Author Topic: Episode 337: Eat My Maturity!  (Read 8935 times)

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 337: Eat My Maturity!
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2013, 07:02:42 AM »
There aren't as many good stingers as there used to be simply because these things don't usually get recorded at all. As the podcast grew in length, the guys (before my time) started recording in three parts. And it works well, so we keep doing it that way. But as a result, the stuff said in between segments is lost.

This was a special case since we were waiting for James to return to clap and end the recording.

I got a lot of positive feedback on it. Makes me glad! I do try to preserve this stuff when I can.
Based on comments made in the past, the podcast is recorded via each member recording their own mic audio and then sending the tracks to you for combining/editing right?

It would be less than ideal, but one way to potentially record material for stingers would be for one of you to use a secondary recording program (like I-Sound Pro Recorder or some such) to record the sound from their computer speakers (the speakers themselves wouldn't have to be on since the recorder is just capturing the data sent to the speakers. This would only work for detachable speakers that can be turned off, otherwise the Skype call could be heard and your mic could pick it up, interfering with your main individual recording.). That would record the Skype conversation.

Admittedly, it would be all four voices at once and subject to Skype's occasional hiccups, lag, etc. But it could be a way to capture stinger material.