Author Topic: Monster Hunter 4 for the 3DS!  (Read 7313 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Monster Hunter 4 for the 3DS!
« on: September 13, 2011, 01:29:52 AM »
First video.
http://nintendoeverything.com/73641/
 From the video I can tell it has destructable enviroments, it seems like the Monsters are actually hunting you and not the other way around.Climbing walls and jumping on Monsters.

Any other thoughts on what the game should have in it?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 4 for the 3DS!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 01:41:03 AM »
Run Forrest Run!!!

But that's some pretty good news. Is it 3DS exclusive?
Is there a higher quality video?

edit: & one last Question

This is completely different than Monster Hunter 3(Tri)G for 3DS?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 01:44:18 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 02:14:48 AM »
1. I don't think we know if it is exclusive, but it looked like it.
2. The stream wasn't very high quality, so there is probably not a high quality video anywhere.
3. Monster Hunter Tri G and Monster Hunter 4 are two different games, yes.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 08:00:59 AM »
I'd be really surprised if this game ended up being 3DS exclusive. I expect a Vita port.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 08:18:28 AM »
I'd be really surprised if this game ended up being 3DS exclusive. I expect a Vita port.
I can fully believe this game being technically an exclusive.  Vita will get Monster Hunter 4G.:P
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 09:15:13 AM »
Very excited when I heard this news, then very disappointed when I realized it will need that damned accessory. Probably won't buy.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 10:45:16 AM »
You are misinformed. It hasn't even been confirmed it will use it. Besides, no game will REQUIRE it.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 11:12:48 AM »
You are misinformed. It hasn't even been confirmed it will use it. Besides, no game will REQUIRE it.

Right.

I'd like to believe this, but all evidence points to the additional analog stick being a big part of 3DS development going forward. At least we've got Virtual Console and some "more of the same" first party titles to look forward to.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 11:45:28 AM »
That still doesn't mean it's required.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 02:13:42 PM »
all evidence points to the additional analog stick being a big part of 3DS development going forward.

What evidence would that be? We got a list of half a dozen games that will support it in some way, none of which are being made by Nintendo. Hell, Nintendo didn't even mention it in the conference. The only thing we know now that we didn't know 24 hours ago is that it isn't only for Monster Hunter, as some had theorized. Sure, it could become a major thing, but it could just as easily be nothing special.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 03:13:33 PM »
Look, if you want to remain optimistic that's fine. In the short term (you know - the term where there are still no games worth playing anyway) obviously nothing is going to change.

Maybe the facts that every system-selling game from third-parties is going to support the extra analog stick, that 01net claims a redesign is on the way, and that Nintendo is starting to look slightly desperate to please investors and boost profits all mean nothing. Maybe games coming out in the coming years won't require the second analog even once it's a standard feature (with an ugly add-on to include early adopters) and third-party development teams will do a great job to provide multiple control schemes, including one that doesn't use the much loved dual-analog standard. Maybe this whole extra stick is "nothing special". I don't see it that way, but you're welcome to have a different opinion.

Would you really encourage a friend to buy the system now? If you didn't already own one, would you buy now?  For me the answer is clearly no to both questions.

Maybe we should let the conversation get back on target though. If this game requires dual analog then I'm very unlikely to buy. Too bad because otherwise it looks like there are many features I'd really enjoy.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 03:18:32 PM by ejamer »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 03:36:11 PM »
While TriG looks to require a clock since it is included in every version of the game so what if a clock was required?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 03:53:25 PM »
While TriG looks to require a clock since it is included in every version of the game so what if a clock was required?

Does the clock make the console ugly and too big to fit in my pocket, and require separate batteries?  Count me out.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 04:06:28 PM »

Does the clock make the console ugly and too big to fit in my pocket, and require separate batteries?  Count me out.
I think its bigger then the system so yes.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2011, 04:20:58 PM »
Just going to chime in on this whole 2nd circle pad situation. There hasn't been any conformation for Monster Hunter 4 using the second circle pad. Tri G yes Monster Hunter 4 no.At least not yet. This was just announced last night and until more details come to light about this I think we should discuss something else.

Also on the MHTriG circle pad. Until Capcom comes forward and says that there is no way around not using the second circle pad then I'm just going to say that it will be optional.That goes for the rest of the second circle pad games that are supported as well.

