Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. for WiiU (& 3DS)  (Read 456362 times)

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros. WiiU (& 3DS)
« Reply #225 on: July 03, 2012, 12:54:53 PM »
Count me in the dissenting opinion.  I took his comments as saying he wouldn't want a higher character count than what was in Brawl.

I would expect the same number of characters as Brawl, with them swapping out some of the clones/less popular characters with some new ones.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 10, 2012, 12:27:41 PM »
Tekken Producer Harada says Smash Bros is a big priority for Namco. He doesn't believe a Tekken character will be welcomed by the Smash Bros fans, but still he doesn't know ultimately what will happen in the future.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1476943/smash_bros_wii_u_big_priority_for_namco_tekken_team_to_be_involved_harada.html?
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 10, 2012, 12:54:37 PM »
Like I already said, the only Namco character people should really expect is Pac-Man and that's it.  If Sakurai allows a 2nd Namco character to be added then I could see a Tekken character added because it's a very popular series, but realistically people should only expect one Namco character and that will be Pac-Man because he's their most iconic.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 10, 2012, 04:35:02 PM »
Like I already said, the only Namco character people should really expect is Pac-Man and that's it.  If Sakurai allows a 2nd Namco character to be added then I could see a Tekken character added because it's a very popular series, but realistically people should only expect one Namco character and that will be Pac-Man because he's their most iconic.
I think Sakurai will allow them to design a unique character but Yeah I only see Pac-man being in there.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 10, 2012, 06:02:31 PM »
No Klonoa love? T-T
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline SonofMrPeanut

• (illegitimately)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 11, 2012, 01:30:18 AM »
So I'd like to address a certain bit of news so everyone has their heads straight here:  Project Sora has dissolved today.  Sora Ltd. is the primary company which Project was a subsidiary of.  The company is still up and running, and Sakurai is still leading the development of the next Smash Bros. titles via Sora Ltd.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 11, 2012, 01:40:22 AM »
I saw that. I guess it was to be expected.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #232 on: July 11, 2012, 07:11:11 AM »
I am pretty sure Project Sora was created specifically for Kid Icarus: Uprising, so I am not shocked they shut down now.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 11, 2012, 08:52:47 AM »
Semi-related: Here is Katsuhiro Harada's stance on paid DLC. In terms of Smash Bros., it's most likely not up to him. If say Satoru Iwata insists, Sakurai is probably the only one who could step in and say, "No DLC" and get away with it. However, since I never have and don't want to pay for DLC, it's still nice to hear this from someone on the development side of gaming.

I'm on the fence over whether i think these new games will feature paid DLC. Along with Mario Kart, it's the perfect Nintendo IP to include paid DLC. At the same time, it's not really Nintendo's style. Then again, Fire Emblem on 3DS is Nintendo's first foray into the realm of paid DLC so who knows what will happen on that front?

I'm not opposed to DLC existing even if I don't particularly like the idea of it. If Smash Bros. had paid DLC, I might consider it depending on what it is. I think David Cox of MercurySteam said Reverie and Resurrection in Lords of Shadow were rushed (not surprised) and kind of forced on them by management (also not surprised) so if they are to do DLC again, they would want it to be planned from the beginning and be far more substantial. That said, I can only hope for the same in Smash Bros. if Nintendo goes that route. At the same time, they are making 2 separate games. What can they really add DLC-wise that could be considered worthwhile and not split the audience? I would strongly prefer not to pay for new stages and characters, but really, what else is there?

(I posted this for discussion's sake so I hope we can keep this friendly.)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 11, 2012, 09:59:38 AM »
Personally, I like my DLC to be in the forms of what would be an expansion on PC.  Back in the day a lot of games would get there initial game out, they see how it sales, and then kick up production of an expansion if it had done well.  I don't like how it was done for the Mass Effect series where I had to get the DLC from the get go if I wanted the full experience. 

