Poll

Will Nintendo pull off another 30 for 30 in Japan sales this year and, if so, how many times?

Yes. 1 time.
1 (9.1%)
Yes. 2 times.
0 (0%)
Yes. 3 times.
1 (9.1%)
Yes. 4 times.
1 (9.1%)
Yes. 5 times.
1 (9.1%)
Yes. 6 times.
0 (0%)
Yes. 7 times.
1 (9.1%)
Yes. 8 times.
0 (0%)
Yes. 9 times.
2 (18.2%)
Ninten-domination! 10 times or more that the top 30 goes to Nintendo Software.
4 (36.4%)
No. It doesn't happen once this year. Sony plays spoiler.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 16, 2023, 10:54:36 AM

Author Topic: Official Sales Thread  (Read 3166514 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Official Wii Sales Thread
« Reply #5475 on: January 15, 2010, 03:45:50 AM »
But hopefully at some point all of this cash Nintendo is making will be used to fund hardcore games....

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=29920.msg577902#msg577902

That;s assuming they bring it to the West. I still have a feeling it's going to be barred by our foolish regional headquarters. I still want to know where Tact of Magic, ASH and Soma Bringer went. I've given up hope on Fatal Frame and Disaster.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #5476 on: January 15, 2010, 04:48:06 AM »
So actually, Nintendo is pursuing hardcore games... NOA is just failing to localize them?
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #5477 on: January 15, 2010, 05:06:29 AM »
So actually, Nintendo is pursuing hardcore games... NOA is just failing to localize them?

We're still waiting for Captain Rainbow to make his way to these shores. *cry*
is your sanity...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5478 on: January 15, 2010, 05:19:07 AM »

Honestly, a lot of my personal frustration does lay with NoA, but I am suspecting that some of the failures are from stubborn NCL decisions. It was NCL, I believe, that made the decision to not bring Fatal Frame over because of the refusal of Tecmo to fix up the game. But in the case of Reginleiv I do think it will be an NoA decision due to their concern over their 'family friendly' image they hold so dear.
My Game Collection

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5479 on: January 15, 2010, 07:14:22 AM »
Except that it does.  When the casuals jump all over a title aimed atthem (Wii Fit and Wii Play, for example), but not a title aimed atcasual & core (Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3, for example),which do you think Nintendo focuses on making and which do you think3rd parties see as titles that must be made?  More casual titles,because that's what sells on Wii.

Seriously, do you even bother to check anything before you post?  You say that casuals buying Wii Fit and Wii Play over Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 are going to make Nintendo focus on making more games like Wii Fit/Play instead of Mario/Metroid.  And yet in 2010, the two biggest games that's Nintendo's offically announced for the year are Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid: Other M, while they haven't announced any new Wii___ games at all.

I just love how the usual complainers always act like E3 2009 never happened.  I guess the upcoming Zelda Wii that Miyamoto and Aonuma keep talking about doesn't exist either then?

NOA is just failing to localize them?

It's always been this way.  It took them over a decade to finally bring the Fire Emblem and Wars series to America so this is no surprise.  Hell, the upcoming Glory of Hercules for the DS was originally released in Japan in May 2008.  Even though RPG's have lots of text, I'm pretty sure there's not enough in this game to take over 1.5 years to translate.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5480 on: January 15, 2010, 08:24:02 AM »
Nintendo tossing us a bone or two every few years doesn't invalidate my point that the casuals ignoring core titles has made those titles much more rare on the console, and conversely the casual titles much more numerous (with a couple bridge games as well) from both Nintendo and 3rd parties.  Of the 3 main games you mentioned, the only one we can be sure is coming out this year is Galaxy 2 because that game is supposedly already finished.  I have heavy doubts that we'll see Zelda this year (in North America, anyway), and even Other M looks doubtful until we see more of it (hopefully at GDC and E3).  And in the midst of all this, where's Pikmin 3?  That game was announced at E3 2008, and as RFN has noted we've heard next to nothing about it since and it could very well no longer exist.

