Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 140803 times)

Offline Kwolf

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #175 on: July 24, 2012, 09:51:37 PM »
Got on and played some more this evening.  Started building a Stone Brick tower above my house and digging out a mineshaft below my house.. I went down far enough to hit bedrock.

The stone brick tower though not complete offers a nice sight.  From the top you can see as far as spawn.  It's just taking me awhile to build it.   Having to smelt the cobble stone takes time.   It's been a blast though.  Going to retro fit the tower as I build some, put in some viewing decks.

Also I forgot how crazy it was to mine right next to endermen.  I had one keep creeping up on me trying to get into my view site.  I felt like watching indiana jones as a kid.  The final scene during raiders of the lost ark where I would close my eyes.  Thinking if I looked at the tv the bad stuff would happen to me too..  Kept having to look down at the ground and just back away.   Just kept telling myself don't look at it..   :)

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 24, 2012, 10:42:59 PM »
I really didn't do anything today besides find Perm's Sky bridge. I'm thinking of starting to beat the game. ANyone have obsidian for me?

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 25, 2012, 05:13:43 PM »
uh, guys?  what happened in my storage/incinerator room?  it's now a volcano, and all of my chests have been burned up.  I had diamond in there, as well as a ton of building materials?  it took a lot of work to get all that stuff, and now it's gone!
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Kwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 25, 2012, 07:04:25 PM »
Eh that's not good news to wake up to.  I'm sorry to hear that.   Can't say I have been in your house before.   Did it look like damaged from an explosion any?  If you feel that someone may have griefed you or such even on accident.  I'm sure we are all okay with an honor system.    I don't think any of us would mind if you spawned the items to replace them since you did the work to get them in the first place if you want.    Since your a server admin.

Still feel bad about this though..   Sorry to hear that.  I haven't found any diamonds yet, but I will gladly pledge my first few to you Drew.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 25, 2012, 11:11:54 PM »
The server is down. :(

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 26, 2012, 12:43:32 AM »
And once again, after I finally get a compass, map, food, and iron tools for far exploration, I get too cocky during the night and get killed by a creeper. Fuuuuccccck mmeeeee

EDIT: and then a creeper blows up my wheat farm oh my goooooodddd
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 12:52:41 AM by Oblivion »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 26, 2012, 02:08:32 AM »
That's not too good with the lava.

Someone should be given OP powers so that we can regain any lost irreplaceable material. Losing diamond just slows the game down.

By the way, who keeps leaving my doors open? I'd prefer my doors stay closed so monsters don't come in. There have been times I've run in bleeding only to be killed by a monster in the past.

~Update~
Hey! Who is stealing my stuff? My stuff in my mountain is not community stuff. Someone stole almost everything I had in a chest and my bed. WTF? Where is my bed? And my entire chicken coop is emptied.

Stop stealing stuff. I know someone took my things once before but it was just a few brick so I didn't say anything. I am now asking that no one enter my mountain without asking first.

We may have a griefer on our hands which sucks because there are only five of us...

« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 02:14:03 AM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 26, 2012, 04:58:02 AM »
Seriously? That's pretty stupid. Is there any way to lay down traps? Maybe setting up  server wasn't such a good idea. :( Who is doing it, please stop so we don't have to stop playing.

I ended up moving my **** far away from the spawn point so my stuff wouldn't be targeted either.

Offline Kwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 26, 2012, 10:14:47 AM »
Well right now lets kinda hope that everything that has happened was a misunderstanding or fluke.  Hoping everything will just settle.   Although if not, already kinda looking into some server pluggins and mods through bukkit to help with the problems.

I just fear these kinda hampering people though too.  As we all may end up having to do lots of unnecessary commands and such to land rights, chests, etc.   If it comes to it though will just do it though.   

The one thing I kinda fear about putting a lot of pluggins on the server is, we may have to wait some long extended times after updates before we can update the server.  As we will need to wait for each mod to become compatible with the newest update.    I think at least.   

As it is not totally sure how updating the server will work next week.  I think August 1st is when the next major minecraft patch comes out.   Guess will find out then.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 27, 2012, 12:49:33 AM »
Drew, I recommend using Glass Panes instead of glass blocks. They look much nicer and they are actually more cost effective. I placed a bunch of panes inside your chest in case you like them better.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 12:52:08 AM by Oblivion »

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 27, 2012, 01:13:58 AM »
Oh god I'm so sorry. I wanted to see what Drew's Lava Bucket did and now I know. I wanted to see if it would collide with the water but it didn't work how I wanted it.