I would put in the hook for DLC in Smash Bros so, that it can be later revisited.  Ironically enough I would also put the hook for DLC in Nintendoland, but I would also make it so that certain games came with attractions.  Get Smash and Nintendoland gets a Museum with some games.  If you didn't want to get Smash you could just buy it as DLC.  That sort of thing.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 11, 2012, 01:18:18 PM »
I could see DLC being used to include some of the popular niche characters and stages.  Right now Sakurai wants the characters that get added to be iconic from popular series, unless it's a classic choice like Ice Climbers.  This is why characters from Nintendo's more lesser series have no chance.  But Sakurai is aware that there is a high demand for them with the more hardcore fans.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/assist12.html

He rivals just about any main character.  There were many requests from users for his inclusion, and he IS pretty cool, so I did what I could to include him.  After all, this game does let you enjoy a dream cast of supporting characters!

Since it's usually the more hardcore that spend money on DLC, I wouldn't be surprised if DLC is used to make characters like Saki or Shulk playable since their series are very niche, but have a good sized cult following who would be willing to spend money to download them.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 11, 2012, 03:16:38 PM »
Shulk would be very cool and having the Monado could open some very nice movesets, though for the coolness factor I'd rather have Dunban wield the Monado.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 11, 2012, 04:36:54 PM »
I think Shulk would be a great character, especially from a new IP like Xenoblade that has a LOT of promise- I wouldn't mind seeing a continuation of the story and a return to the gameplay mechanics, personally.

Also, I think Assist Trophies should be abolished, since a majority of them (Samurai Goro, Ray, Waluigi, Saki, etc) were just characters that almost had enough of a moveset to make it in.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 11, 2012, 04:48:05 PM »
I still feel that with SB, having actual figures that you can buy at stores with NFC included in them so that you buy the figure at the store and then upload the character to the game when you get home.  You get the collectible and the new character or stage in the game all in one.  I'd buy them like that.  I'd rather not buy just the dlc by itself in this game.  I don't think I'd enjoy it enough to justify the cost of just the dlc but buying a figure with dlc as a bonus sounds pretty cool.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 13, 2012, 09:00:38 PM »
I think Shulk would be a great character.

Every time I see the name "Shulk" I think of "She-Hulk".

Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #240 on: July 13, 2012, 09:21:37 PM »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #241 on: July 13, 2012, 09:42:32 PM »
Except she's kinda slutty.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #242 on: July 13, 2012, 09:43:38 PM »
~* pArTy gUrL *~

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 13, 2012, 09:46:30 PM »

She isn't bad. She's just drawn that way.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 13, 2012, 09:54:34 PM »

She isn't bad. She's just drawn that way.

I love Who Framed Roger Rabbit! Too bad Robert Zemekis is too obsessed with his creepy motion capture animation fetish (Polar Express, Jim Carrey's A Christmas Carol, Mars Needs Moms) to go back to live action or traditional animation. Zemekis and James Cameron (Avatar) must be good buddies in that respect.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 13, 2012, 09:56:14 PM »
What?

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #246 on: July 13, 2012, 09:57:46 PM »

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 13, 2012, 10:00:51 PM »
What?

Robert Zemekis directed Who Framed Roger Rabbit, which combined animation with live actiors. He also directed the Back to the Future films, which were all live action.

Since then, he's been making films using motion capture animation, which is a type of computer animation using actors in special suits.

It basically goes like this:
Live actors wear special suits with motion sensors attached all over their bodies. These sensors track their movements, and a computer transfers this input to a digital character. The result of this makes the computer animation appear too lifelike, with characters that move in an incredibly realistic fashion. The only good thing about motion capture is that it makes computer animation easier because the live actors are doing all the work, and the computer just processes their movements.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 10:03:39 PM by tendoboy1984 »

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 13, 2012, 10:02:18 PM »
I know this. I want to know how that is relevant.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 13, 2012, 10:04:52 PM »
I know this. I want to know how that is relevant.

Just ranting that he is basically obsessed with motion capture, and he is pretty much turning away any live action projects.