And incidentally, we already have "Wii Relax" on our radar, so that's one Wii______ already this year.  I doubt with the Wonderful World of the Vitality Sensor ahead of us that it'll be the only casual title from Nintendo this year.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 08:36:16 AM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5481 on: January 15, 2010, 09:04:38 AM »
But again, how is that hurting anything? What you're suggesting is that all these people buying Wiis isn't helping the hardcore library, and that might be true, but you aren't demonstrating that it is hurting it in any way.

Where it hurts is that the whole goal of Nintendo's Blue Ocean strategy is to draw new gamers in with casual titles (Stage 1) and then shift them into traditional titles via bridge titles (Stage 2).  This is a perfectly reasonable strategy that I have no issue with.  I don't have a problem with there being Wii Sports and its ilk on the Wii.  Where I take issue is that these casual players so far don't seem to have ventured into traditional gaming (Stage 3) and have remained at best at Stage 2 (the bridge games).  So while Nintendo has to keep making Stage 1 and the occasional Stage 2 games to keep this new audience they've acquired satiated, the traditional gamers start having to look elsewhere to satisfy their gaming needs and that depletes the traditional gamer market on the Wii (either through completely selling off the console or just finding better games to spend their money on on other platforms).  When the time comes around that a traditional gamer title gets released, there's fewer traditional gamers to buy the product and there's no supply of new-ly converted gamers to fill the gap.  Then we enter into a vicious cycle where companies look at those results and interpret it as meaning that the Wii is a console where traditional games cannot thrive.  They release fewer traditional games, more traditional gamers look elsewhere, and the cycle repeats.

I don't want this to be a "traditional vs. casual" argument, because that's not really what I'm going for.  I'm perfectly fine with everyone getting games that satisfies everyone's tastes, but it doesn't seem like our casual cousins are ever going to venture over to this side of the Blue Ocean and they are the ones with the buying power these days.  In any case, all I ever intended to do in the first place was respond to Mop's rather pointed comment.  I never meant for it to monopolize the thread (though I figured it would), so I'm done arguing it for the time being.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 09:30:29 AM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #5482 on: January 15, 2010, 09:41:48 AM »
I think that's a wrong interpretation of Disruption, Nintendo goes upmarket but with new values, not the old ones. They aren't trying to move those new gamers to the old games (after all they had 20 years to pick them up), they are establishing a new type of gaming with new values. Mario Kart and NSMBW also share those new values despite being old designs (Sean Malstrom claims the "new" values are actually just a return to the arcade/NES days, I know my parents count as casual gamers now but they used to play a lot on their 2600 back in the day).

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5483 on: January 15, 2010, 09:49:04 AM »
And in the midst of all this, where's Pikmin 3?  That game was announced at E3 2008, and as RFN has noted we've heard next to nothing about it since and it could very well no longer exist.
Nintendo wouldn't cancel a game unless they had a good reason to do it. There is no way in hell they would cancel, of all things, a Pikmin game that Miyamoto said was being made. Unless, of course, they wanted a more powerful system.

That's just a wild guess, but the game is in no way cancelled.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #5484 on: January 15, 2010, 01:01:16 PM »
Broodwars: Sounds like you are saying that Nintendo is doing a bang up jump of bringing in the casuals(stocking the lake) and proving bridge games(baiting the hook), but then no one is transitioning them in to traditional gamers. So it sounds like your beef isn't with Nintendo, but your beef is more that 3rd parties aren't doing their part on the Wii if you can't find what your looking for.

I don't smoke anymore, but 3rd parties remining me of those people that would come up to you and ask to bum a smoke, so you give them a cigarette, then they ask to borrow a light, you look at them funny but you light the cigarette for them but have to ask "Would you like me smoke that for you too?".

Is Nintendo really expected to do everything? 3rd parties aren't even trying to fill the gaps in the Wii release schedule even when Nintendo purposely leaves them wiiiiiiiiide open. All 3rd parties have done is copy some of the early things that Nintendo has done successfully on the Wii, do it extremely cheaply and repeatedly until it doesn't sell anymore. But just like the 3rd parties you blame Nintendo for this?

You say that there are no "traditional" gamers left on the Wii (outside of Nintendo fans), and it may or may not be true, but it's no one fault but the 3rd parties.

