Author Topic: X-Men to Have All-Star Voice Talent  (Read 2038 times)

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
X-Men to Have All-Star Voice Talent
« on: April 24, 2006, 12:21:59 PM »
Count on hearing Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart.

HUGH JACKMAN, PATRICK STEWART, ALAN CUMMING AND SHAWN ASHMORE LEND THEIR  VOICES TO ACTIVISION'S X-MEN: THE OFFICIAL GAME INSPIRED BY THE FILM SERIES  BASED ON MARVEL'S LEGENDARY SUPER HERO FRANCHISE    

Santa Monica, CA - April 24, 2006 - Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Alan  Cumming and Shawn Ashmore will reprise their X-Men film roles and lend their  voices to Marvel's world famous mutants - Logan/Wolverine, Professor Charles  Xavier, Kurt Wagner/Nightcrawler and Bobby Drake/Iceman - in Activision  Inc.'s X-Men: The Official Game.   The game catapults players into an  original storyline that serves as a prelude to Twentieth Century Fox and  Marvel Studio's upcoming film, 'X-Men: The Last Stand,' and allows them to  command the distinct powers of Wolverine, Nightcrawler and Iceman as they  face off against formidable enemies, battle through massive environments and  embark on an epic quest to save mutant-kind.      

"Having these actors renew their movie characters in X-Men: The Official  Game immerses gamers in the X-Men movie universe," said Will Kassoy, vice  president of global brand management, Activision Publishing.    "Players  will experience epic battles and uncover the events behind Nightcrawler's  mysterious disappearance and the roles the X-Men and Brotherhood play in the  upcoming film."    

Co-written by Zak Penn, one of the film's screenwriters, and legendary comic  book writer Chris Claremont, X-Men: The Official Game enables players to  assume the roles of Wolverine, Nightcrawler, and Iceman as they wield and  upgrade their signature powers and maneuver through unique environments  designed to showcase their Super Hero abilities.  Assisted by other Marvel  X-Men mutants, players use an advanced control scheme to master and evolve  the characters as they unleash Wolverine's combat rage, experience  Nightcrawler's acrobatics and teleportation powers, and tear through the air  on Iceman's ice slide.    

X-Men: The Official Game is being developed by Z-Axis for the PlayStation*2  computer entertainment system and the Xbox* and Xbox* 360 video game systems  from Microsoft.  The NintendoR GameCube* version is being developed by  Hypnos Entertainment; the Nintendo DS* version by Amaze Entertainment; the  Game BoyR Advance version by Wayforward Technologies and Beenox Studios is  developing the PC version.    

The PC and console games are rated "T" (Teen - with violence) by the ESRB  and the Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS titles are rated "E-10+" for  (Everyone 10 and older - with fantasy violence).  X-Men: The Official Game  will debut at retail outlets nationwide on Tuesday, May 16, 2006.

I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: X-Men to Have All-Star Voice Talent
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 10:07:03 PM »
This is the coolest news I've heard all year, I don't even need to bother with E3 now! Deg agrees with me on this.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 10:08:00 PM »
Wow! E3 has come early, nice to see all these awesome tidbits trickling in.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 11:43:29 PM »
What, no Ian Mckellen?
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 12:27:33 AM »
Meh, am I the only one who doesn't really care about voiceovers? There nice, but whoop-de-doo. Give me all text Zelda!

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 12:35:02 AM »
They are the future of gaming! Oh how we've advanced, back in the day it was just annoying beeps and blips, now we get professional hollywood voice talent!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
RE:X-Men to Have All-Star Voice Talent
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 12:51:32 AM »
I have absolutely no trust in voice-overs unless either Blizzard or Disney are running the show. *shrug*

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE:X-Men to Have All-Star Voice Talent
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 09:22:45 AM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
Meh, am I the only one who doesn't really care about voiceovers? There nice, but whoop-de-doo. Give me all text Zelda!
>Link enters room.
>Octorok appears.
>Octorok attacks.
>Link uses shield to block.
>Link attacks.
>Octorok is beaten.
>Another Octorok appears.

You get the point.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!