Author Topic: Metroid Other M  (Read 420316 times)

Offline Snipper64

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Snipper64
Re: Metroid Other M
« Reply #100 on: June 03, 2009, 03:11:59 PM »
With or without Itagaki, Team Ninja is still the best Tecmo team when it comes to pushing hardware. The possible heavy story line can be a interesting thing considering that the Metroid series does have a interesting background. Anyways I think this looks awesome and notice the chameleon enemy:

Nice... good to see combo attacks. Also, did any of you notice the invisable one behind the one getting it's brains blown out?
I am matter...I am antimatter...I can see your past...I can see your future...I consume time...and I will consume you!

VOTE FOR CHOANIKI! you know you want too...

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 03, 2009, 03:15:28 PM »
With or without Itagaki, Team Ninja is still the best Tecmo team when it comes to pushing hardware. The possible heavy story line can be a interesting thing considering that the Metroid series does have a interesting background. Anyways I think this looks awesome and notice the chameleon enemy:

Nice... good to see combo attacks. Also, did any of you notice the invisable one behind the one getting it's brains blown out?

Yes we did...
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 03, 2009, 03:19:28 PM »
I'm left cold by it, the emphasis seemed to be story and I don't like story in a Metroid game. Metroid should be about me making the "story" between "Samus arrives" and "Your planet a splode". Pushing forward because I want to see what's there, activating mechanisms because I want to, killing bosses because they're between me and a powerup I want, not doing things because some CO or giant brain in a jar is telling me to.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #103 on: June 03, 2009, 03:24:34 PM »
I'm left cold by it, the emphasis seemed to be story and I don't like story in a Metroid game. Metroid should be about me making the "story" between "Samus arrives" and "Your planet a splode". Pushing forward because I want to see what's there, activating mechanisms because I want to, killing bosses because they're between me and a powerup I want, not doing things because some CO or giant brain in a jar is telling me to.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 03, 2009, 04:12:17 PM »
You're sure extracting a lot of information from a minute-and-a-half long cinematic trailer.  You're old enough to know that what they show in a trailer (especially at this stage in the game's development) isn't necessarily indicative of the final product.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 03, 2009, 05:31:21 PM »
Here's the interview with the developers of the game, which pretty much confirms Nintendo is playing a huge role in it's development.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pager.offset=0&cId=3174587&p=44

In other words, this game should end up great since Sakamoto and his team are the ones in charge and directing the game and Team Ninja is pretty much there to do all the coding and graphics, since Sakamoto and his team have no experience with making 3d games.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 03, 2009, 05:41:59 PM »
I'm still a bit worried at the lack of morph ball in the trailer, I really doubt they would left it out of the final game, but still...
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2009, 05:45:06 PM »
I'm still a bit worried at the lack of morph ball in the trailer, I really doubt they would left it out of the final game, but still...

Well if the games full of ONLY the intense action people think it is based on a short lil trailer, I'm POSITIVE they'll include the morph ball in the game, if only so Samus could speed boost up an enemies pooper and detonate a power bomb from inside of it.

Nice compromise right?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 03, 2009, 09:36:03 PM »
In other words, this game should end up great since Sakamoto and his team are the ones in charge and directing the game and Team Ninja is pretty much there to do all the coding and graphics, since Sakamoto and his team have no experience with making 3d games.

Well Nintendo certainly picked a good developer to do the coding and graphics.Team Ninja is Tecmo's elite development team and knows how to push console capabilities.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 03, 2009, 10:16:37 PM »
Actually this is returning to metroid roots. The first person perspective made really difficult to show just how agile and badass samus is, but all the 2D metroids have shown her doing some crazy stunts, even the prime games when they get the chance with cutscenes, so I'm not the least bit worried about too much "action" from the trailer. I'm more worried about how the gameplay actually is, how are they integrating 2D, 2.5D and 3D, and specially how is the immersion going to be and if they'll play with claustrophobic enviroments which are kind of a staple in the series.

Metroid is the perfect combination of exploration and action and no (main) metroid game has been subpar in that regard, but this is wild, way too different and exciting, I just want to know more! :P
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 03, 2009, 10:41:55 PM »
So...who wants to wager that this will actually be a rated M Metroid?
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 03, 2009, 10:55:12 PM »
That'll be the day...

I expect a T rating, nothing that would push the rating any more than the Prime games did. No suggestive themes, no excessive violence, no blood etc.

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 04, 2009, 12:29:46 AM »
Here's the interview with the developers of the game, which pretty much confirms Nintendo is playing a huge role in it's development.

I just saw this posted on The Metroid Database.  Some stuffs:

1UP: What most people love about Metroid is that it offers a huge, open world. It's non-linear, there's so much to explore, and you can move about at your own pace. Is that something you're going to be retaining for this game, or is it going to be more of a linear, level by level progression?

YS: If you think about this one as being maybe similar to Metroid Fusion, then I think you'll have an idea of how the story will play out. It's still linear in the sense that there's a progression, but there are side areas that players can go into. It will retain that true, Metroid feel.

1UP: So is this being positioned as a spinoff game? Or is it really the next game in the series -- Metroid 5?

YS: It's part of the flow, storywise, between Super Metroid and Fusion.

1UP: I noticed that at the end of the trailer there appeared to be another Samus. What role does she play?

YS: She's not actually a second Samus, but she's a very, very important character within the game.
GOREGASM!

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 04, 2009, 12:41:24 AM »
Well I LOVED Fusion, I don't care what the haters say.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 04, 2009, 01:15:37 AM »
i didnt get to finish fusion because i borrowed it from a friend, but what i did play of it was engaging.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 04, 2009, 01:43:58 AM »
Wow, there sure is a lot of BAWWWWWWWWW in here.

Oh no, it doesn't fit your incredibly narrow view of what a "Metroid game" is, therefore it sucks!
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 04, 2009, 03:04:59 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX1pqMwvM8U

No morph balls in '01 prime 1 demo either, but lots of action.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 04, 2009, 03:41:09 AM »
How can any doubt the game now that we know Sakamoto and his team are the ones in charge? Like I suspected, Team Ninja is there for their guidance on building the visuals and a 3D environment.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 04, 2009, 03:46:51 AM »
Frankly, this is the Metroid game I've been waiting for. I've always been in the "Oh man Samus is so badass why can't we have a game that finally shows it off" camp, and this looks to do just that.
-Travis Touchdown

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #119 on: June 04, 2009, 03:47:58 AM »

Came here to post this gif. Looking forward to a non-lame metroid!

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 04, 2009, 03:50:20 AM »
You mean the .gif that appears two times on this very page, and once on the last page?

EDIT: Well, three times on this page now.
-Travis Touchdown

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 04, 2009, 04:10:58 AM »

FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 04, 2009, 05:39:08 AM »
Frankly, this is the Metroid game I've been waiting for. I've always been in the "Oh man Samus is so badass why can't we have a game that finally shows it off" camp, and this looks to do just that.

In many ways I agree, we've only seen snippets of Samus the Bounty Hunter and her fighting abilities. We know she is supposed to be an amazing fighter but so far the exploration and shooting aspect of it has been shown.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Rize

• Disgruntled
  • Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 04, 2009, 12:02:22 PM »

Just like I said Ian

Offline jakeOSX

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 04, 2009, 12:12:33 PM »
1UP: I noticed that at the end of the trailer there appeared to be another Samus. What role does she play?

YS: She's not actually a second Samus, but she's a very, very important character within the game.

ah, well so much for my speculations. and i was so looking forward to darth arun