Nintendo releases WiiSports
3rd Parties see sports mini games. Deca Sports and countless other sports minis are born

Nintendo releases WiiPlay
3rd parties see mini game collection. Carnival games, Raving Rabbids and countless other minigame collection are born. Not to mention that that for some reason Light Gun games and On Rails shooters become a focus.

Nintendo releases Mario Galaxy
3rd parties ignore it because it's Mario. Where are all the damn platformers?

Nintendo releases Metroid Prime 3
3rd parties ignore that too. Wii owners don't like 1st person shooters.

Nintendo releases WiiFit
3rd parties see fitness games. Some good software actually came from this, but there are still some very obvious gaps being left wide open.

Now you have to look at 3rd party success that hasn't even been followed up and much less even copied.

Capcom re-re-releases Resident Evil 4.
Does Capcom follow that up with a similar style game?
Nope. RE5, Lost Planet, Dead Rising and anything else in the genre never shows up.
Does EA capitalize and release Dead Space on Wii to fill the obvious gap being ignored here?
of course not.
Does any 3rd party put any sort of effort into filling the 3rd person shooter gap on the Wii?

CoD whatever is released.
Does Activision push for more.... yeah, but late ports on low budgets.
Conduit is released. Solid effort from a C grade studio that actually brought something to the table.
Does anyone try to step up and be the FPS of the Wii?
Nah... but here is another 2yr late port.

So you can't blame Nintendo for the shortcoming in the Wii line up when it is the job of the 3rd parties to get in there and make the games that fill out the line up. I don't see anyone pointing any fingers at Sony or MS for having the 3rd parties do 90% of their heavy lifting  while Nintendo carries all their own weight.

Nintendo is selling more hardware to more people faster than any console or handheld before this gen and 3rfd parties are abandoning the platform because they forgot how to make games that aren't HD? And when they do manage to make something worthwhile, they send it out to die with absolutely no advertising whatsoever.That is ridiculous and for every 3rd party that fails to stay profitable this generation has no one but themselves to blame.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 01:05:04 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5485 on: January 15, 2010, 03:08:03 PM »
BlacknMild wins 2010 post of the year.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5486 on: January 15, 2010, 03:27:30 PM »
We should tie down some studio execs and make them read that 1000 times.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #5487 on: January 15, 2010, 03:38:32 PM »
I've always thought it was strange whenever somebody is disappointed by the sales of a product which doesn't interest them when it doesn't really affect the sales of products which do interest them.
Except that it does.  When the casuals jump all over a title aimed at them (Wii Fit and Wii Play, for example), but not a title aimed at casual & core (Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3, for example), which do you think Nintendo focuses on making and which do you think 3rd parties see as titles that must be made?  More casual titles, because that's what sells on Wii.
There is a simple answer here: if the Wii does not satisfy your gaming needs, then buy another system (which I believe you did). No matter what people say, I don't think the high sales of Wii mean that the XBox 360 or PS3 are going to be discontinued. And even in the off chance that they are, I'm sure some other company will come along and release a similar product in its place. There will always be alternatives, and that was my point.

Nintendo tossing us a bone or two every few years
Even although your original point was system sales, I'll comment on this too. When has Nintendo ever released more than a few games every year? After a quick search using your game-type criteria, I found that for the first three years of the system's market life, there were ten games released on the Nintendo 64, fourteen on the GameCube, and twelve on Wii. It doesn't seem to me that Nintendo have released less games that are "core", "traditional", or whatever silly term you'd like to use.

