Author Topic: IronFall: Invasion coming to North America on February 26  (Read 2540 times)

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Re: IronFall: Invasion coming to North America on February 26
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 11:06:37 PM »
Did anyone try the demo version? I didn't like the controls to start with, but I set the sensitivity to max for camera control. I used the stylus controls, and they work rather well. Doing things like going down a series of stairs where you have to keep doing 90 degree turns can be awkward to do, but overall the controls feel nice.

Tried multiplayer and got second place in a match of two other people. It was fun, but I don't see myself buying the full game.

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 05:32:59 PM »
I have it a run through and thought it was enjoyable.  Still not sure I'd purchase the full game yet as my time is limited and I'm already swamped with monster hunter 4, the usual backlog plus upcoming releases.

I did find it very surprising how good the nub performed for a shooter. I initially thought it'll be a hot mess but I actually managed well with it.  The mechanics are solid but the game is so generic that its keeping me from going all in.  It is basically Gears of War in your pocket though lol. 

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 11:34:48 PM »
Yeah, it's quite vanilla in presentation. Save for the voice acting, which is awkward at best.
Though if one doesn't have any other platform besides a Nintendo one, it's a good change of pace to play this style of game.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 07:18:39 PM »
I tried the demo, felt a little awkward. Gears of War felt a little awkward to me as well, so it could just be me. Nice to see a 3D shooter on the 3DS though.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 01:01:48 PM »
I've been playing the game and I'm to the 4th "area" which I believe is the halfway point of the game, and I can truly say the level they let you demo at the start is the least interesting in comparison with the rest of the title. That's not to say the game is amazing, but the game does have a certain charm, and gets much cooler as you continue through. The main character continues to pick up more intense and ridiculous weapons as you progress, the difficulty does spike several times, and most interesting of all, a second character becomes playable, whose gameplay style is still cover-based but a lot riskier and satisfying. I'm impressed with the amount of content the game has so far, and while none of it has been ground breaking, it has a certain feel that is quite nice for an eShop game. It's made me consider picking up the multiplayer to see how that fares.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.