Author Topic: Wii kiosk image?  (Read 3978 times)

Offline Donutt007

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Wii kiosk image?
« on: August 31, 2006, 12:47:49 PM »
OK, probably fake but hey, why not take a gander at it.

PlayFeed

Oh there's a PS3 one on there too...but who cares about that.  

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
RE: Wii kiosk image?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 01:14:26 PM »
no nunchuck? hmmmm

Offline Donutt007

• View Profile
RE:Wii kiosk image?
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 01:22:11 PM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
no nunchuck? hmmmm

Ohhh good point. I think the real Kiosk would HAVE to have the nunchuck, unless they only put games that won't use it, but then again, that might turn off alot of people that haven't heard of or played it yet.  

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 01:22:24 PM »
"no nunchuck? hmmmm"

In theory I guess you would only need it depending on the game being demoed.  In this case it looks to be WiiSports.

One could also detach the nunchuk from the remote and walk off with it.  Nintendo will probably have to design some special one piece controller for demos.

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 01:42:58 PM »
OOh I know what they will do, they will stick a small explosive on the nunchuck, and have a sensor to determine how far it has gone away.  That way, if somebody tries to take the nunchuck oustside of a 30 foot radius, the nunchuck would explode!

The only downfall is they would still lose the controller, but the theif would probably never steal a nintendo product again!  (especially if the nunchuck was in his front pants pocket when it exploded)
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 06:06:52 PM »
To Similar.  Anyway.  Personally I just ave a Hard wired WiiMote that has a Hardwired Nunchuku.  No way to detach them and even if you did they be useless because they wouldn't be compatible with the consumer version.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 05:18:05 AM »
That's a good idea.  This brings up one interesting problem I hadn't thought of before: how will Nintendo demo Super Smash Bros. Brawl?  Having to possibly swap between traditional and nunchuck controllers makes Wii kiosks even trickier.  Maybe Nintendo will have to give stores a way to swap controllers.

I could also see Nintendo sticking to base controller games only, since the whole idea is to sell this thing to non-gamers.  
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 07:15:33 AM »
Well, they did have the stores switch to the Bongos for the Donkey Konga demos.  So switching controllers is not out of the question
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2006, 09:32:34 AM »
They should have them like at E3...each guarded by snazzily-dressed, often blonde women that guide you through the games.

Offline Donutt007

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2006, 10:07:45 AM »

Originally posted by: couchmonkey

I could also see Nintendo sticking to base controller games only, since the whole idea is to sell this thing to non-gamers.

Well they don't want to sell it only to non-gamers. They need to show how it can work with other games too. They need to show Madden, a FPS (probably Red Steel or MP3), and a Mario Preview AT LEAST! I would like think they'd put a demo of Rayman, Elebits, as well as a few others, but I won't get my hopes up yet.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2006, 10:27:45 PM »

Originally posted by: couchmonkey
That's a good idea.  This brings up one interesting problem I hadn't thought of before: how will Nintendo demo Super Smash Bros. Brawl?  Having to possibly swap between traditional and nunchuck controllers makes Wii kiosks even trickier.  Maybe Nintendo will have to give stores a way to swap controllers.

Well. I still believe that Smash Bros will be playable on the remote+attachment - the controls would still be intact. It could be a bit awkward, though..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2006, 05:49:41 AM »
You know they could just rewire Demo Wii's so that the GCN Ports where able to be used for plugging in Hardwired WiiMotes instead.  Then you have a locking mechanism on the Wiimote for locking the peripherals cord into place on it.  No Wii game should use the GCN ports.  Thats there for backward compatibility as Nintendo has stated.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2006, 06:33:47 PM »

From GoNintendo.com:
Just a few days back we ran a story on a picture of a Wii demo kiosk. The picture has turned out to be true, due to numerous sources who have informed me. The same image shows up in a packet sent out to EB/Gamestop employees to get them ready for the unit. I am glad to hear that it turned out to be real, I really like the look of it!

source
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline coolsebas

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2006, 05:09:19 PM »

Offline couchmonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2006, 07:10:36 AM »
One thing the guy in that video pointed out that I missed before is that the Wii kind of looks like it has a second TV on the demo kiosk, if it's true then he suggested it might playback video of the person playing.  That might be cool for onlookers waiting in line (though I don't want people looking at me while I play all that much ).

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2006, 05:40:56 PM »
*Bump*
This is exactly what this is.
On Maxconsole(Site), They have a picture of a computer screen that supposedly has the Best Buy Wii Setup.
The Picture.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2006, 06:08:00 PM »
Very sleek. Looks like they were planning on the console boxes being vertical at one point, interesting. The screen being so high up may be annoying for gameplay, although I'm not sure if that unit is even playable. Where does the controller go?

Count-down timer sounds good.

edit: here's a direct link to the gonintendo story.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline couchmonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2006, 08:23:44 AM »
EXCITEMENT!  Soon there will be Wiis in stores and that means there will be lineups of little kids crying from me beating them up so I could get to the front of the line.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2006, 08:32:13 AM »
*Unbeknownest to Couchmonkey He'll be beaten up by the big Bubbas wanting to be in the front of line*

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2006, 08:48:24 AM »
Wiihy aren't wii calling these thiings Wiiosks?  

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2006, 09:26:40 AM »
I know!
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64