Holy crap, we won by one!  http://www.nba.com/video/games/jazz/2010/01/14/0020900570_cle_uta_play4.nba/  :D
Congratulations! :)

Offline SalesBot

• Score: 40
    • View Profile
NPD December 2009
« Reply #5488 on: January 15, 2010, 06:04:45 PM »
NPD December 2009

Spirit Tracks > 600k
50k > Silent Hill > FF:CC:TCB

Platform
WII - 7
NDS - 6
360 - 4
PS3 - 3

Publisher
Nintendo - 9
EA - 3
Ubisoft - 3
Activision - 2
Sega - 2
Warner Bros. - 1
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 06:22:14 PM by SalesBot »
"To Report, Not Decide"<BR>Soon to be New & Improved!!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #5489 on: January 15, 2010, 06:43:30 PM »
One statistic was forgotten

# of games with Mario in the Title
7 or more than 1/3 of the Top 20

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5490 on: January 15, 2010, 06:45:13 PM »
I think the highest ranking PSP game was like #150 for November, I wonder where the highest selling PSP game was for December?
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5491 on: January 15, 2010, 06:46:59 PM »
Would have been funny if NSMB DS made it into the top 10 as well. only two spots shy of making it.
My Game Collection

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #5492 on: January 15, 2010, 07:01:38 PM »
You know, if Reggie grew a moustache he could probably pass himself off as Mario.
is your sanity...

Offline Matthew²

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5493 on: January 15, 2010, 08:28:45 PM »
Nice to see Scribblenauts hanging around the the top 20. I wonder where its LTD stands now. 500k? 600k?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5494 on: January 15, 2010, 08:40:15 PM »
Silent Hill deserves MOAR

Offline SalesBot

• View Profile
NPD December 2009
« Reply #5495 on: January 15, 2010, 09:10:22 PM »
Assassins Creed 2 [PS3] 417,000
Borderlands ~300,000
The Saboteur < 125,000
GH:Van Halen [All systems] < 75,000

DJ Hero > 800,000 (LTD)
CoD4:MW[Reflex] > 500k (LTD)
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 < 500k (LTD)
Excitebots ~110k (LTD)

Offline SalesBot

• View Profile
Amazon Top 5 - 1/14/2010
« Reply #5496 on: January 16, 2010, 02:47:23 AM »
Amazon Top 5 Game Sales (World Wide) - 1/14/2010

Wii
North America:
1. Just Dance (Ubisoft)
2. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo)
3. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
4. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo)
5. Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board (Nintendo)

Japan:
1. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo)
2. Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board (Nintendo)
3. BioHazard: The Darkside Chronicles Special Edition (Capcom)
4. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
5. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo)

UK:
1. Just Dance (Ubisoft)
2. Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board (Nintendo)
3. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo)
4. Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
5. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)

Xbox 360
North America:
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision)
2. Assassin's Creed II (Ubisoft)
3. Army of Two: The 40th Day (EA Games)
4. Bayonetta (Sega),
5. Left 4 Dead 2 (EA Games)

Japan:
1. Steins;Gate (5pb)
2. Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (Codemasters)
3. Batman: Arkham Asylum (Square Enix)
4. Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition (Bethesda)
5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Square Enix)

UK:
2. Borderlands (2K Games)
3. FIFA 10 (EA Sports)
4. Forza Motorsport 3 (Microsoft)
5. Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City (Rockstar)

PS3
North America:
1. God of War Collection (SCEA)
2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision)
3. Assassin's Creed II (Ubisoft)
4. LittleBigPlanet: Game of the Year Edition (SCEA)
5. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (SCEA)

Japan:
1. Final Fantasy XIII (Square Enix)
2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Square Enix)
3. Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (Codemasters)
4. Batman: Arkham Asylum (Square Enix)
5. Demon's Souls (SCEI)

UK:
2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (SCEE)
3. FIFA 10 (EA Sports)
4. Darksiders (THQ)
5. James Cameron's Avatar: The Game (Ubisoft)

PS2
North America:
1. God of War (SCEA)
2. Final Fantasy X (Square Enix)
3. Kingdom Hearts II (Square Enix)
4. Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection (Konami)
5. Kingdom Hearts (Square Enix).

