worthless on your own.

Needless to say, it sucks.

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2006, 02:34:57 PM »
KDR_11k: Heh, I have seen some concept art of an Ork siege tower... Lemme check... Here it is! Completely unsafe, just how Orks like it! And a dev said recently that one of the Orc methods of fast transport will be by catapault. Yes, launched from a giant catapault. Also, it's unknown if you will always survive. Once again, Warhammer OrKs rock!

Smash_Brother: Yeah, I heard the game really dies after you reach 60. And if you try to PvP, there's almost no one playing in the open world, and the battlegrounds are full of people loaded with the absolout best equipment. Warhammer: Age of Reckoning is looking to be a lot better, with city sieges and such.

Gah! I can't wait for the beta! I wantz ta shmash me some stunties*!!!

*Ork slang for Dawrf. Also, Orks and Dwarves are not the only races. Humans (Empire and those corrupted by Chaos), Goblins (or Gobbos as they're more commonly known) Dark Elves and High Elves will all be playable races.  

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2006, 01:16:54 AM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother
Don't play WoW.

It's a fun leveling treadmill, but one of the reasons leveling is fun is because you think you're building a character which will be useful and powerful later on.

Then, once you reach the level cap, you learn that anything worth doing requires an army of 40 people to do and that you are worthless on your own.

Needless to say, it sucks.

pvp

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2006, 01:24:13 AM »
If any body wants to play with internet superstar, me, I'm starting an alt this weekend. Server: bloodscalp (horde)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2006, 02:45:29 AM »
Sir_Stabbalot: Ya but where's the Chaos?

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2006, 05:05:17 AM »
Oh, Chaos (corrupted humans) will also be playable. Thanks for reminding me.