Author Topic: Microsoft and Sony Forced To Work Together! (sort of)  (Read 1912 times)

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
Microsoft and Sony Forced To Work Together! (sort of)
« on: January 12, 2008, 12:12:24 PM »
I just thought this was an interesting tidbit, but it's true; with Ford using the Sync system powered by Microsoft in their cars, and now signing a deal with Sony to have their speakers, amps, and further down the road some equipment to give Ford's the "the Sony entertainment electronics look and feel in its stereos".

Of course any audio (entertainment) system has to be paired to it's speakers, and their capabilities thus they work together.

Next Microsoft and Nintendo are going to create the Wii720  
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE:Microsoft and Sony Forced To Work Together! (sort of)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 05:25:11 PM »
So? In CES Microsoft used Sony Vaio laptops. Just because a company is competitors in one sector doesn't mean they can co-operate in another sector.
Heres some examples:
Sony's computers - use Microsoft's operating systems/ Sony and Microsoft compete in the video game market
Toshiba and Sony made the Cell Processor and Sony sold off the Cell manufacturing plant Toshiba/ Blu-ray is Sony's format HD-DVD is Toshiba's format
Sony provides media content to the Xbox Live Market Place/ Sony is a direct competitor of Xbox
Microsoft supposedly used G5 Macs as a preliminary dev kit for xbox360/ Apple is a direct competitor in the OS and software market and MP3 market.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Microsoft and Sony Forced To Work Together! (sort of)
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 07:23:14 PM »

Microsoft used G5 Macs as a preliminary dev kit for xbox360/ Apple is a direct competitor in the OS and software market and MP3 market.

MS used G5 machines because the xbox360's architecture and that of the G5s were the closest at the time.

Fun fact of the day.

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
RE: Microsoft and Sony Forced To Work Together! (sort of)
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 08:13:49 PM »
And then a few months later Apple switched to Intel processors because they were ashamed of that. And hey, it's Mashiro, haven't seen you in a while.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
RE:Microsoft and Sony Forced To Work Together! (sort of)
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 04:00:52 PM »
lol sorry i just thought it was a little funny take it easy i work with my competitors all the time just look at this thread
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.