Japan:
1. Hakuouki: Zuisouroku (Idea Factory)
2. Amagami (Enterbrain)
3. Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+ (Square Enix)
4. Persona 4 (Atlus)
5. World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010 (Konami)

UK:
1. SingStar: Take That (SCEE)
2. FIFA 10 (EA Sports)
3. SingStar: ABBA (SCEE)
4. SingStar: Queen (SCEE)
5. WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2010 (THQ)

PC
North America:
1. The Sims 3 (EA Games)
2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision)
3. Aion: The Tower of Eternity Steelbook Edition (NCSoft)
4. Dragon Age: Origins (EA Games)
5. World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (Blizzard)

Japan:
1. Monster Hunter Frontier Online Season 7.0 Premium Package (Capcom)
2. Left 4 Dead 2 (Zoo)
3. SimCity 4 Deluxe (EA Games)
4. Ragnarok Online 7th Anniversary Package (E Frontier)
5. Hearts of Iron III (Cyber Front)

UK:
1. Football Manager 2010 (Sega)
2. The Sims 3 (EA Games)
3. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision)
4. The Sims 3: World Adventures Expansion Pack (EA Games)
5. Dragon Age: Origins (EA Games)

NDS
North America:
1. The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (Nintendo)
2. New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
3. Mario Kart DS (Nintendo)
4. Scribblenauts (Warner Bros.)
5. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Sega)

Japan:
1. Tomodachi Collection (Nintendo)
2. Zelda no Densetsu: Daichi no Kiteki (Nintendo)
3. Last Window: Mayonaka no Yakusoku (Nintendo)
4. Love Plus (Konami)
5. Layton Kyouju to Majin no Fue (Level 5)

UK:
1. Professor Layton and Pandora's Box (Nintendo)
2. Professor Layton and the Curious Village (Nintendo)
3. Peppa Pig: The Game (Ubisoft)
4. Scrabble 2009 (Ubisoft)
5. New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)

PSP
North America:
1. Tekken 6 (Namco Bandai)
2. God of War: Chains of Olympus (SCEA)
3. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (Square Enix)
4. Resistance: Retribution (SCEA)
5. Dissidia Final Fantasy (Square Enix)

Japan:
1. Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (Square Enix)
2. Kentoushi: Gladiator Begins (Acquire)
3. Phantasy Star Portable 2 (Sega)
4. Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (Capcom)
5. Hakuouki Portable (Idea Factory)

UK:
1. FIFA 10 (EA Sports)
2. LittleBigPlanet (SCEE)
3. Invizimals (SCEE)
4. Gran Turismo (SCEE)
5. Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron (LucasArts)

Source: Gamasutra.com

Offline SalesBot

• View Profile
Media Create: 1/04 - 1/10 *updated*
« Reply #5497 on: January 16, 2010, 03:32:20 AM »
Media Create: 1/04 - 1/10

01. / 00.  [PSP] Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (Square Enix) - 445.962 / NEW
02. / 01. [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo) - 158.994 / 2.867.486 (-41%)
03. / 02. [NDS] Friend Collection (Nintendo) - 93.912 / 2.596.281 (-49%)
04. / 05. [WII] Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo) - 53.569 / 1.474.163 (-49%)
05. / 03. [NDS] The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (Nintendo) - 48.518 / 466.317 (-62%)
06. / 04. [PS3] Final Fantasy XIII (Square Enix) - 41.663 / 1.843.843 (-63%)
07. / 06. [NDS] Pokemon Heart Gold / Soul Silver (Pokemon Co.) - 37.283 / 3.576.518 (-50%)
08. / 07. [NDS] Inazuma Eleven 2: Threat of the Invaders - Fire / Blizzard (Level 5) - 36.634 / 1.013.000 (-47%)
09. / 08. [WII] Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo) - 32.738 / 1.668.000 (-52%)
10. / 09. [PSP] Phantasy Star Portable 2 (Sega) - 26.775 / 532.000 (-40%)