Now, don't worry, it didn't destroy anyone's house or anything. I really like it and I hope that no one gets rid of it please.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 27, 2012, 01:20:56 AM »
Lol, "OMG I'm sorry!" Best caption for that screen.

I might place a protective wall there to protect spawn.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 27, 2012, 04:19:12 AM »
I gave this a go a couple weeks back when a friend let me borrow an account to mess around with. It's amusing enough, but there is one thing that really kills it. The underlying program is a wreak. You tell it to only use so much memory, but it doesn't obey it and proceeds to use swap instead which is never a good idea. You allow it more, but it then goes and uses swap anyway even though there is free and inactive memory it can use. It's memory use is completely uncontrolled. Even quitting is a hassle since it's so badly written it doesn't quit cleanly most of the time and there is a significant chance that it fails to release the controls on quit effectively locking up the system.

The computer can handle the graphics just fine maxed out, it's everything else about it that's broken. Even though this game works, I would have given it a score of zero considering how bad it is on a technical level. It's a shame because I can see why people like it.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 27, 2012, 02:18:31 PM »
The underlying code is absolutely and undeniably terrible. Thankfully, most end-users will never notice it. At least not now. Program crashes and outright memory dumps used to be common place. Bad enough to the point where if you didn't save every 5-10 minutes, you were screwed. A lot of the show stopping bugs have been weeded out. Also, using the 64bit version of Java helps tremendously.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 27, 2012, 08:44:52 PM »
Anyone want a PvP arena? I was thinking of making one.

EDIT: Instead of making a PvP arena I upgraded our wheat and sugar cane farm. I added protection around the wheat. I'll find a place for a PvP arena soon. If people need food or wheat, I have a special chest for bread and wheat in the original house that was built.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 10:02:38 PM by Oblivion »

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 27, 2012, 10:36:08 PM »
I am using 64bt java. It's the uncontrolled memory use that is the primary issue. I get the feeling that there is a massive memory leak or a complete failure in memory management of any kind. I can be standing still and memory usage would still be going up. The moment it starts using swap, it's a count down to doom. I like his stances on issues, but he did not deserve the money he got for his programing skills. I would be ashamed with the quality of work. And I am talking about the current build.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 27, 2012, 11:28:55 PM »
Sorry Oblivion, but I don't want a giant hazard next to my house.  I don't need to accidentally kill myself in that thing to know that I don't want it there.

I'll leave it for now, but I'm going to put a barrier around the base.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 11:33:29 PM by NWR_DrewMG »
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 28, 2012, 02:38:51 AM »
Well, I accidently killed half of it from a waterfall trying to make obsidian, so you're good. No more danger unless you somehow run into it.

I got a nether portal working, near drew's house.

Offline Kwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 28, 2012, 07:45:42 AM »
Wow logged on for a little bit this morning.   That's some crazy sugar cane farming near spawn. I thought I was in a jungle for a moment. :P

Also went through the portal to the nether but pretty much came right back out.   I worked on the water ways a little.  I connected the river near spawn and the river that goes near my house.  I built an tunnel aquaduct for them to connect.   Not sure why but I enjoy peddling about in a little boat.   

I noticed someone kinda helped "illuminate" that dark room in the back of my house.  I put a sign up and labeled it as a Mushroom farm.  It's not really supposed to have much light in there.  To help the mushrooms reproduce.   That's why I have an Iron door with a one way lever on it.   So monsters that spawn in there can't get out.  :)

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 28, 2012, 12:10:05 PM »
Ah, sorry about that. I saw a bunch of monsters in there and killed them all and light up the place. I didn't see a sign so I wasn't sure what it was. I was going to block the door back up today.

Offline Kwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 28, 2012, 01:12:24 PM »
It's okay :)  I forgot to label it cause I was running out of time the other day to play.   I barely had time to throw a single mushroom in.    I put a sign up today though.   ^_^

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 28, 2012, 02:30:57 PM »
Started working on the PvP arena near the animal and wheat farm. Got rid of the lava.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 28, 2012, 02:46:10 PM »
what server is this minecraft action taking place on?

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 28, 2012, 03:30:22 PM »
Talk to kwolf. It's whitelisted.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 28, 2012, 04:41:19 PM »
Got the PvP arena done. SInce I've spent so much time on it I'd like people to check it out. Perhaps even use it? :P