Now as for additions to Monster Hunter 4. I think these should be in the game.
Online.All the weapon types introduced up till now and maybe 2 more. A mix of franchise staples and new monsters. I'd like to see underwater hunts return and there be a focus on air fights as well.Maybe have a mix of all types of monsters.Land,sea and air.

Anybody else can think of something for MH4?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2011, 05:28:49 PM »
Look, if you want to remain optimistic that's fine.

And by the same token, if you want to continue to make blind assumptions regarding something we know almost nothing about, you're within your rights to do so.

In the short term (you know - the term where there are still no games worth playing anyway) obviously nothing is going to change.

There are certainly games worth playing right now, and there will be quite a few more in the near future, but that's beside the point anyway.

Maybe the facts that every system-selling game from third-parties is going to support the extra analog stick,

Okay, so you've found a definition that lets you frame it so the six games announced are what's important, and the dozens of games that don't support it are meaningless. Also, support != require.

that 01net claims a redesign is on the way,

They also claimed Nintendo was going to announce a new Mach Rider game at this event. Of course there's going to be a redesign at some point, but just because they were right about one thing doesn't mean all those rumors were spot on.

and that Nintendo is starting to look slightly desperate to please investors and boost profits all mean nothing.

The investors didn't seem to be that happy about all the announcements Nintendo made, so I'm not sure that goes in favor of the second circle pad becoming standard.

Maybe games coming out in the coming years won't require the second analog even once it's a standard feature (with an ugly add-on to include early adopters)
Again, assuming that it will become standard based on very little information.

and third-party development teams will do a great job to provide multiple control schemes, including one that doesn't use the much loved dual-analog standard.
Even assuming the thing catches on, this is fairly likely, as most of the games using it so far also work just fine without it, and it seems like very few games depend that much on it in a way that can't be easily adapted to the touch screen.

Would you really encourage a friend to buy the system now? If you didn't already own one, would you buy now?  For me the answer is clearly no to both questions.

I don't regret my purchase one bit, and I don't think this would have too much of an impact on whether I'd recommend the system.

EDIT: I'm not necessarily arguing that this won't happen as much as saying we don't have anywhere near enough information to sustain this slippery slope of doom and gloom. Look at all the accessories Nintendo put out for the Wii. How many of those really caught on?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 05:33:13 PM by NWR_insanolord »
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Yuusha

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2011, 01:37:27 PM »
I see MH4 being exclusive.I don't see a Monster Hunter Portable 4th for Vita coming later for it.Also, considering TriG was exclusive, I thing 4G will be too.

No Monhun for the Portstation Vita.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2011, 01:41:27 PM »
I see MH4 being exclusive.I don't see a Monster Hunter Portable 4th for Vita coming later for it.Also, considering TriG was exclusive, I thing 4G will be too.

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd is suppose to be getting a Port.

Offline Yuusha

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2011, 01:46:17 PM »

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd is suppose to be getting a Port.
Oh right, I heard about that.The HD Port.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2011, 07:08:17 PM »

Just ignore the fact that Kaz and his boys are making their way to Capcom HQ as we speak with what is normally referred to as "fat stacks of cash".
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2013, 08:45:58 AM »
Monster Hunter 4 Vita Port?

I didn't think deserved a new topic so I dug this old one up.

I wouldn't be surprised if this happened. I'm not sure it matters if it does. 3DS is dominating Vita in Ja... everywhere. Getting a port is nice and all, but more people already have a 3DS and if they don't, I'd bet on people still getting the 3DS version. It's cheaper hardware with better overall support. This would only help Sony not get crushed as badly.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2013, 09:15:20 AM »
Monster Hunter 4 Vita Port?

I didn't think deserved a new topic so I dug this old one up.

I wouldn't be surprised if this happened. I'm not sure it matters if it does. 3DS is dominating Vita in Ja... everywhere. Getting a port is nice and all, but more people already have a 3DS and if they don't, I'd bet on people still getting the 3DS version. It's cheaper hardware with better overall support. This would only help Sony not get crushed as badly.
With the Vita vs 3DS numbers in Japan.  Sony would had to fully bankroll a Vita port.  I can't see even MonHun recouping its cost to even port to the Vita with a 3DS version.