11. / 11. [WII] Taiko Drum Master Wii 2 (Namco Bandai)
12. / 17. [PSP] Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP the Best Reprint) (Capcom)
13. / 15. [PSP] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010 (Konami)
14. / 12. [WII] Momotaro Railway 2010: Sengoku Ishin no Hero Daishuugou! no Maki (Hudson)
15. / 13. [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
16. / 20. [PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Square Enix)
17. / 10. [NDS] Professor Layton and the Flute of Malevolent Destiny (Level 5)
18. / 14. [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
19. / 16. [WII] PokePark Wii: Pikachu's Great Adventure (Pokemon Co.)
20. / 18. [PSP] Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam Vs. Gundam Next Plus (Namco Bandai)
21. / 22. [NDS] Pen 1 Grand Prix: A Penguin's Trouble Special (Konami)
22. / 19. [NDS] Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Nintendo)
23. / 21. [WII] Samurai Warriors 3 (Koei)
24. / 25. [NDS] Tamagotchi no Narikiri Channel (Namco Bandai)
25. / 30. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010 (Konami)
26. / 27. [NDS] Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (Square Enix)
27. / 29. [NDS] Mario Kart DS (Nintendo)
28. / 24. [NDS] Powerful Pro-Kun Pocket 12 (Konami)
29. / 26. [PSP] Naruto: Shippuden Narutimate Accelerator 3 (Namco Bandai)
30. / 33. [WII] Tales of Graces (Namco Bandai)

31. / 37. [PS2] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010 (Konami)
32. / 31. [NDS] Doraemon Baseball 2: Nettou Ultra Stadium (Namco Bandai)
33. / 34. [NDS] Metal Fight Beyblade: Bakutan Cyber Pegasus (Hudson)
34. / 36. [WII] Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Nintendo)
35. / 28. [WII] Animal Crossing: City Folk (Nintendo)
36. / 38. [PSP] Queen's Blade: Spiral Chaos (Namco Bandai)
37. / 46. [PS3] Assassin's Creed II (Ubisoft)
38. / 00. [PS3] Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Legendary Hits) (Activision)
39. / 35. [WII] Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Nintendo)
40. / 00. [NDS] Love Plus (Konami)
41. / 23. [WII] Wii Play (Nintendo)
42. / 49. [PS3] Yakuza 3 (PlayStation 3 the Best) (Sega)
43. / 40. [PSP] Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines (Ubisoft)
44. / 42. [WII] Monster Hunter 3 (Capcom)
45. / 44. [NDS] Gokujou!! Mecha Mote Iinchou: MM Miracle Change in Town! (Konami)
46. / 32. [WII] Karaoke Joysound Wii DX (Hudson)
47. / 45. [NDS] Rhythm Heaven: Tap into the Rhythm (Nintendo)
48. / 00. [NDS] Puyo Puyo 7 (Sega)
49. / 48. [PSP] Gran Turismo: The Real Driving Simulation (SCE)
50. / 00. [PSP] Tokimeki Memorial 4 (Konami)

00. / 00. [ALL] Weekly Software Sales (All Publishers) - 1.766.699 / 4.190.631 (-27%)

NDS - 18
WII - 15
PSP - 10
PS3 - 6
PS2 - 1
360 - 0

Code: [Select]
|  NDS  |    105.466  |    180.492  |    285.958  |  29.384.546  |
|  WII  |     76.772  |    163.855  |    240.627  |   9.681.971  |
|  PS3  |     61.591  |    114.368  |    175.959  |   4.562.958  |
|  360  |      5.461  |      6.878  |     12.339  |   1.215.133  |
|  PS2  |      3.092  |      4.023  |      7.115  |  21.613.269  |
------------------------------------------------------------------
|  DSi  |     50.178  |     92.461  |    142.639  |   4.389.124  |
| DSiLL |     45.221  |     70.643  |    115.864  |     552.128  |
|  DSL  |     10.067  |     17.388  |     27.455  |  17.847.823  |
|  PSP  |    145.682  |    132.911  |    278.593  |  13.813.015  |
| PSPgo |      2.840  |      3.903  |      6.743  |      78.595  |

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #5498 on: January 16, 2010, 06:51:28 AM »
CoD4:MW[Reflex] > 500k (LTD)

Holy moly!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5499 on: January 16, 2010, 07:22:15 AM »
It's CoD, what do you expect?

Plus the game has gotten some mainstream promotion. On a rock radio station I listen to they play a rather annoying short segment (mainly due to the way it's shamelessly trying to appeal to a bunch of frat boy shooter fans) called 'Got Game' where they highlight new releases. They specifically mentioned Reflex and said it turned out really well considering it got on Wii but chided the controls...the point of the Wii version was the different controls so it felt really silly for them to be complaining, especially with the customization options.
My Game Collection