Author Topic: E3 2009 to reveal big software, from the man himself, Iwata. PS2 in his sights.  (Read 95152 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Really? Mickey Soft revealed one too? Maybe I should go read what else I missed today from their show.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Say what? Nintendo is really creating a motion camera to combat Microsoft's ridiculous accessory? That seems unecessary with Wii Motion Plus in the works...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Maybe that's the thing Nintendo told stores to save room for this holiday?

I think the console wars are about to get a little more epic. Oh, Joy, the good times are back! ;D
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
Say what? Nintendo is really creating a motion camera to combat Microsoft's ridiculous accessory? That seems unecessary with Wii Motion Plus in the works...

Ubisoft is making it and it will first be used with a fitness game. Nintendo may only be working with Ubisoft to help them out, I wouldn't read too into it.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Oh okay, but that's still weird.

Can somebody please link to the announcement of Ubisoft's camera? There are a lot of posts to sift through around here and it would take me forever to find it.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Oh okay, but that's still weird.

Can somebody please link to the announcement of Ubisoft's camera? There are a lot of posts to sift through around here and it would take me forever to find it.
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/01/joystiq-live-from-ubisofts-e3-2009-keynote/

http://games.ign.com/articles/988/988881p1.html

It's near the end of the conference.:)
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Thats not ironic
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Depending on what the camera can actually see, this could just be Nintendo's pre-emptive "yeah we can do it too" and completely take wind out of Sony & MS's sails.

The camera could also be used for a Mario Kart Arcade, they can finally bring home an arcade perfect port.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
I don't imagine that Ubi's camera solution is nearly as robust as MS'. I remember Gates talking about camera recognition tech back before around the wii launch, so I'd think MS has some deeper investment in their camera than a third party like Ubisoft.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
I doubt Ubisoft will charge $200 for theirs though.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
No doubt it will be much cheaper, but it is obviously being built to recognize body shape and movement.
I pretty sure that it wouldn't cost more than $90-$100 for the fitness game with a bundled in camera.

& if they really want to sell that game and camera, they better be damn well sure Nintendo is sold on the idea so they can officially endorse the camera and use it in their own projects and also get other 3rd parties involved. Half of whats gonna sell a peripheral to the masses this late in the game will be the sheer amount of software that uses it. Or its gonna have to be some MUST-HAVE software properly marketed like WiiFit & EA Sports Active.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile

No no no. I'm sure this was an accident. We should even really care about this camera. It probably won't do anything we will be interested in. Probably just for fitness games or others.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
Remember the good old days when cameras were supposed to be used for FPS facemapping? There's too much richard simmoning up of gaming :(
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
OH SH!T, it looks like we have our megaton.

It's looks like that big Mario game that comes out this year could be a New Super Mario Bros game for the Wii.  Recent images from IGN have shown the Wii section, and right now there a big area with it's banner covered.  When you enlarge the images you can clearly see the outlines of Fire Flowers with boxes under one of the banners and under another, the words Super Mario Bros are clearly outlined with the font that Nintendo used for New Super Mario Bros title.

Damn, this is going to be one hell of a show if this is indeed true.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Luigi Dude... if it aint true...
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
I want zelda, f-zero, and a real online structure and the most immersive motion experience ever. :)

/end wish

Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
Have you been a good boy this year?
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
I want a new 2D Metroid for Wii.
GOREGASM!

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
Have you been a good boy this year?

well no, but my money is good.

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
OH SH!T, it looks like we have our megaton.

It's looks like that big Mario game that comes out this year could be a New Super Mario Bros game for the Wii.  Recent images from IGN have shown the Wii section, and right now there a big area with it's banner covered.  When you enlarge the images you can clearly see the outlines of Fire Flowers with boxes under one of the banners and under another, the words Super Mario Bros are clearly outlined with the font that Nintendo used for New Super Mario Bros title.

Damn, this is going to be one hell of a show if this is indeed true.
where is the link and/or the pics!!? don't make us go look around!!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Super Mario Bros. Wii!!??
« Reply #370 on: June 02, 2009, 02:42:08 AM »
x-rayd version of images from IGN

you can clearly see a fire flower

You can easily make out Super at the top

and these are hung in the Wii section of the booth for those wondering
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 02:50:12 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
Those boxes are full of Icarus hopes that are going to be shredded tomorrow

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Oh, Joy, the good times are back! ;D

Only if you're a non-gamer.

I personally don't care about dance mats and cameras. To me, these things should have absolutely nothing to do with gaming. Just give me a new 2D Metroid and a sequel to Super Mario RPG and I'll be satisfied for the year.
is your sanity...

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
Oh, Joy, the good times are back! ;D

Only if you're a non-gamer.

I personally don't care about dance mats and cameras. To me, these things should have absolutely nothing to do with gaming. Just give me a new 2D Metroid and a sequel to Super Mario RPG and I'll be satisfied for the year.

Gaming is for ME no one else. ::cries::
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
Duh, you can't spell game without me